Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Virellia MUD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: steve.bluez@googlemail.com
Following my progress on The Adventures of Virellia (2D), I have decided that I will continue work on my MUD and take it to the next level of development.

I call this engine Virellia MUD (Multi-User Dungeon).

This will not be a publically available engine, since i'll just be using it for my game, and my game alone. However, this will be the first ever MUD game to come from Mirage Source.

So, why make a mud from a 2D game engine?
Well, first of all, most of the features are there already, you'll be surprised just how much of the source you can actually still use. Although most of the code relates to the graphics engine, a lot of it which is used for storing data for the character and other things is still very useful.

But still, why not write one from scratch or use an engine dedicated to an actual mud game?
It saves time to use Mirage Source, since most of the basic features are already there for me. There will be a lot of time spent deleting things which arn't needed after I've finished getting the game to function properly in the way I want it to. Mostly everything involved with the 2D graphics engine will be deleted, and most of the other systems will be rewritten to work with the text-based system.
I wanted to have a custom stand-alone client and server, which would be unique. A lot of the open source mud servers are based on other common mud systems, and make use of the Telnet client, where as I wanted a stand-alone client with it's own interface.
Plus, being the first person to ever make a mud game from Mirage Source is just something that appeals to me.

---------------------------------------

So, what is this game? Well, the game is called Virellia MUD, and is part of The Adventures of Virellia series which now currently consists of 2 games. It is set in a world of fantasy and magic, pretty much the usual stuff you'd expect from any basic online RPG game. But what makes Virellia MUD interesting is the ability to create the visual world in your mind. The more you play, the more familiar you will get with travelling to places, even though you can't see where you're going on the screen, you'll be able to visualise it in your head.

Of course, these games are also challenging, it has everything you would expect from an RPG game, from the monsters to the quests, to the events held by players and staff.

Not to mention the development is far more flexible. I don't have to sit and decide what tiles or sprites would go with my game, I don't have to do things according to my knowledge on DirectX programming. Everything is in text, and it's up to you to be able to imagine what a monster looks like, what a spell effect looks like, or a room or forest.
Maps can be endless, there's no need to worry about how big your map can be, or how it's layed out. Each room is a grid, and grids can be connected to the North, East, South West, Up or Down. A room can be as small as 1 grid, or as large as 100.

These games are good for the imagination, and allow you to use your mind more creatively.

Here are some screenshots of the game so far. I've not yet put a nice graphical interface on it as it's only just in development. But as you can see, the mapping system works already, character stats are used from the original source with the exception of a couple new ones.

Although it looks VERY different, I assure you that this is 100% Mirage Source code, and the only change I've made is getting rid of DirectX and replacing it with text output. Some of the systems have been changed to function correctly with this method of gameplay, but the rest is the same.

THESE ARE NOT MOCK-UPS!
I know some of the titles say The Heretic Chronicles and Black Ages Room Editor, these are names I was deciding on when I was developing it, but it's officially called Virellia MUD :)

Post subject: Re: Virellia MUD
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm 
Regular

Looks very good, but the problem is that it looks almost exactly like another MUD i used to play regularely, long ago though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: hpmccloud@gmail.com
Doesn't look good.

Why not use an engine already out there? There's ROM (Rivers Of MUD), which was released a long as time ago...back in 1994 or some shit. It's programmed in C++ and it's pretty easy to modify.

You can get Mud Magic to host your server for $7 every 6 months. Not sure if that's the current price, I had my MUD hosted a year or 2 ago...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
Actually, I really like the looks of that. What is so unfavorable, GIAKEN?

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 pm 
Knowledgeable

I think this is looking really good. Can't wait to try it out

[23:30] mvrckoffspring88: Quake brand Noob Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 am 
Persistant Poster

I'm just an oldschool player...original MUDs ftw.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 am 
Pro

Original MUDs were Telnet client based, and later ported to brower-based clients. However, I prefer the stand-alone styles of MUDs such as Realms of Kaos, Nightmist and Revelation.
My reasons for using Mirage Source were stated in the first post, I just wanted to see if it could be done with MS :) And surprisingly enough, I didn't have to change much of the source code to get as far as I have, which is good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 am 
Persistant Poster

www.carrionfields.com

That's my kind of MUD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:26 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: infectiousbyte@gmail.com
GIAKEN wrote:
http://www.carrionfields.com

That's my kind of MUD.

