Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:01 pm 
Knowledgeable

.::A 2D ORPG that has been in development for a while now. Fallen online will feature a very friendly interactivity with the game environment and players::.
Grab your sword soldiers, grab your staff sorcerers, grab your bow archers, grab your courage players.

By Jeffery Sventora, Justin & Richard McDonald
Staff
Jeff Sventora - Founder
Justin - Co Founder
Brett - Website
Steven Kovalchick - Music
Deathknight - Mapper
KruSuPhy - Developer/Mapper
EdTheHobbo - GM/Mapper
Forum: Click Here
Wiki: N/A

"Thalenore, a mysterious plane of existence, filled with treasures of displeasure and terrors more snarer in the great longing distance."
- Grand Master Kinsul of Krin

Ratha, Deageroth and Thelora, the three noble gods of the world you know of as Thalenore, a rich and mysterious world. Players choose their destiny and the ro.le in which they play this game. Become an angel serving Ratha in her holy lands of glory, become a powerful druid lord serving Thelora, or become a demon king in Deageroth's deep hell. Fight off a variety of different creatures and players, take on many different kinds of quests and obtain the best items you can.

Current Features
Visual Inventory
Visual Spell Icons
Card System
Player Mailbox's
Visual Parties
Magic Items
Intelligence and Vitality as stats
Fullscreen Mode
Options Tab
Class Transformations

Coming Soon

Quests
Banks

Player Buffs
Smithing
Fishing
Spell/Item Hotbar
DX8
Zodiac System

Blue = Started

Blade Dancer
Become a master of the blade. Build your melee skills and obtain the powers of a true warrior.

Battle Caster
Cast destructive magical spells to harm your opponents to become a skilled wizard.

Restorator
Aide yourself and others in battle with healing and auras to become a master of holy magic.

Kurin
Become a swift and agile assassin that can never be hit but always deals critical damage.

RECENT UPDATES

April 04, 2009
Stats and how they work:

Strength
-Determines how strong you are and damage you deal.
-Adds additional damage to your critical hits.

Defense
-Determines how tough your character is.
-Determines your block chance.

Magic
-Determines how much stronger you spellcasting is.
-Adds bonus to magic weapons (Wands, staffs etc...)

Speed
-Boosts critical hit chance and chances of NPC missing attacks.
-Adds 10% of Speed level to exp gain.

Vitality
-Regen HP and SP faster.
-Determines how much more Max HP and Max SP you have.

Intelligence
-Regen MP faster.
-Determines how much Max MP you have.

Players get 4 points to distribute per level. Certain classes are based off of certain things. Example; A Kurin would want to build a character at +2 Speed, +1 Strength and +1 Vitality per level so that their chance of being hit will be slim, They will do critical hits often, they will do decent damage, and they will have a decent amount of HP and SP. Of course, any magical spell would hit a Kurin hard, so these stats are very balanced.

I also have it so that SP runs out while running (Common) and also, critical hits take up 10% of your SP, if you have no SP, your screwed. I'm trying my hardest to make SP and Speed useful because it was barely used before.

I'll keep you guys updated.

April 05, 2009

Blade Dancers and Kurins watch out, creatures may now do magical damage! Depending on your magic level and the NPC's Magic level, you could be hit VERY hard. But dont fear it to much, because players can now smith items, fuse items, or Socket items to help aid them in battle against these new magical creatures!

Buffs have also been implemented so players will have the oppurtunity to have a fair fight against anything.

The speed stat has been worked on deaply. NPC's and players can miss their attack based on each others speed level, they an also dodge attacks.

Stay tuned for more updates!!

April 07, 2009

Read the chat box, my player is obviously a higher level then the NPC, but its just to give an example of how your stats effect the gameplay!

Depending on your Magic level and the creatures MAGIC level, you can do additional magic damage to a creature, NPC's can also do magical hits, every blocked magical hit drains 10% of your mana though so be careful!

Also put up vids from a selection of our custom in game music, enjoy!

Last edited by jsventor on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:24 am 
Knowledgeable

I really like that Zodiac Sign system, find it a really creative idea. I think you should make it more involved in the game though, not just a starting item and stats. Maybe like different areas/events for different zodiac signs or something along those lines?

