Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm 
Regular

To be honest I have no idea how to pixel i just kinda guessed
Any tips??? :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Wee mN.jpg
Wee mN.jpg [ 2.94 KiB | Viewed 8556 times ]
Solider.jpg
Solider.jpg [ 2.29 KiB | Viewed 8556 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:31 pm 
Submit-Happy

Light source is fucked, really blocky and shaded wrong.

Colours are washed out and used wrong.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:45 pm 
Regular

I know but I have no idea how to do these things that why I posted here to try get some help

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm 
Your best bet is to do a wire frame type outline for the sprite. Then pick a palette and fill it in, with a proper light source and what not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm 
Submit-Happy

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?PHPSESSID=77bc6ba200a5f3dd291c21c9cf0ae4be&topic=3467.0

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 pm 
Knowledgeable

i always chuckle when people ask for pixeling advice on a programming forum. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:07 pm 
RedXIII wrote:
i always chuckle when people ask for pixeling advice on a programming forum. :wink:

There's plenty of people here that pixel. What better place to land a job doing pixel art, than in a game programming community that uses a 2D engine and needs pixel artists?

:P You have a brain, use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 pm 
Knowledgeable

because we're not a pixeling forum.
if he's just starting he should go to a place that specializes in pixeling, such as pixelation that Robin was kind enough to hotlink.

And you're not going to get any jobs on your first attempt. Best to get good and THEN post good things if you're looking to get into the market.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 pm 
He never said he was tryna get a job. Mith, Vans, Rory.. They're all good. And would be able to give great pointers. Makes sense to post it here. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:53 pm 
Knowledgeable

No, but you did.
Perfekt wrote:
What better place to land a job doing pixel art, than in a game programming community that uses a 2D engine and needs pixel artists?

And while we may have 3 or 4 people here who know how to pixel, there are welcoming communities DEDICATED to the process.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:58 pm 
Not all of them places are welcoming to people who don't already know how to pixel. I was using that as an example as to why someone would post pixel art on a forum. God you like to misunderstand.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:00 pm 
Knowledgeable

You just don't like to be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:02 pm 
RedXIII wrote:
You just don't like to be wrong.

I don't mind being wrong. I think you're the one that doesn't like being wrong. I was simply pointing out that I was giving that as an example. It was a very good example as well. I see a lot of people in a lot of programming forums doing just that. It's a great reason to post pixel art on a programming forum meant for games.

But, you can be right. I don't like being wrong. Happy? Now let it drop, go beat off to some 1970's rock band or some shit. W/e it is that you do in your free time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:09 pm 
Knowledgeable

Here is your original reply to my post.
Perfekt wrote:
There's plenty of people here that pixel. What better place to land a job doing pixel art, than in a game programming community that uses a 2D engine and needs pixel artists?

Now, we have seen(by your own omission) that there are actually few here that pixel, as opposed to your plenty belief.
We have also noted that this is a programming forum, and that there are communities built solely for pixeling. And that a very good forum had even been linked, including tutorials on how to pixel.

Then, we moved on to the fact that if you were going to attempt to land a job doing pixel art, you should probibally not send out your first work. It would be more beneficial to send that work to a PIXELING FORUM, where there are many more seasoned pixel artists that can lend advice and critique.

Then you tell me to use my brain, which I obviously did by completely decimating your argument.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm 
RedXIII wrote:
Here is your original reply to my post.
Perfekt wrote:

Now, we have seen(by your own omission) that there are actually few here that pixel, as opposed to your plenty belief.
We have also noted that this is a programming forum, and that there are communities built solely for pixeling. And that a very good forum had even been linked, including tutorials on how to pixel.

Then, we moved on to the fact that if you were going to attempt to land a job doing pixel art, you should probibally not send out your first work. It would be more beneficial to send that work to a PIXELING FORUM, where there are many more seasoned pixel artists that can lend advice and critique.

Then you tell me to use my brain, which I obviously did by completely decimating your argument.

Blah blah blah. I'm wrong, you're right. I stated that in the last post. Let it die already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm 
Knowledgeable

No, because instead of admitting it properly you decided to restate that you were right, but dont care.
Now you may not care, but you were not right.
It's not a good reason. You don't go to a grocery store for home repair because a few of the MANY employees also work as carpenters. You missed the key fact that is was an attempt at pixeling. A first try. He's not trying to get a job as an artist with these pictures, so your argument is ultimately flawed.

Then you try to undermine me because I retorted your argument. I don't like being wrong more than anyone else. But you're forgetting the part where I'm RIGHT. THAT'S the key part, there, Matt.

And don't try to underhand me by saying I jackoff to rock music.
Douche.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm 
Submit-Happy

Ladies, grow up.

Ravuya, just lurk around Pixelation then try again once you get some knowledge on the subject.

Try drawing normally as well, as you won't become good at pixel art without sound knowledge of art theory in general.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]