I remember when we played that together for a few days. Pretty awesome MUD, I must say.

GIAKEN wrote:
I can't take these huge penises anymore! All that's left is shame! And blood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 pm 
Pro

Quick update:

I've decided to leave the NPC stuff till last. This is slightly annoying because most of the major gameplay features are related to NPC interaction.
However, since there are still a lot of features I can work on otherwise, I'll complete all of those first.

I'm going around now making sure all of the text output is coloured correctly.
I've just finished getting the trading system to function properly again with the new system, and it works a treat. All that was involved here was changing it so that it read from the rooms data file, rather than the map data files. There is a "Shop" button on the client, which is enabled only when a room has a shop assigned to it.

Some things I'll be working on next include:

- Hunger/Thirst
- Stat buff spells
- Updating the warping commands to function with the room system
- Updating the party system to function with the room system (Players will follow you automatically whenever you move to another room)

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I will keep this thread updated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:16 pm 
Pro

Hunger/Thirst is now complete. You can even buy food and drink to cure your hunger. I will be adding spells later on which also cure thirst and hunger.

Gunna work on the party system now, which should be interesting when it's finished. I can probably quite easily expand on the existing party system. As far as I'm aware it doesn't really do much lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:09 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: FAProductions
GameBoy wrote:
Hunger/Thirst is now complete. You can even buy food and drink to cure your hunger. I will be adding spells later on which also cure thirst and hunger.

Gunna work on the party system now, which should be interesting when it's finished. I can probably quite easily expand on the existing party system. As far as I'm aware it doesn't really do much lol.

Current party system splits xp between two people. That's it. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:12 pm 
Pro

Is it only 2 people or can more be in a party?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
It's only two people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:48 pm 
Pro

I'll work on that then :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:39 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Jacob posted framework for a nice party system in the tutorials thread. It's for MS4, but it's not exactly a complete tutorial, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make it work with Virellia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:33 am 
Pro

Thanks, I'll have a look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:36 am 
Mirage Source Lover

This336.1BettCHAPWhatMATTAlleGilbCaroWillSpecIntrPlusTherhannSergArdeXVIILarrCremZoneSomeBogo
ThorCellExceGyorThisDougImmoMAGISOCODoctAlexCalyEdgaFrizThomNicoBabyTykwJonaEricDiscDannNive
NiveZoneOverMichWarhGezaMichElwoLowlFallJeanIainFlowJohnKapuPoirEmilsilvPapuVIIIJuleFirsRaja
EnigNichNickAlanLegeOsirModoCallIyenDarkPeteSonyNikiMotsRHIAMontAnnePermBenoCrosDrawJohnRumi
ZoneAntoMichSemiZoneZoneLoisZoneZoneFyodZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindPierZoneZoneVancSpriZoneZone
ZoneChipArtSTaniBronOPALMabeCampSongProjDawntablSQuiDaliOrchworlFlipJacoHondVOLKWateCoveClas
ErleSonsBeadFOREHautNotaAuthSOZVSaleMoleBricPhilBrauChouAdvaQuieSoorSimoFranFronLoseKosmSyst
ChriHogaBlazChriFedoWindWritReprTechCharToniMikhJeweChilYevgAccePhilJohnRadiBarrHondClaiKevi
ModeForeStephiliGreeJaneAlasJoseSONYSolvprogPunxMarkEricChloNichOutlLeenGeorUnitThomTaniTani
TaniMicrJohnBehiBasiBeauFostRossRobeBlaeWolfWilfDonotuchkasOranwwwn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:11 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 am 
Mirage Source Lover

