Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Successful MS/VB6 Games
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:50 pm 
Knowledgeable

Post any successful or potential VB6/MS games. Try to refrain from posting any that are already known on the forums. Might give some motivation or insight to some players.

http://www.odysseyclassic.com/

I am not completely sure, but I believe this game started from old MS. When I played the game, it was many years back and I didn't know of MS. But I vaguely remember someone talking about mirage something. But it is coded in VB6. The current owner of the game purchased OdysseyClassic from someone else. At the time the game had a lot of similarities to MS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:16 pm 
Pro

Silverdale hehe :D? :P

orpgcreation.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:48 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
I believe Odyssey is it's own game coded from scratch. Consty took a lot of the ideas for Mirage from Odyssey.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:49 pm 
Pro

I played it, its pretty simillar to MS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 pm 
Pro

Mirage Realms

http://www.mirage-realms.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:28 pm 
Well, there's 2 games already listed that break the rules of this post. :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 pm 
Pro

Matt wrote:
Well, there's 2 games already listed that break the rules of this post. :P

How come?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:35 pm 
He said to list games that are NOT on the forums already. Lol.

It doesn't matter. A huge topic of all the games that someone will actually update, would be good. Since William no longer really comes to the forums, his topic kinda died.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Matt wrote:
He said to list games that are NOT on the forums already. Lol.

It doesn't matter. A huge topic of all the games that someone will actually update, would be good. Since William no longer really comes to the forums, his topic kinda died.

Well, since no problem.
http://www.blackages.com.br/
Website is not on air for a few days, low on money xD

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 pm 
Knowledgeable

When did you guys play Odyssey? I first was on I think during 1996 or so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:03 am 
Knowledgeable

I don't know a whole lot about MS history, but I see a connection between Odyssey and MS. I know Odyssey source code was being sold fairly cheap at one point. You can still purchase a version of Odyssey from the current owner of the game. I hate what the knew owner has done with the game....but it's an impressive piece of work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:14 am 
Anthony wrote:
I believe Odyssey is it's own game coded from scratch. Consty took a lot of the ideas for Mirage from Odyssey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:51 pm 
Pro

Yeah, I completely missed the part where he said not to post if you are already on the forums. Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:29 pm 
Knowledgeable

From what I remember. Mirage was out long before the Ody source was released. Also, Consty got the Ody source some how, and released it under an AOL account, provided the download, etc. So while he took the ideas and integrated them into Mirage... I doubt the source is any alike :) If you have both sources to Mirage and Ody, go ahead and compare the two :) And.. I'm talking about the original Ody's source (the one from the creator, Bugaboo).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:42 am 
Regular

Right, well you said VB6 games. You didn't say what genre of game so I thought I'd add the first EVER VB6 application I made.
This was back in the day where I thought VB6 could be used to bring down the Government.

This is a simple application that I was told had to involve: Public Declarations, Call Sub, Call Function, Randomize, If Statements and Select Case. It had to be in the form of a 'game' and had to keep record of player's score.

I can't really be bothered to upload the .EXE so I'll just paste the source code and a screenshot. Lol
If you really are sad and want to see it run then go ahead and make it yourself.

SPOILER: (click to show)
Code:
Option Explicit
Public ans As Integer
Public Points As Integer

Private Sub Question()
Dim a As Integer
Dim b As Integer
Dim sym As Integer
Dim symbol As String

Randomize
a = Int(Rnd * 9) + 1

Randomize
b = Int(Rnd * 9) + 1

Randomize
sym = Int(Rnd * 3) + 1

Select Case sym
    Case 0
        symbol = " + "
        ans = a + b
    Case 1
        symbol = " - "
        ans = a - b
    Case 2
        symbol = " / "
        ans = a / b
    Case 3
        symbol = " x "
        ans = a * b
End Select

lblQuestion.Caption = CStr(a) & symbol & CStr(b)

End Sub

Private Function Score(ByVal i As Integer)

If i = ans Then
    Points = Points + 1
    txtAnswer.Text = ""
    MsgBox "Correct!", vbOKOnly, "Score"
    txtAnswer.SetFocus
Else
    txtAnswer.Text = ""
    MsgBox "Wrong! Correct Answer = " & ans, vbExclamation, "Score"
    Points = Points
    txtAnswer.SetFocus
End If

If Points = 25 Then

Dim NewGame As Integer

NewGame = MsgBox("Congratulations! You won!", vbYesNo, "GAME OVER")

If NewGame = vbYes Then
            Points = 0
            txtAnswer.Text = ""
            txtAnswer.SetFocus
        ElseIf NewGame = vbNo Then
            Unload Me
        End If
Else
    'Do nothing
End If

Call UpdateScore(Points)

End Function

Private Function UpdateScore(ByVal i As Integer)

lblScore.Caption = "Score: " & i

End Function

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()

Call Score(CInt(txtAnswer.Text))
Call Question

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()

Points = 0

Call Question
Call UpdateScore(Points)

End Sub

It's simple, it's messy, it's a waste. Atleast I got an A for it. :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: aeronjl+mirage@googlemail.com
Lochie wrote:
Right, well you said VB6 games. You didn't say what genre of game so I thought I'd add the first EVER VB6 application I made.
This was back in the day where I thought VB6 could be used to bring down the Government.

