Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:03 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: steve.bluez@googlemail.com
I've been around Mirage Source for a long, long, long time, way before Mith, WAY WAY WAY before Robin. Back when we had those horrible slow, laggy forums (VBulletin or IPB, can't remember which). I was made Super moderator because Granite needed somebody to control the amount of abuse that was going on back then, which is fortunate to say, is far less as bad as it was back then. <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:07 pm 
Submit-Happy

I first registered when Shan went through a spree of changing forum software, and when MSE first came out.

kiteminase. xDDD

I'd been around since I found out Konfuze was made from it though :3

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 pm 
Pro

Dont forget...

http://www.fortress.chronicalgames.com/community

It's in my skin bitch!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm 
Sonire wrote:
No, you have the bentley of post counts, so you probably have the smallest dick.

:cry:

GameBoy wrote:
I've been around Mirage Source for a long, long, long time, way before Mith, WAY WAY WAY before Robin. Back when we had those horrible slow, laggy forums (VBulletin or IPB, can't remember which). I was made Super moderator because Granite needed somebody to control the amount of abuse that was going on back then, which is fortunate to say, is far less as bad as it was back then. <3

Yeah, back when you were Zelnorm or w/e. You were here before me, when I joined EARLY 2004.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:07 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Zelimos I think :P I became a moderator right around the same time he did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:44 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
But I was there :D

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 pm 
Pro

I remember your game Dave (I think). Wasn't I helping you make it? So long ago.

It was Zelimos, but I'm not sure I used that name back then, could have been Xlithan (Name I'm using now on other gaming forums).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:41 pm 
GameBoy wrote:
I remember your game Dave (I think). Wasn't I helping you make it? So long ago.

It was Zelimos, but I'm not sure I used that name back then, could have been Xlithan (Name I'm using now on other gaming forums).

No, it was Zelimos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:57 pm 
Community Leader

I dont know, either, but I was still learning back then. Now I consider myself "pretty good" with VB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:29 pm 
Submit-Happy

I was learning the basics back then, n... wait. I'm still learning the basics.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:05 pm 
Pro

I was using PW at that time!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 pm 
Persistant Poster

Jacob! <4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:29 pm 
Pro

Got milk? Me neither...

But you can check out the latest updates at http://www.TheFortress.co.nr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:40 pm 
Submit-Happy

I think it's pretty obvious that people who have been around Mirage for god-knows how long aren't gonna change to your source just because it's got a different name. You're targeting the wrong audience.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:35 pm 
Pro

And you're too ignorant to listen to what I said before. I'm releasing Fortress Source with little changes, but it will have updates over time, which means in a few updates time, it will no longer be the standard Mirage Source engine.

Would you like me to repost this in bold so you don't miss it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:53 pm 
Submit-Happy

GameBoy wrote:
And you're too ignorant to listen to what I said before. I'm releasing Fortress Source with little changes, but it will have updates over time, which means in a few updates time, it will no longer be the standard Mirage Source engine.

Would you like me to repost this in bold so you don't miss it?

No, but I'd like you to stop posting redundant bullshit.

Here are some facts:

Anyone who uses Mirage obviously uses it so they can do the programming themselves. Stop thinking releasing an updated Mirage source is original. It was original 4 years ago, not anymore. The scene is oversaturated enough, and there are better source's out there than yours for making games.

Why would anyone who uses Mirage so they can program features themselves move to a forum where you've just taken the source and added things to it?

How about you actually read what I'm saying instead of regurgitating the same old bullshit retorts and excuses.

Let me use a huge font so you can understand it.

PEOPLE FROM MIRAGE WILL NOT WANT TO USE YOUR SOURCE BECAUSE IT THE BOASTS THE SAME BULLSHIT THEY CAME TO MIRAGE TO ESCAPE FROM.

You want people to use Mirage with extra features? Go steal people from OGCore, Eclipse or Chaos.

You've been around Mirage enough to know why we keep using it, so stop blinding yourself and actually think for once.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:46 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
Nice post Robin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:09 pm 
Pro

Robin wrote:

No.

Robin wrote:
Here are some facts:

Anyone who uses Mirage obviously uses it so they can do the programming themselves. Stop thinking releasing an updated Mirage source is original. It was original 4 years ago, not anymore. The scene is oversaturated enough, and there are better source's out there than yours for making games.

Notice the part in bold. Am I or am I not programming myself, on every project I'm currently using Mirage Source for? Yes, I am. I don't THINK releasing an updated Mirage is original, I never stated it was original, and I never intended to be original.

But hold on a minute, regardless of how "good" Essence is, how much effort has been put into it, you still took Mirage Source, added features, and released the source code as an engine. Wow Robin, way to contradict yourself buddy, good job!

Robin wrote:
Why would anyone who uses Mirage so they can program features themselves move to a forum where you've just taken the source and added things to it?

I'm not asking anybody to move forums, communities, sources or whatever. There are pleanty of people on the internet who are still new to this stuff, who can use Fortress OR Mirage, whichever they find first or whichever they prefer.

Robin wrote:
How about you actually read what I'm saying instead of regurgitating the same old bullshit retorts and excuses.