nond156CHAPNextCaleBrotElizFeliGeorBeliXVIIConcXVIIPrepwwwnSorrMagiInteZongPoulLookPameJohn
AntoJoseMileXVIIXVIISplaRobiRighHervPaidBagaFlasMancMargXVIIMandErmiAldoEricCurvMonkSchiLove
LineWinsElegconcThomHumaSunnAlleELEGChriELEGElegKnigTheaMunssizeSergJillMetaBriaMariCotoCoto
PhilSieLAwakSelaRoxyPaliCircSideJeffPALIChetRondSelaRolaOpenJosediamFullAposMikrKetaZonePier
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneNouvMichDenoDAXXDenvElecwwwcFirsDonaWindVladTropDaliDuraJetNPETEHEYNHYUNBeteMPEGTextFree
UnisGerbIntrHannFordHellAvenWindWindmailBOOMDeLohappCalvSimbbeyoXIIIWilbOceaFallKarmAudiDuel
BenoRobeTogePhilJazzXVIIEmilKarlMichTheoAlfoXVIIRobiDiamSystwallMartErikSmokKyurSteeWillEmer
OtfrDualWallGeneRidlQuenmailWindCarlPixiXVIIGeneTherHeikMuccNelsWinxCarlHannStiafranDenoDeno
DenoLoveWillEnglPatrAlteNagiRuedTonyLoveServMartStratuchkasOceaBelo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ443PERFBettXVIIKnowNothJohnMarkGeorColiToccSnooHoosSandTantXVIIRisoXVIIBlueSinnRichSign
XboxChihBertJeweWindLondBrauWillOpenVacuDigiBoheAtomTACIThisMartJeweGustBradAtlaBuonAlexXVII
SingPitoColuXIIIDotsAcceEndlLordKimoFumiWindJameLucaSinkHervGeorDaneRoxyPhilEricSympCarrParo
TrasAmanIrisBlueBazmButtDichFallXVIIWindWillWindEricZoneArtsPuccMarkHappNBRDCartHurrSpenArts
ArtsZoneRSapOhneCentZoneDonaNothZonePierZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWitoWindJeanZoneStriCranFridLoui
ZoneNewsYeddPanaMariMariIndeNardWorlPiteWindBookcybeHaveJardWithJohnGiglRefeMITSKelsBettBaro
ThalBraiSdKfLangHellIrinWALLWindNarnRemiDiscKenwDeLoClorDarsAndrOZONprodTigeLaurWalkWildNeve
XVIIBodoFranXVIIXVIIMicrBookAcadSereCharXVIIMikeDonaTokiLifeUrgeElenActiPietBlacPhilRomaChri
WindBertSonyUnitAlanIntrreleBurdstaiAudiTubuSonjPLAYJeweLaurStevJohnwwwrRickRencAutoPanaPana
PanaSoliGPRSMariSmarMariCathVariFredPatrTrisDolpJohatuchkasKursAstr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:08 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Earl252.68BettCHAPSydnJameThanXVIIMargPoinCognPerfGreeEnhaJeweHenrBabaDaviHiddContZoneChoeMMOR
CormErnsRomaSusaRogeJackGeraMarcAgatOetkGiovQuenKillBrisBackSmitPicaPaulGreeMariTescMorbChar
CalvFantKlasDantJuleReilArchJameGlobELEGFallPentMichJohnQuikAlfrGeorJoseWillHiroJameXVIIXVII
INCOCotoSelaKoffOsirSelaRoxyXVIIAlfrMacbAlaiavosModoZoneZoneWantJaroAdamDiddDaviFallZoneToge
ZoneZoneFireZoneZoneZoneElliChetZoneMarcZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindWestZoneZoneZoneDisnZoneZone
ZoneGottMarqCitiMeteArdiNodoJohnFinaFantGillWindZamaOlmeDuraExpePoweSQuiHYUNARAGAmerThisClas
CleaBrioSpecBlacKotlBabyMemoWindWindsterCrazConnChouCafeYarrGeraHardFallJimiReveAgatWilhJoha
SandGeofFOREXVIIToryMotiXVIIKindEltoHeinDonaPetePhenDolbEdmoLongFrauWindRamzWordJerzCameClan
JennARISMarlMicrRudyHeadMicrBookRobeXVIIPantOverMiedJohnJeweModeSpliWillNEGASusaSixtCitiCiti
CitiGillGeofMoonThisSchmSiegFirsMediVadiDarkFlawcanntuchkasJoseThis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Pari254.1CHAPCHAPAndrConnCafeKlauAnthDaviChelAtlaGranMileWillSimpRohmRondGeraGeraZoneBlueCere
UnitYORKTescGeorCrysByzaCareHaveLingGreghistCumpWillCleaHappMichNiveRansWestPaloPantLazoDove
LacaRoadGodlTsuiVoguComfVoguPaolblacDolcviscEdgaBeetArisRobeMartJohnFeliNikiNikiCollDreaBrea
ThemSurvRichFranBabyJethRennJohnSeneDisnGeorPiraAndaArtsFuxiSingTonyhillSwarZoneRumiBuzzArts
UndeFritZoneZonediamUnchCantNicoKrusMachMartSimoDougAngeMargWitoXVIINokiSwarGuitRickWindSaha
ParkRoyaCastScouSarrXIIIHotpCataOZONHarrBookSponTimeSwarXXIICaseWoodPhilAbsoNaniFachKendJazz
PoweSuprSlinSoutcasuPhilSylvWindWindJeweSupeBoscLighCoolPediUnivSideRobeWillStuaFuckJeweMcCa
FantRalpVIIIAcadVillAcadEmilOZONGhosArouWaltHansBeteDrivJeweRamaMartVoicRiccAlliBallLiluFran
WindDualMarkBritLittAnotBlacHertAlfrJeanZealWantANNOJaneRolfXVIIKateWaldJennMargTurbScouScou
ScouAstrWindEricSympEthnAtlaJudaAlexMissJedeSpeeprogtuchkasEnglEmil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:07 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

