Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Someone
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 am 
Regular

Needs to create a GOOD oldschool game. I haven't played an oldschool game that gave me an amazing original feel in a while with lots to offer. It's apparent that games made with Mirage at the current moment or current people, are just making the games as a hobby and not really to attract players. Even when people do make games that they want people to stay for, they usually last a day or two. Have any of you played Runescape classic before Runescape 2 beta? Or Tibia, if so and if you liked it, you remember the warm feeling you got when you used to run home from school to get to a computer to play it. All i'm saying.

Make your own version of a downloadable runescape classic or tibia with active administration.

Then I'd play. ALOT. I know that i could get a team together and do it myself, but i mean. Do you realize how long it would take? I mean look at my current project, were making an isometric game from scratch, it's been like 4 months and we just have something online for GMs. I'm talking to people that might know people. Make something like it happen.

Not only would i download it, but the people that remember how fun and popular it was? You would definitely bring in LOTS of players.

Post subject: Re: Someone
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 am 
David David wrote:
Needs to create a GOOD oldschool game. I haven't played an oldschool game that gave me an amazing original feel in a while with lots to offer. It's apparent that games made with Mirage at the current moment or current people, are just making the games as a hobby and not really to attract players. Even when people do make games that they want people to stay for, they usually last a day or two. Have any of you played Runescape classic before Runescape 2 beta? Or Tibia, if so and if you liked it, you remember the warm feeling you got when you used to run home from school to get to a computer to play it. All i'm saying.

Make your own version of a downloadable runescape classic or tibia with active administration.

Then I'd play. ALOT. I know that i could get a team together and do it myself, but i mean. Do you realize how long it would take? I mean look at my current project, were making an isometric game from scratch, it's been like 4 months and we just have something online for GMs. I'm talking to people that might know people. Make something like it happen.

Not only would i download it, but the people that remember how fun and popular it was? You would definitely bring in LOTS of players.

Fox and Dugor's game. Mirage Realms. Awesome retro game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:37 am 
Knowledgeable

Silverdale, Mith's game is pretty retro too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:14 am 
Persistant Poster

David David wrote:
Runescape classic before Runescape 2 beta? you remember the warm feeling you got when you used to run home from school to get to a computer to play it.

I LOVED RSC. My eye sight is -3.75 just because I used to sneak on the computer in the dark at night just to play it.

And yes I loved the feeling of running home just to play the game. It was the best feeling besides thizz.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm 
Regular

Yah, RSC was definitely a fun game.
If someone wants to help me make a game really oldschool like that, with the same system that would be cool.

When i was going to school I'd sit in class thinking about RSC lol, i was so addicted i had dreams about it. I'd just grind. Then i got banned so i started over. Now i have a level 3 RSC account. I kinda want to start playing again, but only 64 people are on..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 pm 
Persistant Poster

David David wrote:
Yah, RSC was definitely a fun game.
If someone wants to help me make a game really oldschool like that, with the same system that would be cool.

When i was going to school I'd sit in class thinking about RSC lol, i was so addicted i had dreams about it. I'd just grind. Then i got banned so i started over. Now i have a level 3 RSC account. I kinda want to start playing again, but only 64 people are on..

I would be interested in running a RSC server ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:02 am 
Regular

Runescape was the only game i was ever really addicted to. I played it for like 8 years or something. It just got boring after a while. I didn't really have alot of friends in Classic, I'd just PK. But everyone would turn on you and team you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
8 years?...

My Dark Giaken2 was made in Classic in around 2002 or so and I still have it...Runescape was only made in 2002?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 am 
Regular

RSC was around before 2002 i believe

EDIT: Also i was just throwing a number out there, might of been less then 8 years that i played.

Last edited by David David on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 am 
Persistant Poster

Yeah I remember being in first grade when playing it.