Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cermona
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:03 pm 

How did Cermona start?
I was interested in learning a language, yet because I ended up at Mirage Source, I chose for Visual Basic 6.
I've taken some lessons and started of making Cermona.

List of currently added features:
- Display player damage above head, when player is too weak, it displays "Block!"
- Display player level next to name. For example: (17) Johny
- Display all players HP bars and your own MP bar
- Display HP/MP/TNL Bars in menu.
- Display NPC HP Bar on attack
- Added Guilds Partially Got a /guild command, anyone level 10 or higher can create his own "Guild Name" (Has yet to be developped further)
- Added Scrolling Maps All X's and Y's for displaying names/bars/etc. re-adjusted to the new scrolling maps feature.
- Changed: GetPlayerNextLevel Now it allows me to set my own experience needed to level up.
- Changed: On first login you can create a character, further logins will automatically log you in to that character.
- Removed: frmLogin, added the login to frmMainMenu
- Display Typed Text below the Player Sprite
- Added Visual Inventory
- Added Display Character Sprite on Character Creation.
- Added the ability to choose if you either want to be a Male or Female (yet this doesn't do anything, will be used in the future. (Maybe even as Good/Evil))

List of features still to add:
- Server Online/Offline Status
- (And more ofcourse!)

List of things still needed to be done:
- Improving GUI
- Finding out which Tiles I'm going to use
- Finding out which Sprites I'm going to use
- Creating a story for Cermona

A screenshot as how it is now:

Last edited by Johny050 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cermona
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 pm 
Just looks like you added a bunch of the tutorials and called them features..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 pm 
Persistant Poster

blud, don't make me get oldskooooo'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 pm 

Perfekt wrote:
Just looks like you added a bunch of the tutorials and called them features..

I'm using Mirage Source 3.0.3.
Yes I'm browsing tru the tutorials but half of those work as they are posted, many need changes, that's also a part of learning.
I can't start of big, I don't have the knowledge for that.
I've been reading through the MS4 tutorials too, since their made for MS4 they wouldn't work for 3.0.3.
But still I do have the "only 1 Character" feature that was made for MS4.

I'm not just copy and pasting, i'm learning out of these tutorials.

As an example: I'm pretty sure that someone who doesn't know a bit of VB6, managed to apply the scrolling maps tutorial,
but then would the overhead damage work for him? No, because he had no idea the X and Y for the damage needed
to be changed for having the overhead damage appear above the player at any spot he's standing.

I'm just trying to make clear that I am taking tutorials, but I'm both learning as modifying them.
Also as for the Player Level next to the Player Name isn't a tutorial, that's something made by myself, same goes for the guild system, so I'm not just adding a bunch of tutorials.

Fox wrote:
blud, don't make me get oldskooooo'

I'm sorry, but yet my English is not developped far enough to know what you mean by that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:29 pm 
You're using the same graphics as his game is. That's all.

Don't use 303, use MS4. You won't learn anything from 303.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:32 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Looks nice so far, and it would appear that you're learning from the tutorials. I myself still use 3.0.3 for my project, but I've been working on it for two years. Otherwise though, like Perfekt suggested, I wouldn't spend too much time mucking around with 3.0.3. MS4 is a much cleaner base for operations.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 am 

Even though the base might be much cleaner, I have started using MS4 once, but cointained some errors with blitting npc's sometimes, having a too large tiles/sprites file etc. and since it's still not MS4 but the beta working towards it, I just felt to start with the first version ever of MS.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm 
I suggest you at least optimize 303 with everything added to MS4.

There's no errors with it, you just dunno how to get it to work yet. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 am 

Perfekt wrote:

I did get it working, but when I had a map with npc's and I killed them or anything, when walking from map to map and going back, somehow they seam to dissapear sometimes, that was a bug that got fixed, but since I don't feel like updating it constantly like DFA does, I just went for 303.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:53 am 
Johny050 wrote:
Perfekt wrote:

I did get it working, but when I had a map with npc's and I killed them or anything, when walking from map to map and going back, somehow they seam to dissapear sometimes, that was a bug that got fixed, but since I don't feel like updating it constantly like DFA does, I just went for 303.

lol. That's funny. You don't wanna update it constantly, so you go for instead, the source that's not been updated since 2002.. Smart.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 am 

Perfekt wrote:
Johny050 wrote:

lol. That's funny. You don't wanna update it constantly, so you go for instead, the source that's not been updated since 2002.. Smart.