And what is the card system? Elaborate on it :D

Sounds like a nice project though, hope your Vb is fixed soon so that you can show some screenies :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:11 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well Im having some really crazy issues, I purged my HDD and it gives me errors on the install now.. Im gonna have to show it to my teacher lol

And yea, I have Items and stuff based on Zodiac signs, And also, At certain levels Depending on your level, you warp to a certain map for a bonus quest. All Zodiacs are hard coded so I have way more to do because I don't need an editor lol

Right now I'm working on a Random Quest Event, Which is basically when you go to a Quest Place (No name yet) Go to the desk, ask for a quest, and quests have a difficulty level depending on he players level, and in the quest editor you set it, and you have an attrib that makes it able to be a random quest, and then when your at the quest place, depending on the difficulty it gives you a random quest to do :P

The card system is like the one I posted a Tutorial on, but I spiced it up, I Had to fix up the UseCard sub and when I get vb6 I wanna make Cards either stackable or have a cardBag where Just cards go instead of your inventory.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 pm 
Knowledgeable

jsventor wrote:
Well Im having some really crazy issues, I purged my HDD and it gives me errors on the install now.. Im gonna have to show it to my teacher lol

And yea, I have Items and stuff based on Zodiac signs, And also, At certain levels Depending on your level, you warp to a certain map for a bonus quest. All Zodiacs are hard coded so I have way more to do because I don't need an editor lol

Right now I'm working on a Random Quest Event, Which is basically when you go to a Quest Place (No name yet) Go to the desk, ask for a quest, and quests have a difficulty level depending on he players level, and in the quest editor you set it, and you have an attrib that makes it able to be a random quest, and then when your at the quest place, depending on the difficulty it gives you a random quest to do :P

The card system is like the one I posted a Tutorial on, but I spiced it up, I Had to fix up the UseCard sub and when I get vb6 I wanna make Cards either stackable or have a cardBag where Just cards go instead of your inventory.

Ah, that sounds awesome for the Zodiac sign quest :) And like, for the random quest, what I'm doing for my game is too have kind of like, a place where you can take jobs, such as kill 20 level 7 Demons for example. I just set some flags for the player once he has accepted a job, and it counts down how many monsters there are left to kill. It's pretty easy to do , depending on how you do it :, good luck with that :) And ah okay, hadn't realized it was that tut. Sounds cool :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:21 pm 
Knowledgeable

Update.

I edited my post with all the new info on the game. Been workin hard on this, I'll have a full feature list up soon!

(That is not the game GUI! Its just a cruddy one i threw together for an example)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:20 am 
Persistant Poster

Has potential.

Was wondering.. is there a reason why I am leveling constantly? Do I get to kill other players when I'm up there?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 am 
Knowledgeable

Well you level for any reason you want really, to use the best items in the game, or to become the best PVP'er on the server. Personally when I play ORPG's I love partying up with friends (all of different classes) and PVP'ing. Im planning on doing something with guilds to make them more exciting then just giving them a name.. maybe special bonuses, a guild house. During this part of the development im focusing 110% on the gameplay, not many games ive played based o0ff mirage barely mess with the player stats, they just leave them be, everything I do to this has a reason, and the more I add the more balanced things become. My perfect example is Magic the gathering. I love MTg for one reason, theres a strategy to it that constantly changes so you always keep interest in it, so if I can somehow apply that to a game, hefully it will attract people to it as well. I don't want leveling to just be a gay grindfest, Im gonna have events, quests and things to do for players of all levels to try and maintain interest levels in the game.I have put a lot of logic, theory and thought into this game, so I hope it doesnt just end up as another "Mirage based Game" lol.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:37 am 
Submit-Happy

Why does everyone use those TERRIBLE icons Sebastian made years ago? >_>

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 am 
Knowledgeable

because I havent gotten around to making new ones, its on my to-do list 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:02 am 
Persistant Poster

jsventor wrote:
Well you level for any reason you want really, to use the best items in the game, or to become the best PVP'er on the server. Personally when I play ORPG's I love partying up with friends (all of different classes) and PVP'ing. Im planning on doing something with guilds to make them more exciting then just giving them a name.. maybe special bonuses, a guild house. During this part of the development im focusing 110% on the gameplay, not many games ive played based o0ff mirage barely mess with the player stats, they just leave them be, everything I do to this has a reason, and the more I add the more balanced things become. My perfect example is Magic the gathering. I love MTg for one reason, theres a strategy to it that constantly changes so you always keep interest in it, so if I can somehow apply that to a game, hefully it will attract people to it as well. I don't want leveling to just be a gay grindfest, Im gonna have events, quests and things to do for players of all levels to try and maintain interest levels in the game.I have put a lot of logic, theory and thought into this game, so I hope it doesnt just end up as another "Mirage based Game" lol.