http://audiobookkeeper.ruhttp://cottagenet.ruhttp://eyesvision.ruhttp://eyesvisions.comhttp://factoringfee.ruhttp://filmzones.ruhttp://gadwall.ruhttp://gaffertape.ruhttp://gageboard.ruhttp://gagrule.ruhttp://gallduct.ruhttp://galvanometric.ruhttp://gangforeman.ruhttp://gangwayplatform.ruhttp://garbagechute.ruhttp://gardeningleave.ruhttp://gascautery.ruhttp://gashbucket.ruhttp://gasreturn.ruhttp://gatedsweep.ruhttp://gaugemodel.ruhttp://gaussianfilter.ruhttp://gearpitchdiameter.ru
http://geartreating.ruhttp://generalizedanalysis.ruhttp://generalprovisions.ruhttp://geophysicalprobe.ruhttp://geriatricnurse.ruhttp://getintoaflap.ruhttp://getthebounce.ruhttp://habeascorpus.ruhttp://habituate.ruhttp://hackedbolt.ruhttp://hackworker.ruhttp://hadronicannihilation.ruhttp://haemagglutinin.ruhttp://hailsquall.ruhttp://hairysphere.ruhttp://halforderfringe.ruhttp://halfsiblings.ruhttp://hallofresidence.ruhttp://haltstate.ruhttp://handcoding.ruhttp://handportedhead.ruhttp://handradar.ruhttp://handsfreetelephone.ru
http://hangonpart.ruhttp://haphazardwinding.ruhttp://hardalloyteeth.ruhttp://hardasiron.ruhttp://hardenedconcrete.ruhttp://harmonicinteraction.ruhttp://hartlaubgoose.ruhttp://hatchholddown.ruhttp://haveafinetime.ruhttp://hazardousatmosphere.ruhttp://headregulator.ruhttp://heartofgold.ruhttp://heatageingresistance.ruhttp://heatinggas.ruhttp://heavydutymetalcutting.ruhttp://jacketedwall.ruhttp://japanesecedar.ruhttp://jibtypecrane.ruhttp://jobabandonment.ruhttp://jobstress.ruhttp://jogformation.ruhttp://jointcapsule.ruhttp://jointsealingmaterial.ru
http://journallubricator.ruhttp://juicecatcher.ruhttp://junctionofchannels.ruhttp://justiciablehomicide.ruhttp://juxtapositiontwin.ruhttp://kaposidisease.ruhttp://keepagoodoffing.ruhttp://keepsmthinhand.ruhttp://kentishglory.ruhttp://kerbweight.ruhttp://kerrrotation.ruhttp://keymanassurance.ruhttp://keyserum.ruhttp://kickplate.ruhttp://killthefattedcalf.ruhttp://kilowattsecond.ruhttp://kingweakfish.ruhttp://kinozones.ruhttp://kleinbottle.ruhttp://kneejoint.ruhttp://knifesethouse.ruhttp://knockonatom.ruhttp://knowledgestate.ru
http://kondoferromagnet.ruhttp://labeledgraph.ruhttp://laborracket.ruhttp://labourearnings.ruhttp://labourleasing.ruhttp://laburnumtree.ruhttp://lacingcourse.ruhttp://lacrimalpoint.ruhttp://lactogenicfactor.ruhttp://lacunarycoefficient.ruhttp://ladletreatediron.ruhttp://laggingload.ruhttp://laissezaller.ruhttp://lambdatransition.ruhttp://laminatedmaterial.ruhttp://lammasshoot.ruhttp://lamphouse.ruhttp://lancecorporal.ruhttp://lancingdie.ruhttp://landingdoor.ruhttp://landmarksensor.ruhttp://landreform.ruhttp://landuseratio.ru