I'm talking about MS4 source, which is updating constantly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 pm 

Added: Visual inventory.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 am 

Added: Display Character Sprite on Character Creation.
Added: Able to choose if you either want to be a Male or Female (yet this doesn't do anything, will be used in the future. (Maybe even as Good/Evil))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 pm 

New Feature:
Combat System totally changed, it looks somehow kinda like RuneScape now.

Changed the Items, now Weapon is divided into: Swords, Bows and Staffs.

When the player is wearing a sword, the player can choose to train either Strength or Defense (or Str + Def, Half/Half)
Attacking a Monster will calculate the damage done, for each hit you get 2 exp. (if Str/Def chosen 1 str exp, 1 def exp.)

This allowed me to make new stats, there now is: Strength, Defense, Magic and Ranged.
Now when you cast a spell, it first checks if you are wearing a staff, if so, you gain Magic exp for the amount of damage done, elseway you just get a message that you aren't wearing a staff in order to cast a spell.
If wearing a Bow, you gain Ranged exp depenting on the amount of damage done.

The Damage is calculated by Strength/Magic/Ranged Level, and randomised so you don't do the same damage constantly.

The Damage an npc does to you, is calculated along with your Defense Level (The Higher Defense, the lower the npc hits you.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:29 pm 

New Update:

Added Alpha Blending
Added Working Hotkeys for Spells (it just won't display the spell yet)

I have made some changes to the mapsizes, had to adjust the complete scrolling map system just to get bigger maps then 15 x 11.

Improved the Combat System some more.
Defense is now no longer available, the Combat level determines the Defense you have now.
So the higher your level, the more defense you have.

Here a screenshot of how Cermona looks at this point:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5010/cermonaov5.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm 
Regular

This game sounds rly good :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 am 
Persistant Poster

Hmm are you using that alpha blending that I posted up? The Fox DLL?

It's way really slow..

And why's the screenshot so weird.. Some text aren't anti aliased and some are..
Is part's photoshopped/mockup?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:27 pm 

TonyNooblet wrote:
Hmm are you using that alpha blending that I posted up? The Fox DLL?

It's way really slow..

And why's the screenshot so weird.. Some text aren't anti aliased and some are..
Is part's photoshopped/mockup?