Are these quotes good enough for you? Probably not since you seem to have such high standards.

Robin wrote:

PEOPLE FROM MIRAGE WILL NOT WANT TO USE YOUR SOURCE BECAUSE IT THE BOASTS THE SAME BULLSHIT THEY CAME TO MIRAGE TO ESCAPE FROM.

Could you use a darker shade of colour? Couldn't quite read it.

Robin wrote:
You want people to use Mirage with extra features?

Yes sir!

Robin wrote:
Go steal people from OGCore, Eclipse or Chaos.

Steal people? Hold on a minute, how many engines are advertised on this forum, because the admins gave them the right to do so? How many times have you accused other people who are making engines of stealing people from Mirage Source?
Dude... People make their own decisions, I'm simply advertising my engine just like everybody else does on this forum, just because you're an admin, and say that I'm wrong, doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it.

Robin wrote:
You've been around Mirage enough to know why we keep using it, so stop blinding yourself and actually think for once.

Well yeah, that's why I'm still using it? Hello?

Well that's it folks, according to Robin, adding features to Mirage Source and releasing the source code is VERY BAD. YOU MUST NOT DO THIS AS IT IS VERY BAD.

Like i've said in every post, and i'll continue saying this until you read it properly, and attempt to interpret it into your own language...

FORTRESS SOURCE WILL HAVE UPDATES, IT WON'T JUST BE MS WITH A DIFFERENT INTERFACE AND NAME. IF I WANT TO RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO, WHENEVER, AND WHEREVER I LIKE, REGARDLESS IF ANY OF YOU HERE LIKE IT.

http://www.TheFortress.co.nr - For more information, visit this website (Free virtual cookie for every time you visit!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
You're still clearly advertising to the wrong audience :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 pm 
Submit-Happy

GameBoy wrote:
Robin wrote:

No.

Robin wrote:
Here are some facts:

Notice the part in bold. Am I or am I not programming myself, on every project I'm currently using Mirage Source for? Yes, I am. I don't THINK releasing an updated Mirage is original, I never stated it was original, and I never intended to be original.

But hold on a minute, regardless of how "good" Essence is, how much effort has been put into it, you still took Mirage Source, added features, and released the source code as an engine. Wow Robin, way to contradict yourself buddy, good job!

Robin wrote:

I'm not asking anybody to move forums, communities, sources or whatever. There are pleanty of people on the internet who are still new to this stuff, who can use Fortress OR Mirage, whichever they find first or whichever they prefer.

Robin wrote:

Are these quotes good enough for you? Probably not since you seem to have such high standards.

Robin wrote:

Could you use a darker shade of colour? Couldn't quite read it.

Robin wrote:
You want people to use Mirage with extra features?

Yes sir!

Robin wrote:
Go steal people from OGCore, Eclipse or Chaos.

Steal people? Hold on a minute, how many engines are advertised on this forum, because the admins gave them the right to do so? How many times have you accused other people who are making engines of stealing people from Mirage Source?
Dude... People make their own decisions, I'm simply advertising my engine just like everybody else does on this forum, just because you're an admin, and say that I'm wrong, doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it.

Robin wrote:

Well yeah, that's why I'm still using it? Hello?

Well that's it folks, according to Robin, adding features to Mirage Source and releasing the source code is VERY BAD. YOU MUST NOT DO THIS AS IT IS VERY BAD.

Like i've said in every post, and i'll continue saying this until you read it properly, and attempt to interpret it into your own language...

FORTRESS SOURCE WILL HAVE UPDATES, IT WON'T JUST BE MS WITH A DIFFERENT INTERFACE AND NAME. IF I WANT TO RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO, WHENEVER, AND WHEREVER I LIKE, REGARDLESS IF ANY OF YOU HERE LIKE IT.

http://www.TheFortress.co.nr - For more information, visit this website (Free virtual cookie for every time you visit!)

YOU'RE SAYING PEOPLE HERE SHOULD USE FORTRESS BECAUSE MIRAGE COMMUNITY SUCKS. WAIT A GO KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE, DIP-SHIT

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:01 am 
Pro

really, people are fine with you making this, but we just want you to stop advertising here because we wont use it.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:07 am 
Labmonkey wrote:
really, people are fine with you making this, but we just want you to stop advertising here because we wont use it.

Oh shit. O.o

Labmonkey is correct for once? O.o

/wrists

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:39 am 
Pro

actually thats twice

Quote:

Quote:
Can someone please lock this topic, its so pointless, if you want this kinda pointless crap why not go to Eclipse of Chaos where all the tards reside?

<points at self>

Living proof that tards have come to mirage.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 am 
Community Leader

Oh shit why can't people just stay quiet if they don't like something?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:46 pm 
Pro

Labmonkey wrote:

What about all the other projects here that you won't use? Should people stop advertising their MS projects because you guys won't use them?

I never said people SHOULD use Fortress Source because MS sucks. I said if they wish to use an alternative community, they can :D

And if you like, you can check it out by visiting http://www.TheFortress.co.nr

No website yet but you can sign up on the forums if you like! :lol: You never know Robin, you might like it :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next