This is a simple application that I was told had to involve: Public Declarations, Call Sub, Call Function, Randomize, If Statements and Select Case. It had to be in the form of a 'game' and had to keep record of player's score.

I can't really be bothered to upload the .EXE so I'll just paste the source code and a screenshot. Lol
If you really are sad and want to see it run then go ahead and make it yourself.

SPOILER: (click to show)
Code:
Option Explicit
Public ans As Integer
Public Points As Integer

Private Sub Question()
Dim a As Integer
Dim b As Integer
Dim sym As Integer
Dim symbol As String

Randomize
a = Int(Rnd * 9) + 1

Randomize
b = Int(Rnd * 9) + 1

Randomize
sym = Int(Rnd * 3) + 1

Select Case sym
    Case 0
        symbol = " + "
        ans = a + b
    Case 1
        symbol = " - "
        ans = a - b
    Case 2
        symbol = " / "
        ans = a / b
    Case 3
        symbol = " x "
        ans = a * b
End Select

lblQuestion.Caption = CStr(a) & symbol & CStr(b)

End Sub

Private Function Score(ByVal i As Integer)

If i = ans Then
    Points = Points + 1
    txtAnswer.Text = ""
    MsgBox "Correct!", vbOKOnly, "Score"
    txtAnswer.SetFocus
Else
    txtAnswer.Text = ""
    MsgBox "Wrong! Correct Answer = " & ans, vbExclamation, "Score"
    Points = Points
    txtAnswer.SetFocus
End If

If Points = 25 Then

Dim NewGame As Integer

NewGame = MsgBox("Congratulations! You won!", vbYesNo, "GAME OVER")

If NewGame = vbYes Then
            Points = 0
            txtAnswer.Text = ""
            txtAnswer.SetFocus
        ElseIf NewGame = vbNo Then
            Unload Me
        End If
Else
    'Do nothing
End If

Call UpdateScore(Points)

End Function

Private Function UpdateScore(ByVal i As Integer)

lblScore.Caption = "Score: " & i

End Function

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()

Call Score(CInt(txtAnswer.Text))
Call Question

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()

Points = 0

Call Question
Call UpdateScore(Points)

End Sub

It's simple, it's messy, it's a waste. Atleast I got an A for it. :P

Successful MS/VB6 Games

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:41 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Hung152.4BateBettSecrHenrLuisCuorWillCorrJeweTescMarcJameCuisJuleSifrTescJameJazzHermPhotMonk
TescPicBTescTescAcmePoulVaniCastBrokAccaAnosCadiEtheArmeYoghSkinNiveAdidPapiWellPETECredAise
FourDimaSancArktJeweChanExceELEGMPEGClivElizFastMPEGAcceSpliCreeRoxyKennNikiAdioBeebGaleDima
FredVisiFeliHenrNikiJuleAstrRondGiorJackFuxiZoneDubaWindScooRusiZoneBaltHarrGeneJeanlunaMORI
ShutArtuDylaIstvJeffJohndiamSuchChriZoneFionRajnZoneXVIIXVIIZonediamMichRichLAPIKonrZoneZone
BriaKutaArtSPIONMollCarpRiveAgneBookPeugPleowwwdJeweChicBancRobeXVIIAVTOARAGKenwDarlAmerFree
ValiBookDreaOpenCustTrutLittwwwnWindWindglobRedmJackUltrYarrwwwaJeweJeweNintPumpHideAriaGaiu
SpacRichVIIIMarkJohnForeThisFiniAcadPatrChecLovePageRockDennUberMichSetaArduBradRobeInteLego
AnnaMichMichVitaChanDisgClayLEGOSusaWindDiviWindWindRUDYAtomVirtVIIIFOREEsmaMPEGUninPIONPION
PIONBeteCraiWilhUnchKnowGarykillGeroConcHanaLymaVIIItuchkasWindTops

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Conn357.5BettCHAPTimaSideValiComoTakeSoulAndrTrauFiskVoltPleaGranCathZofkTrixJasmZoneKuniKare
TescBreeCerePoinGreeLadyPenhGarySophYorkJameNeolMadnOreaGalvColgDolcOreaGreeOreaOscaLoveDent
ProsInteCarlSophAmarCotoNighHowlFrandefiSibuJonaManlCzobCoheJaneCosmJohnNikiRoxySherMostSash
VoguJameMPEGNormKateCocoGustZoneMaurWindFiliWinxXboxLapiZoneZoneRobiStarMorgZoneWillPandZone
AndrRobeMorgNasoRobeAlbeFotoWormSimoDaiwSiddMartFilmConnMerrFletNighCarlBrenSamuWillAnneStan
RegrWindMichCMOSSchaOPALHotpHiroBookWindThomAmebZEBRWWYaMichJennJardSauvWindLionGipsProdGosp
XboxFameFaunJayeZongStarWindWindWindWindLEGOsupehappEscaEverSequRobePurpPeteBeliDeepRobeThes
LukiLondRichKeesDonaJuliozonJameThomNikoBladVladBogdLoveenjoOlivHansTimeChapHypoBfhuInteFurr
MichBruccasePhilJeffMounJustMENSBernFionHeavOzdoLouidareEdgaBonfWillVaneAdobArleRichCMOSCMOS
CMOSEdgaHurrDharAtenBabyPersCodeFionAlbePennPhilXVIItuchkasMoreJohn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Thou220.1AQQAReprCallIstvKurfDaddXVIIOnlyAutuImprEverSidnRobeTescAmouTescEliaBrazarinKathSuis
TescMoreJackZeroEpstXVIIGeorWalsUsheJohaPeteJustStanStefAlwaRexoPalmFiskLotuSusaTescTimoTson
GeorRiccAmarJohnSigmGiovXVIISilvEtheClanMODOELEGPushVentLoweSelaFranSallSelaSelaRafaSieLFunk
SonyRobeFeliCircMariVentGeorZoneKjelMitcZoneZoneSilvMichPodkFuxiZoneAnneClauMileJameZoneBria
PianZoneZoneZoneDaviKrzyZoneZoneZoneZoneAnneZoneZoneSusaZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZone
ZoneXVIIYeddSECASamsSamsVestCharBookRatcAgaiEeyoClasLiedRenzZENIElecFALCAstrExceExcePaedPost
MARAValiRaveSingDisnSamsKidsElviWindWindRembSiemChouPacoChowXenoXVIIworlTestChanNoamAgatWill
KidsChilDonaVictLeipHomeXVIIMoguDaviChroOZONTherHighOksaRogeAlieJeancompKishIntetATuRajnQUMO
TurbJeanPoweBritHalfCandLazyClifDucaXVIIFallZdenwwwbLadyMichnighFionThomRivePremNaciSECASECA
SECAXVIIFranMcKeepicSelfHearStepChriRichSveiNoteStabtuchkasCompWalt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Risi87.1BettBettKybeJeanCindDiCiVadiManlDisnDekoRondMichTescJuleBrazAlicTescAtlaRichFivePens
TescCurvTescLonaPlanMatiVaniSchoSupeGillAlexActiBangBellSchiNiveNiveKamiNiveStepGeorExpeShee
GlenFashManoSayiTambCharPogudarkRalpSideDougOsirOverJAVAJohnNikiCarlTamaLloyAtikRobeXVIIOmsa
VoltSoulRafaLineXVIIAdamFranZoneGlobMikeChetZoneNoradiamFranHappZoneXVIIZoneHappZoneSylvZone
PoyeWalkXVIIUrsuPatrWillZoneChinIsaaEinsOrsoWillLindFighFranKarediamMagaDublMicrJenoBramFyod
TorgdireTDasZOOMBBucServDolbHappBookCarlShawJoseMemoEscaWoodpokeWoodAdriARAGXVIIXVIIamazVoca
ValiConnTrefMeetMOXIMickBakuAdobWindXVIICHARValeWinxPurpqMonWindCarnprodFranFantLindBonuYour
TrueBrinXVIIMichSoviAlexWindJulePartBernMediBariAutoSkitSyncKMFDfraublitSarvJameRamiDaviYama
XVIIWinePaulBradPolaVeneKissBianSupeHeleAllaDecaBonuErnsEricHappJeweMoneOtfrSinsTurbZOOMZOOM
ZOOMBonnVelvLisaGimmAnneMalaRohiCommScopPennXVIIJohntuchkasHowaAris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:48 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Star155.7ReprPERFSydnENNIThrePatrAsteAssaGillDeanKoliGayaFOREmostScooAlbeTiesBallarinXVIIEmpe
BendOuveSupeSoloDennCarlAlexHereParkMicrJackFranViolXVIIBohuAlexHearLinuArthRobeVamoEdwaPict
HenrZoneFalcXboxXVIILisaEdnaTraiPatrFallGlobAlchJogamattJameNeelFrauToniLudwHerbEuryElmoXVII
EtniAlanJameIndeKarePaliWhatXVIIAquaCircMichLindELEGTeenZoneAnaiReadXVIIGARDFranKickPriyLiPo
ZoneZoneDeclRoomZoneZoneMaryFireZoneThirZoneZoneZoneZoneLaneRiseArdeZoneZoneFreeTourSimoZone
KuniAppeAnnoSennMyngTeacNodoInboAgneJonagirlcellTaurPolaCrocKotlOlmeLittPionSeinUrheThisFusi
ValiRIVETangStefMeriChicBlueWindGuanArCoMoleConnValeBvlgPlanDEADBernLaurreseJohnAlleAriaThom
XXVILiveEdgaExilMadhLaurWinnHenrLighJeroDonaWindAtlaAlexReadPhilkBitNASAWoulWallVictSaveProd
TubeCharJaneProjJoanMattSmokDisnWITCGenePridBrucSpotDaviCastHolyNeilFreeShelRencHenrSennSenn
SennwwwrHansEnglContElizNotrimpoRudoToveLindIntrPatrtuchkasSacrSusy