Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: [BUG] Drawing Movement
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 am 

I'm sure this is just something on my end or something very easy, but I can't place it. Everything works fine except for one thing. When I move on the map, it shows the sprite facing the direction of my first movement choice, but it stays in place. When I log out then back in, the sprite is at a different part of the map. Which, I'm assuming is where I moved to blindly. It's as if movement is not being drawn on the screen. Any ideas? I have Vista, if that means anything. Thank you in advance for any help.

edit:
Seems as if movement isn't working at all. If I press up then the sprite will face up and will stay in the place it was. Pressing other directions doesn't change which way the sprite faces after the first movement. I logout then in, the sprite is one tile up from the original spot. So the sprite will move one spot on the server, not the client, in the direction the sprite is stuck facing after trying to move... This is even on a fresh copy of 3.58. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
This happened to me because my GFX card was really hot. All I did was shut down for a while till my laptop didn't burn my legs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
Talk to me on MSN.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:18 pm 

GIAKEN wrote:
This happened to me because my GFX card was really hot. All I did was shut down for a while till my laptop didn't burn my legs.

Thank you! This was the first time I shutdown my laptop in probably a couple months. It's on 24/7 as an active server machine since my wireless keyboard broke for my Linux+PS3 setup. I never ran into any reason to shutdown because it never ran slow or got too hot. But everything works in MS4 now, thank you.