Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Regarding the license
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:07 am 
Pro

Google Talk: steve.bluez@googlemail.com
First of all I'd just like to say that it's confusing me, since the license for MSE2 is a lot more lenient than MSE1, yet both sources are pretty much the same so far. There's been barely that much change to MSE 2 to be honest.

Also, I have a few questions about the following:

Quote:
• The GUI (interface) most be changed before you release a product of some sort.

Most should be must?

Quote:
• You may change the credit page, and you do not need to say that it’s created with mirage source in your game or engine. But it is recommended you do so anyway. To support the community.

So just to confirm this, I don't have to say I'm using Mirage Source, yet in MSE 1, I have to?
Quote:
• If you are going to port mirage source into another language, please give credit to its original source.

But you just told me I didn't have to! lol. Plus, if somebody was to write a version of Mirage Source in another language, it would be their own work from scratch, and unless it's called "Mirage Source" (Which as far as I know it wouldn't be able to be called that), it wouldn't have anything to do with Mirage Source
Quote:
• You cannot open your own community with any of the mirage source versions without changing the following things:
- All GUI’s must be changed
- You need to have done changes to the source; you can not just copy the source, change the GUI and release it. You must have done some work onto it.

And what kind of changes to the source are we talking about here? I've done a load of optimizations, I've re-arranged the source code so it's all formatted correctly, changed a lot of sub routines to fix up code which could have been coded in an easier and more efficient way.
Does that count as doing some work on it? Does that allow me to be able to release my source code under my own name?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:17 am 
Knowledgeable

trully i think that is why he put the logo for mirage in the gui so that way people will change it. but thats just my thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:20 am 

this is from my personal understanding:

i) Most = Must; typo.

ii) Yes.

iii) I believe it is /recommended/ that you give credit to the origional (you're porting it to c++ or another language, so not using vb). Since the concept/design/etc are the same.

iv) Those are notable changes, so yes. I would think that you'd be able to release the source under your name. Though all you did was make it more efficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:23 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
I'm pretty sure that 3.0.3 and 3.0.7 can be released in whatever manner one so inclines. As the sources are public domain, anyone can release any source and start any community they wish with the source, despite making any changes to the actual code, however, I'm not sure if the same is true for the default GUI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:44 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
The MSE1 license states that any future changes will apply to the MSE1 license. Therefore, MSE1 is now under the MSE2 license as well.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:55 am 
Pro

Dave wrote:
The MSE1 license states that any future changes will apply to the MSE1 license. Therefore, MSE1 is now under the MSE2 license as well.

That's ok then. I thought the MSE 1 license was too restricting.

This leads me to my next question. If I've downloaded and editing a copy of the source code under the current license, do future license changes affect MY version of the source code? I wouldn't think it did, but I gotta check to cover my own ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:37 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
THe license you got there is from mse2. I think you made your community with mse1. Theres a different license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:13 pm 
Pro

Dave wrote:

William wrote:
THe license you got there is from mse2. I think you made your community with mse1. Theres a different license.

So which is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:42 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I was not aware that that information existed. MSE1 license is still the same, there will be a few changes on MSE2 license. But they will both be pretty similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:54 pm 
Pro

ok thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:38 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

dolo282.2CHAPCHAPJamiHenrFernTeamExtrPaulimblReitHenrTescBoriTescBussPeepTescAtlaZoneBlonRond
TescOpertechFiskNaivGeorKiwiBeauSexuMexxSomeJetFCredOlivKentGarnOreaAloeOralDaviAnthBrilLewi
RamiPushJuanCotoElecSalvEuroFeliErnsSusaVIIIMacbremaPaliCircSelaAdioMobiMadimattThisEurhEnig
BassHorsFeliRoxyGeorCircPerlRondClicELEGSwarZoneOrbyMetrTogeNasoZoneStarZoneMORGKangZoneJuli
DetlZoneDeepZoneMcAnZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneVIIIZoneZoneZoneZoneGranZoneZone
ZoneXXIIMiloPhilCompCandElecMielMistDannLiloConvPolaChicDalvPARKKotlSTARSeinVOLKEricnoosSATR
GobiScovTrefKotlGeorToyoStaxSaleWindMistBlacValeBranChouRolfExceExceAlleWindJeweAgatPeteMcDe
antLElizXVIIXVIIWillSherEnroErnsJoacAlphPhilNapoAkirValeKollDefoABBACharLouiConcMichJiveStev
MariCIPDKearMicrEricMaryBeauExtrPushEricUnitBarbKingDolbRuthIshmThisLaurBallENGLreviPhilPhil
PhilMatiPaulWynoJohaTeamMaxwSticRobeThisUnitDeviOxfotuchkasInteBaby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:12 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Lewi

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:13 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:15 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Haus

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:16 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Repr

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:17 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:18 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Intr

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:19 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Will

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:20 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Chri

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:21 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Mant

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:22 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Roge

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:24 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Sand

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

CONS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next