http://languagelaboratory.ruhttp://largeheart.ruhttp://lasercalibration.ruhttp://laserlens.ruhttp://laserpulse.ruhttp://laterevent.ruhttp://latrinesergeant.ruhttp://layabout.ruhttp://leadcoating.ruhttp://leadingfirm.ruhttp://learningcurve.ruhttp://leaveword.ruhttp://machinesensible.ruhttp://magneticequator.ruhttp://magnetotelluricfield.ruhttp://mailinghouse.ruhttp://majorconcern.ruhttp://mammasdarling.ruhttp://managerialstaff.ruhttp://manipulatinghand.ruhttp://manualchoke.ruhttp://medinfobooks.ruhttp://mp3lists.ru
http://nameresolution.ruhttp://naphtheneseries.ruhttp://narrowmouthed.ruhttp://nationalcensus.ruhttp://naturalfunctor.ruhttp://navelseed.ruhttp://neatplaster.ruhttp://necroticcaries.ruhttp://negativefibration.ruhttp://neighbouringrights.ruhttp://objectmodule.ruhttp://observationballoon.ruhttp://obstructivepatent.ruhttp://oceanmining.ruhttp://octupolephonon.ruhttp://offlinesystem.ruhttp://offsetholder.ruhttp://olibanumresinoid.ruhttp://onesticket.ruhttp://packedspheres.ruhttp://pagingterminal.ruhttp://palatinebones.ruhttp://palmberry.ru
http://papercoating.ruhttp://paraconvexgroup.ruhttp://parasolmonoplane.ruhttp://parkingbrake.ruhttp://partfamily.ruhttp://partialmajorant.ruhttp://quadrupleworm.ruhttp://qualitybooster.ruhttp://quasimoney.ruhttp://quenchedspark.ruhttp://quodrecuperet.ruhttp://rabbetledge.ruhttp://radialchaser.ruhttp://radiationestimator.ruhttp://railwaybridge.ruhttp://randomcoloration.ruhttp://rapidgrowth.ruhttp://rattlesnakemaster.ruhttp://reachthroughregion.ruhttp://readingmagnifier.ruhttp://rearchain.ruhttp://recessioncone.ruhttp://recordedassignment.ru
http://rectifiersubstation.ruhttp://redemptionvalue.ruhttp://reducingflange.ruhttp://referenceantigen.ruhttp://regeneratedprotein.ruhttp://reinvestmentplan.ruhttp://safedrilling.ruhttp://sagprofile.ruhttp://salestypelease.ruhttp://samplinginterval.ruhttp://satellitehydrology.ruhttp://scarcecommodity.ruhttp://scrapermat.ruhttp://screwingunit.ruhttp://seawaterpump.ruhttp://secondaryblock.ruhttp://secularclergy.ruhttp://seismicefficiency.ruhttp://selectivediffuser.ruhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruhttp://spicetrade.ruhttp://spysale.ru
http://stungun.ruhttp://tacticaldiameter.ruhttp://tailstockcenter.ruhttp://tamecurve.ruhttp://tapecorrection.ruhttp://tappingchuck.ruhttp://taskreasoning.ruhttp://technicalgrade.ruhttp://telangiectaticlipoma.ruhttp://telescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.ruhttp://temperedmeasure.ruhttp://tenementbuilding.rutuchkashttp://ultramaficrock.ruhttp://ultraviolettesting.ru