Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Make sure your tutorials are kept up to date with the latest MS4 releases.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:25 am 
Knowledgeable

Ok this tutorial is to change it so there is only 1 character <slot 1 on the frmchar.lstChars And will auto log you into the game without having to go through the frmchar screen =].
difficulty 1-5
Credits Genusis and Sonire
100% working
Updated Nov 9 2008 *Fixed character creation

///client side first\\\
find
Code:
Public Const MAX_CHARS As Byte = 3

change it to 1

then find
Code:
' :: All characters packet ::
Sub HandleAllChars(ByRef Parse() As String)

replace with
Code:
 ' :: All characters packet ::
Sub HandleAllChars(ByRef Parse() As String)
  Call MenuState(MENU_STATE_USECHAR)
End Sub

Find
Code:
Sub SendAddChar(ByVal Name As String, ByVal Sex As Long, ByVal ClassNum As Long, ByVal Slot As Long)

replace with
Code:
Sub SendAddChar(ByVal Name As String, ByVal Sex As Long, ByVal ClassNum As Long, ByVal Slot As Long)
Dim Packet As String

Packet = CAddChar & SEP_CHAR & Trim$(Name) & SEP_CHAR & Sex & SEP_CHAR & ClassNum & SEP_CHAR & 1 & END_CHAR
    Call SendData(Packet)
End Sub

Find
Code:
Sub SendUseChar(ByVal CharSlot As Long)

Replace with
Code:
Sub SendUseChar(ByVal CharSlot As Long)
Dim Packet As String

Packet = CUseChar & SEP_CHAR & 1 & END_CHAR
    Call SendData(Packet)
End Sub

/////Sever side\\\\\\\\

Find
Code:
Public Const MAX_CHARS As Byte = 3

change to 1

Find in Sub HandleUseChar
Code:
Call AlertMsg(Index, "Character does not exist!")

Replace With
Code:
 Call SendNewCharClasses(Index)

Completed =]

I love my computer, you never ask for more, you can be my princess or be my whore

Last edited by genusis on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:51 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Really, this is the easy way. A real conversion should join AccountRec and PlayerRec and REMOVE MAX_CHARS constant.

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:33 pm 

Does this make sure the CanMove part of the code doesnt bump you into other players?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:34 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
carloso wrote:
Does this make sure the CanMove part of the code doesnt bump you into other players?

Why would CanMove change when adding this tutorial?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:44 pm 

OH, if you change max_players to 1, it only checks if you're in the way of yourself.

Probably would be better to remove that part of the code :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:50 pm 
Knowledgeable

It'd be better for a lot to be re-written & no Server. =-p

Or just full-instanced.

But this is so you can only have one character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:09 pm 
Knowledgeable

i don't think you understand the concept of this ^^.

Well ok it is for when you have a multi player game but don't want people to have 3 characters like on frmchar the lstchar shows 3< this gets rid of two of them, and sets it to active frmnewchar after you make a new account so once you make your account it opens up frmNewChar then you make your Character then it saves it to slot 1. After this when you go to login it doesn't not go to the frmchar screen anymore <it calls the Menustate usechar stuff and you instantly use your first and only character bypassing the frmChar screen and heading directly into the game =]. faster this way and cuts your player profiles in size by removing 2 characters. but you still need to have frmchar. lstChars thing. i did it the easy way but if you want to get rid of frmchar then copy and paste the lstChars to frmNewChar find all the instances of frmchar change them all too frmNewChar and hide the box so people can't see it and you can remove frmchar ^^.

But this is not for a single player game it is for a multi player game.

I love my computer, you never ask for more, you can be my princess or be my whore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:34 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Dragoons Master wrote:
Really, this is the easy way. A real conversion should join AccountRec and PlayerRec and REMOVE MAX_CHARS constant.

That's the way I wanted him to do it, meh, I guess you'll never know the difference if you're just someone playing the game.

Thanks for the credit, Genusis, but to your credit, I never typed a single line of code.

Glad you got this sorted out like you wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:40 pm 
Knowledgeable

Dragoons Master wrote:

the problem with this is your basically redoing all of the code ^^

Sonire wrote:
Dragoons Master wrote:

That's the way I wanted him to do it, meh, I guess you'll never know the difference if you're just someone playing the game.

Thanks for the credit, Genusis, but to your credit, I never typed a single line of code.

Glad you got this sorted out like you wanted.

ya i know but you did help me out a bit so i added you =].

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:47 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
genusis wrote:
Dragoons Master wrote:

the problem with this is your basically redoing all of the code ^^

Well, the code was made to be 2 or more characters per account, so if you remove this ability, the correct thing to do would be remove the code that handles more than 1 char. The way your tut makes it, you basically declares an array of one position, which is weird and useless xD, but it works...

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 pm 
Knowledgeable

but i also change it so the regular subs that use 2 or more are change to using only 1 since now Maxchar =1 so that fixes the mutli char stuff right there ^^ and saves only 1 Char to your account.bin and so on. and login is still smooth and so is creating a character ^^.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:15 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:15 am 
Mirage Source Lover

XVII

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:16 am 
Mirage Source Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Bett

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Bett

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:19 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:21 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Line

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:22 am 
Mirage Source Lover

XVII

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:24 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:25 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Gold

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:26 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Stor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:27 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Atla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Tesc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next