Yeah, I also enjoy partying up with friends ;)
But I haven't really ever been in a MS based game that has gave me a feeling like that.

Robin wrote:
Why does everyone use those TERRIBLE icons Sebastian made years ago? >_>

Be quiet. Not everyone has a wonderful graphics artist as their minion. Ah-hem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 am 
Knowledgeable

Quote:
But I haven't really ever been in a MS based game that has gave me a feeling like that.

Well hopefully I cAN CHANGE THAT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 am 
Submit-Happy

jsventor wrote:
Quote:

Not if you're forcing us to read the chat with those shitty lines behind it.

Hurts the eyes.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:00 am 
Knowledgeable

jsventor wrote:
Update.

I edited my post with all the new info on the game. Been workin hard on this, I'll have a full feature list up soon!

(That is not the game GUI! Its just a cruddy one i threw together for an example)

Thats on the to-do list as well :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:29 am 
Robin wrote:
jsventor wrote:
Quote:

Hurts the eyes.

Don't you think you could have said that in a more helpful way? Quit being a jackass, Robin.

I can read the text just fine. For those who are apparently blind, though. Maybe you should add an option to choose between 3 or 4 preset font sizes for the chat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
I haven't really read through, but here's some small nit picking:

I can see the standing frame is wrong in the first screen shot (unless you were walking). That's an error with those sprites you're using. Set it up properly so it does standing, left, right.

And you need to do some constantly animated sprites (like for the bees).

:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 pm 
Submit-Happy

Matt wrote:
Robin wrote:
jsventor wrote:
Quote:

Hurts the eyes.

Don't you think you could have said that in a more helpful way? Quit being a jackass, Robin.

I can read the text just fine. For those who are apparently blind, though. Maybe you should add an option to choose between 3 or 4 preset font sizes for the chat.

Lol, hypocrisy. I'd say my comments are very nice. If some stripes are the least of his troubles, he's obviously doing something good ;D

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:55 pm 
Knowledgeable

Guys I dont mind how you criticize you, just as long as I know what the problem is then im good to go lol

Quote:

Thats actually a good idea, Right now im making an options panel so this will sure be in there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm 
Knowledgeable

Hey guys, another update, I posted some of the features, and some that are in development! Forums are coming soon so sit tight!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:09 pm 
Knowledgeable

New Update

Justin got the engine converted to DX8 and we are adding more heavy features like vissual banks and Visual parties, also the forums are now up, check the original post. Register to gain access to the beta which is coming pretty damn soon.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:54 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Jasp286.7BettYourOZONLisaUnioSimoSampXVIIDwigWillWantSpecFiskXVIIValiMoreJeffXVIIZoneXVIIAnne
MetaGilbTracRogeNighMicrNichGANJGoodLeonHeinSaraAlleDoroClubRudyWychXVIIGillBillwhilXVIIAndr
AccaXVIIWillSequIrenGrimJameErleFourAlmoMalcRomaHughmattLiveHamiAdriGustRussFranMornElizChri
RomaJoliELEGSamsAlfrRoxyMODOGhiaDisnJackRockJohnstylWhatZoneCarmFranCityIMPEChilCircZoneKhal
ZoneZoneMondZoneZoneZoneTreaASASZoneComiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneNERVXVIIZoneZoneShakWindZoneZone
ZoneMadeFranTechNouvCandTekaMielRaciKenaADONLockAdriWBQiAdriWhitMistSQuiPROTARAGMottArthRena
ValizeroEditToyoHautLiPocasuKazuWindBoomMoleMoulMoulIcedPlanSimmUlriUnitXIIIBangPhenJeweJava
PietGhosXVIIXVIIXVIIXVIIValeWaltObokWaltHeroStacSoftWestOlegSameSurePowdBeleBobbNASABrynHaji
KameElecNikeDecaMagiShanWindDaveSeanhotegoveKuvaDaviDeutDragUnivSimoArouChriAdamAstrTechTech
TechUriaMaurDolbKohnWilhReheNazaEdgaSydnBeowLindPubltuchkasWherNort