Fox DLL? I've never heard of that, and I created my own function for the alpha blending.
I don't know how some can be anti aliased or not, I just made a screenshot, pasted it in paint and saved it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Comp300BettCHAPKoboHAWKBlacEmmaMargTracBornXXIIPeteLoveSterBertDaviMaryPhilHollZoneMaggPrem
MAYAFridKnowSussStudmoreCraiMissToveMoisDaniCarlDaviPhilFielHonoAustburdKermYeleAndyAlbeMich
PatrGolfStevFiscHelmIngrXVIIXXIVFallCircFallTenttATuRobeAmbrPaulIrisLuxoPierKarlRogeSoloMass
BratXVIILORDMusiWindRoxyMODONintFallHaroJoseElizRobaHighZoneLoriChouHypoLeonRuyaIntrZoneMike
ZoneZoneSeptHoocZoneZonePlatZoneZoneGiovZoneZoneZoneZoneMiyoMiniEverZoneZoneCharHopeZoneZone
ZoneEnglGreaKeliCharSamsShinElecSimsStefEspiKrisLeifConvGlamStriskilCasePHANNISSCanipurpimag
StanSampDomiRobeSuicProfToloKindJewePhilAlexFaceBoscmassPerfJohnAranGladSonySmilTrasThesLaug
BuenCircWillGortPresArnoKarlPercProlArthDolpPaweMusiSpecGrovGeorCollGreySummJustVictRajnYork
wwwbHappDaveWinkXVIIVIIIDrWeJameArndJonaAusrHortStarKeviEnjoComeJeweBessCALSGaryChriKeliKeli
KeliTrudLouiEdgeJeweAmbiTracKiddCindSittPennXVIIThortuchkasWindPoly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:26 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:57 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Desp813.9PREFCHAPKetaDaniremiRollHomoMPEGQarnEnidrhymTescOnyeTescSingFiskAcidJaneqMADCoveLeon
TescDeniKonrBrytNormFernPierFranDeatKennReveCantMarrAndrPierLeviHaroBenjWindHappStoyHeadHowa
ChriSieLDollGeisDaviLeigFiniRiveCyriEricELEGFallFedeJeweVariPrinStepKaziRoxyRoxyCotoCreaJoli
PetePushWeniModoBlanFeliHenrKOLIMariPaliZoneRondSelaNoraSimoRogeArtsMastKhamMobyOsirZoneGayt
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneSonaZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRobeZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneJeffFBRoFlasAsfuTokyMielSwisYoshShretimePinaFiesChikGiglistePoweJackSPORJeweLNSFFoodBlue
ValiValiEasyAngeZodiMiniThatGrapwwwnwwwmNercKenwClorMarcRolfTherMensUSAIDolcWillStowJimmHect
ImpeRunnDaviAlphMariXVIIJohaRiscXVIISeghPhilOlegwwwrInfeAuguFamiXIIIJSBaENVYVideHeidRogeWhyb
WindStarPariInteJoanDigiWhitMySiStarWumpDUNGThisSongTempElizReneSheiElekBurnClevEnjoFlasFlas
FlasDigiNelsWordConnwwwrBlitThisRajeArthOttoMariRawdtuchkasEnciBonu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Arte394.7BettBettJeanKhalComoPietPeteApolviciBestThemConcAlbeVoluRadcRondLXXIFilmSonyBriaTefa
JeweChriFranSympBillSileEdwaAlanSidePantAnguBlocAuroHousHungXVIIKaruCharBeatMargWakeMikaGene
KarlZoneBriaUndeSieLDyraNighFallCircNikiPockWalkSweeArmaGeneDelhmailtranXVIINealAlleJameDota
wwwaGrahStatEdgaJaroHaraQuikWindRajnScriBeyoWindStewZoneLAPIGordThatRinkArtsDianUglyGastArts
KnitJeweArtsHoffZoneZoneHonoKottZoneTranZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneYorkWorlZoneZoneJohnCosmDaviJohn
ZoneForeLafoGradGienHearIritMIELRosaMiffRhinBookEscaPrecChicWoodWoodPierValgHYUNmealacadGerm
PersValiTrefTourHautToyoWarhWindmailWinxMagnPoweBorkClorCrysRobeMesshttpSofiMoscHeavNomeMaga
JohnRussrendKamkFredBriaKhwaeditErnsAlphMumiTeamGeorFighOrdeSupeElevSupeSingrealremiHereMerc
WindWhilSPINAutoDaviAnimSonyLoveGoffMarkSergToyoNortClifRichStevWinxWarnAutothreAsheGradGrad
GradInteXVIIShohEmilSONYHomeTroyFredTrinEdgaValeMPEGtuchkasWebwPaul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:23 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Comp225.7CHAPTESTJumpDennPalaAlreIeriCentRobeMichCaroPanoSleeKrisJeweRodnTiesMarkSomeTescGreg
SonyTurtTessConcRobeEmmaWillWestXVIILuciHoodFounPlacBangMortMurpRollPeteGuilTescPensTrioArth
DETOHenrTakaCarlConnKareHarrBurtSelaSelaCircHundThalMODOLowlQuikDarkIndrExclBernPushArnoXVII
JohnOmsaMatiCircOsirSilvthesClauMarlFallLuizSandSelaZoneZoneDrifWestCrowHeroLeslFallZoneModo
ZoneZoneWorlZoneZoneZoneMadeRusiZonePeteZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindZoneZoneZoneZoneKadeChetZone
ZoneCosmXVIIMJPEHeinKronBekoDolbHeroXboxDisnCotoWBQiBeflBradWoodLundKeviSTARARAGSPECNettClas
WindBravLuisSterMagiMoxiTrefLastDorlWindStylRedmChouCityGourBillEartHunkreseOnlyRemaTrumSigm
SonyErleCherArtiBranHonoHenrThomConcOlivStepNintOnlyHolyFiguTangBeatWordBreaHighJormMusiNeed
OisiGabyEdgaLiveTokiChriVideCallSPSSMaioCharWilhYevgXVIIWindSkulBegiJohaMykeTwilBirgMJPEMJPE
MJPEAttiFantScheAlejHansMingGustLendKobyDonaAntiPalltuchkasSeliRoll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт