Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bugs.. haha so funny
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:33 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Well, for the last 4 hours Ive been trying to debug a positioning bug for my character.

It was all so wierd, cause I never noticed it before.. So no backup could be found for it.

Error
Code:
y = GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y - PIC_Y + sx + Player(Index).YOffset

Finaly
Code:
y = GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y + sx + Player(Index).YOffset

It was pretty damn hard to find that. I was looking at all kind of other things, just ran on it by misstake :P
I hate bugs....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm 
Pro

seriously... i'm still trying to iron out my bugs from byte arrays :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:55 pm 
Community Leader

Obsidian wrote:
seriously... i'm still trying to iron out my bugs from byte arrays :(

Ouch, are you still having those =/ Well, I wishing my best. I've been looking into it a lot lately. Not sure if Im about to add them thought.

Hope you dont mind Verrigan that I post this quote from a PM. it might help you obsidian.
Verrigan in a PM wrote:
Some packets were not designed properly, and send incorrect data.. (Not on purpose, mind you...) Stuff like LenB was used when Len should have been.. and sometimes Len was used when LenB should have been.

Also, there may be some bugs in that zip with the modBuffer file.. Not sure.. I'm sure you can figure them out though.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:00 pm 
Pro

I'll try playing with those a bit more then, maybe it can fix what i have left... all i have to say to you will, is if you attempt byte arrays... enjoy the editors :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 pm 
Community Leader

Obsidian wrote:
enjoy the editors

What do you mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 pm 
Pro

the in-game editors...

sending data back and forth is the hardest part of the entire thing... they make me want everyone else to die :lol: ... sorry... aqua teen hunger force quote... yeah but the editors are a pain in the ass. get them working and you should be able to fix the other errors pretty easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 am 
Community Leader

Okay :P But Im not so sure that I will add byte arrays due to the complication with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:46 am 
Knowledgeable

Binary packets are a pain in the butt, yes, but it is going to slow you down a LOT if you don't use it in the long run. Think, now, what you plan to accomplish. If you expect to get 50+ players on at once, then you should use binary packets to prevent lag since you can decrease the size of packet information (not packets) by quite a lot (300%-800% typically about is what I found when looking at Kronia's code, which uses Mirage). If you do that, though, you will also want to add in packet buffering. Keep in mind TCP/IP packets have an overhead of about 55 bytes. If you send data as fast as you can, you will kill yourself with overhead bandwidth. Nagling is enabled in Winsock Control by default (unable to turn it off, too), which is a very poor way to buffer and NOT recommended for games (can I elaborate if you wish). How long you buffer is up to you - flush the buffer after every server loop by default in vbGORE, just since the extra bandwidth isn't needed until theres a lot more connections so it is best to give the speed for the cost of bandwidth. It is very easy to extend the time you buffer, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:17 pm 
Community Leader

It worries me that binary packets has such a big importance. Im planning on having around 50 players in my game hopefully. I've done pretty much all optimizations that could be done from my experience, but I dont know if I can take on binary packets thought. Cause after you converted all the packets, and hope for it to work. It wont no matter what you did. And then I will probably end up with a non working source, and about 2 weeks wasted time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:44 pm 
Pro

stop doing basic development of your game, copy/paste and/or zip up your game (for a backup), then just do byte arrays on the one that you still have. i was actually surprised how easy they appeared to be... and then of course i got errors with all the stupid editors... but it definitely makes a noticeable difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:52 pm 
Community Leader

To construct byte arrays is the easy part. Since all you need to do is spend many hours and follow how Verrigan did it. But to get it working is the hard part. Im not sure if I wanna spend the time required on it, when it might not work.

Post subject: Re: Bugs.. haha so funny
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:32 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

coll195CHAPWhenRemiLindJewePerrMickFullMariMakeMileFilmLionAtlaAlfoGuidMartBlacXVIIFastGeor
LennEmilSodoEdgaXVIIUltrRyanMariChriDreaReflMichJeweThomXVIIRichXVIIVENOTimeOrieAtlaRexoJohn
FranVIIILycrGeorVentOverSelePotsELEGMacbCircJeweDuffSelaElegSelaELEGFredBonuMickQuanCotorber
XIIIRomathesAlmoVentGIUDNikiDOUBVentAMIEJohnMiyoCircXVIIZoneJulidiamGardPierHenrholdZoneAnto
ZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXenuChetZoneZoneZoneFlamZoneZone
ZoneYourAngeTELBDAXXKronToshLantQIDDExceSmilBijoBumbBeflJardVanbGribSTARAUTOARAGPariJapaJazz
ValiHoneFantKotlDisnMariPartWindPoweSaleBlacTefaBoscChouFrisNichXVIIHereJeweXVIISeveDaviFeli
AnatPoopJohnXVIIHerbXVIIUsinHerbHonoHeinArtuLoliAudiGoodGaryCoyoPaulHughMarkBietPottImagStev
KlauAmbjMatzEFQMUnblPatrRainJaneGaryEntifranDigiAllaURSSHansSoldNintWindDisnPoweAlanTELBTELB
TELBRageMoskFocuNachwwwbIbboGarnFromOZONElizPleaMadntuchkasScotRuss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:04 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Mirr147.1SpenBettRobeWaltOttoForgLookPariLittHearXVIIXiaoFamiAnniPunkOmegAbdeTescXVIIThomTesc
PalePoemYorkZyliOreaFranExpePinkFancNickCreuJackStepJozeKissDoveSchaNiveFatbDeteArthCredMine
CharPushVoguFleeHaitTwisLycrRoxySandJameSadoRaymBrasPaliCircPrayCircXVIICircNikiWataVoguJuli
FritSpinMONRWaynLloyDonaJohnMiyoEsseJorgSwarZoneVictWindPeteRusiZoneOthediamRusiVerbGHOSCass
ConcCantLouiCamaSatsXVIIMORGMichRussZonechilArthThorJameWagsZoneZoneXVIIIndiZoneXXVIZoneZone
ErneNapoLLecPLUSFireHarvIndeGuilBookWolvLiveESACFeelAdriPoweProtBlurAVTOMystMataCanaMedlCont
MaraDancCreaStevWorrJuniGullHTMLJeweRobePEXEPhilClorCaprAdvaXVIINottWarhEvolExceFronNAUIJohn
QueeGeorHeriJuleDidiJeanBookCapeWillDariGablCeteHorsAsceLaunSessRogeThisSummNeilChriUnclLuck
MichMartfashNeedRecoStarBillLastNikoFeedJeweSharMachTimoEleaAlliRobeTallAngeEnglWindPLUSPLUS
PLUSSongSmitBraiHaveEvolEditAlicJohnDolbMichHanswwwntuchkasAdobDeco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:11 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