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:56 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Cros261.5TREAReprMcBaJourKennHumacontMikaJiyuGregLaurTescAfroPlatPrelTescNeveDonaVienJohnOutr
DekoJackJustFiskGareFredDefoAmorWyclNichFadoAdioStanXVIIDougDiadRexoSideMipaAikoTescBrilSere
ArthLycrNighPushFarrPendAntoMichGrahPameELEGELEGXVIIELEGQuikBoysKoffIgorsizeJeffAleiPiggVogu
CaprPushElsyELEGElegELEGExprZoneMariVentZoneMorgSelaSeanGinaZoneZoneHuntWASiMaybAdioChetJohn
ZoneZoneZoneZonePianLeniZoneZoneZoneMiyoGiraZoneZoneZaneZoneZoneZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneAmheWarsCMOSOPALArdoLiebMMNVSimsNintDaniWALLMorgCrocOlmeFeatRiedSeinNISSProlRussAtlaBlue
GerbTUSCTrefBlanTowaSmarRevoWindAliaJeweRembRedmSleeLoliEukaCaldTemuyearPropDancWindRobeNeri
HushXVIILeonCornProjDaviMaurJuleJoonRomaStarXVIIUnitGerdMikhSimoXVIISonyTougOxfoArthEntrTode
NapoGeorXVIIErneMediEnjoWhenCreaDistLostMichJudaMobiDomiFredCoriThisLandVirgExceKurtCMOSCMOS
CMOSMarcKathJohnSaraDirtNazipopuwwwrPoweStorMaitMyrituchkasJerrDeep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:12 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

John371.2BettBettBradPlanLudoSimoMichichiBoleZalmClasMammLinuAlanTheoJaynTheuCarlEfteCoheAlet
LeavCartNatuNVMTUltiWillRudoEricSideJardXVIIYannMannCreaHawkKonsValeFyodUMTSEnhaJeweCoscLabo
XVIIZoneWorkJeroBoriCotoGricTeneCircFallRatcPaolFilmGioaRossKonsCarravanLudwAlexVoixJameTran
MagnXIIIHarrGidoTurnELEGNikiLuxoGustBlinVertWindNikiVictFranRichWellKiriArtsSergImmeGabrAndr
HostMickMultKirkZoneZoneShanDympZoneChriZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMelvGeniHappZoneTitaComeZoneZone
ZoneGEBRNouvDenoFeliTaDeMoraMIELHereLemmJoonBookFlipDistFiesAlfrMistPierSPECCHEVXboxPartoper
JeanzeroBeadGrayPublPuzzWorlwwwmWindMagiPuzzBoscBoscBookSimbWindPeteMicrMadhTakeLausJeweHorr
RomeAnatLukaGrayJohaJosePhylXVIIJumpAcadOasiIrinXVIIComeLeonYevgSensNASAPaulPlayWolfBellKerr
OnliEnglfashTregJeffMichLewiPipeHaroRECOThomBritRaviToveFionGreeSounDottcompJeanlannDenoDeno
DenoPhotTomaJasmQueewwwiOperAdamMainProlTubeMichGraetuchkasPrinLynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Doct212.2CHAPLaboOverXVIIVuesRoxyEricsecoTalaViolRoseScreWindClaiAtlaNadiSomeHiroAdagTescStan
DreaElecChunEarldemeGarnAndrRobyJameJeevWillSmooThisRobeJohnEdgaFranTortHajiTescTescLaboRose
CotoRichJackThomVasiThomEricTallELEGSelaElegPaliBlueSelaLloySelaParaAgadSunaGiusRosaJoliScie
AlexFunkPlanEnjoAmteSilvModoRenoElegAdioAgatDaviNikiLouiZoneTranERINquotMaryKarlAltaZoneOver
ZoneRondWithZoneZoneZoneXVIILAPIZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneBraiZoneZoneZoneZoneHeadZoneZone
ZoneBarigaraTRASVerdKronBVQAFritFinaErikBornGianChicWRQiMistDonaVanbCastSTARJacqBlitMandtrac
ValiPlanEducProSSimbHellVolkWindPrixWindTranTefaChouEscaFrisThominflDireAnneRockFrieGladMich
DaviAgatJeffPierCharWellHonoOscaXVIIHeinMikhAsiaBentThisNitzwwwmLectRonnMichZielspacGreaSpon
HitsSoldMichJackPanaMattGoinMystMicrHighMichJigsXVIIKariAlbaLisaMenoWishwwwfBrucUndeTRASTRAS
TRASKnowVaniWilhKrafRETANotrHangCapoJasmTonyIsaaCodatuchkasKrinMIDI