Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Make sure your tutorials are kept up to date with the latest MS4 releases.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:22 am 
GIAKEN wrote:
I'm just saying instead of solving bigger problems we're messing with shit that doesn't matter...

What problems are there to solve?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:25 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
I don't know but still this whole topic was one big pointless argument.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:26 am 
GIAKEN wrote:
I don't know but still this whole topic was one big pointless argument.

I wasn't trying to argue. Fox took it upon himself to repeat himself over and over again, never letting anything anyone else said sink in. He acted as if we all thought it were a good idea to do it. We all know it's not. We just stated that it COULD be done, although it would fuck up a lot of things.

*shrugs*

I really think a mod should lock this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:19 pm 
Knowledgeable

I think client-side AI would not be a bad idea.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well your opinion doesn't count.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:18 pm 
KruSuPhy wrote:
Well your opinion doesn't count.

It does, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 pm 
Knowledgeable

No.
Yours doesn't count, either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm 
KruSuPhy wrote:
No.

You're a noob here, so I'll overlook your idiocy for now.

Soon though, if you keep it up, I'll treat you the way I treat everyone else I don't like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:37 pm 
Knowledgeable

If Im correct, Dragoon posted a proper AI tut, but it would be too "heavy" for the server to use. Moving a bit of the calculations client-side to reduce server-stress would not be that big of a deal, would it? With multiple people on the same map, server couldeven go as far as compare results, and with only 1 person on that map, the server can make some quick guesses what the best way is, check if 90% of those guesses are correct based on the client's AI results, and if not, take over AI itself.

Reduce stress on the server, multiple users doing the same calculations for increased security in populated areas, and single-users being "monitored" by what the server "thinks" is right, without any difficult calculations.

Again, I don't say this is a great idea, it obviously has it's downfalls. But currently, MS ai is crap, and all tuts for upgrading exponentially increase server load. So this IS an option. It should not be swept off the table without discussion like Fox tried to do.

Gg, ez as fuck.

And Kru, Matt's an asshole, get used to it, just try to think about your posts and he'll leave you alone. He always leaves my posts alone when Im srs D:.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 pm 
Joost wrote:
And Kru, Matt's an asshole, get used to it, just try to think about your posts and he'll leave you alone. He always leaves my posts alone when Im srs D:.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:15 am 
Knowledgeable

Matt wrote:
KruSuPhy wrote:
No.

Soon though, if you keep it up, I'll treat you the way I treat everyone else I don't like.

Okay, Asshole.
Matt wrote:
You're a noob here,

I've been here for a quite a while. I lurked these forums for forever before I actually signed up. I sat as an inactive for a while before I even posted an introduction, Too.

Matt wrote:
I'll overlook your idiocy for now.

If you're going to toss it out as idiocy, Be my guest. I think about every single post before I click the submit button, If you don't mind me saying. I said something that wasn't even directed at you, Wasn't even serious, and you answered to it. So I said something to YOU, Again, Not being serious, And you launched into Asshole mode. I don't give a shit what everyone else thinks, That makes me feel like you're the idiot.

Matt wrote:
Soon though, if you keep it up, I'll treat you the way I treat everyone else I don't like

Am I supposed to care? Go ahead. Treat me like shit. Ask me if I give two fucks. I can laugh at your shit all day long. I'll admit, I do have an anger problem. Keep being an asshole to me, And I will eventually retaliate. It won't be the first ban I've gotten for arguing with some random prick over stupid shit because he had to get pissed over something stupid.

Kay thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 am 
KruSuPhy wrote:
Matt wrote:
KruSuPhy wrote:
No.

Okay, Asshole.
Matt wrote:
You're a noob here,

I've been here for a quite a while. I lurked these forums for forever before I actually signed up. I sat as an inactive for a while before I even posted an introduction, Too.

Matt wrote:
I'll overlook your idiocy for now.

If you're going to toss it out as idiocy, Be my guest. I think about every single post before I click the submit button, If you don't mind me saying. I said something that wasn't even directed at you, Wasn't even serious, and you answered to it. So I said something to YOU, Again, Not being serious, And you launched into Asshole mode. I don't give a shit what everyone else thinks, That makes me feel like you're the idiot.

Matt wrote:
Soon though, if you keep it up, I'll treat you the way I treat everyone else I don't like

Am I supposed to care? Go ahead. Treat me like shit. Ask me if I give two fucks. I can laugh at your shit all day long. I'll admit, I do have an anger problem. Keep being an asshole to me, And I will eventually retaliate. It won't be the first ban I've gotten for arguing with some random prick over stupid shit because he had to get pissed over something stupid.

Kay thanks.

Asshole mode? Fucker, I don't have a normal mode. This is all I got. :D

Oh boo hoo, little bitch. You need to stop taking the internet so fucking seriously. You have an anger problem? Yay for you. I have one too, however, it's unaffected by the fucking internet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:00 am 
Pro

Locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3