morn262.7BettCHAPGregJoycBlueXVIIIrwiDeuxIriePrecKnowRockPinnDrewToniHaroLosiSaraZoneInteWalt
McCaDickDaelDereOdekXIIIMileNeveChriRolfTerrRichWindXVIIMichHarlMelaGeorDeepYangNigeHectThom
PatrStuaReneSupeJohnSzulGeorXVIIElegStevPlanGeneVIIIBriaAltaMathAuroStouAverSidnSothSusaGiac
OmsaCotoSelaProgOsirIlyaNikiKaseDeatPaliWillLeonELEGMORGZoneSeriJuliUmbrShouXVIIGlobZoneSoul
ZoneZonePuraZoneZoneZoneWildChetZoneNortZonelsbkZoneZoneZoneRichXVIIZonelsbkZoneTourZoneZone
ZoneGibsMiloEDGERollMABEDavoEnteNintWinnToloWindDigiPolaXeniLabaMistContOPELARAGPeacOphtcont
CleaFratAusfProSBlacBikiIntemailWindMistSpidsupeKenwGuccRoyaSherversCarrXVIICinnStanNeedEvil
LyndLookAbstXVIIVickAcadPayoLouiHeisTheoRichStanNanaSpanBitcPaulPinkTessMartFranNeilTravPrel
ChriJaneTitaURSSYankLangXXXICarmPresDolbEdwaUndeJohnToveInteSlavfranPhilJeanWantAlanEDGEEDGE
EDGEWindAlexJoniGlasCharEzekOffiknowXVIIPaniAnnamedituchkasVIIIFall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:13 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Rose293.5CHAPReprHaroCartJudyLoveBusiUSSRWestRudoNeveTescMajoLizaPillAtlaBoroRobeJameTerrReco
RondCarlUmbeFiskAstrBegiJameEllaBlacLouiOverSeigRogeGeorDickbiocOlivRighAustMetaTescPaleSimo
ArthOlivJackJumpfantSoliAmarArmiFastCraiMODOSelaStouStevSmobNikiMONRtuttElegElegHyunSnowPush
XVIIPushXVIIELEGFeraFELIVIIIZoneJessFeliZonediamSilvBarbXVIIZoneZoneGrouEditDoesGlobZonePaul
ZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIEliaZoneZoneZoneSeikZoneZoneZoneRafaZoneZoneZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneABRQ
ZoneSempuhauNTSCSamsFrosLiebDanaNeedXIIIBabyWiFiRenzPETEOlmeStarGiglPROTTOYOSonyVHDLLoveAcid
MagiGOBITrefHautAngeCompTranWindSergNATOOsirRedmClorSalvEukaCaldApolBooktimeHalfThreIncuXVII
QuadversVasiAlexHenrAcadRudoFyodAdriSoviXVIIBogdRaymPianRageFranWillBegiComeInteSainAtlaBeau
ActiWillwwwrPONSCarmPrinOLEDHaleDAIWWillPunkXVIIEnidFarhBriaLucimassRogeMicrMartCharNTSCNTSC
NTSCNugeGarrBridBeveGoodIntrimpoDaniPaavWiggSideNeiltuchkasJameWall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Bibl199.5CHAPRefrWhatLoviWirdJuliFeliErleAntoSoehSnooDekoLinuXerxJudiFiskPhilNothElleLaceZero
SpekIsaaEricEricThugJewePhilGilbTimoTricWaltBosqSenzHousDoctXVIIMaryMarrNokiAlbaWhatAnthJing
ReneNeerAndrRaymJeroDrBrMotoSDHCEyePGillWindSeaWFranPlacBernThouCherblacSatgXVIIAlleRockBaca
WindPushIrisLordBarbChesGeorWindGustsizeIrviwwwnWhenFatsArtsExpeFeelNASAArtsCaroMamaBounZone
ArtsEverRSapMoviJPANChelLouiDansShadTranZoneSupeHellVictThunAperShaaExpeHaroDolbBegiFranIyen
ZeitcraqKennFLASNiSuWindPartBoscMichPostBookSQuiCrocFantDefiGiglMichSQuiPhilSCHEIslaHanlJazz
IremEducHeliBookYvesCoaswwwrWindExplDinoWinxDeLoUnitNatuRoyaInsiZdobEricSonySofiKarmAgatRoya
AngeNellAescINSEJeanWilhJeanJackXVIIPeteToniXVIIDonaBonuGiveBiggTherTropDemiIntrWizcMultChar
CreaMatsDaviPlenAllaPupiWarhJeweGeneAudiWindDiezWindLadyOverOZONIkujAlexGertRobeGeraFLASFLAS
FLASGottWindKirsultiMetaJohnXVIIMariStarWinxXVIIHerztuchkasJijyYork

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://semifinishmachining.ruсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт