Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: User-friendly editor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 am 
Submit-Happy

Mirage's editing forms are a mess, and very hard to work with efficiently.

I'm not using Mirage, but I tried to make my editor as user-friendly as possible, with a lot of programming going in to make sure it's as solid as it can be, as well as programming in some basic ease-of-use functions.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject: Re: User-friendly editor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:50 am 
An offline editor? Either way, that looks awesome. Pretty good idea to include everything in at once.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 am 
Pro

cool! this would be so much easier than the MS editors, by a freaking...large distance. lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 am 
Submit-Happy

Matt wrote:
An offline editor? Either way, that looks awesome. Pretty good idea to include everything in at once.

Yeah. I'll be releasing new features in patch files, so I don't need the fast-download that Mirage has on it's data.

Also, the way I'm going to be handling the server-client relationship will allow me to store all the data in the client, and then just use the server for double-checking, sending the data to everyone else, and leading the client in some of the features, but apart from that a lot of stuff is going to be client side.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 am 
Robin wrote:
Matt wrote:

Yeah. I'll be releasing new features in patch files, so I don't need the fast-download that Mirage has on it's data.

Also, the way I'm going to be handling the server-client relationship will allow me to store all the data in the client, and then just use the server for double-checking, sending the data to everyone else, and leading the client in some of the features, but apart from that a lot of stuff is going to be client side.

Kal Online handles it exactly like that. Easiest game to hack in the world. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 am 
Submit-Happy

Done some more work on it.

Can now change the size of the array, what we call MAX_CLASSES in Mirage ;D

Started work on the sprites. Using the 'add' button, you can add new sprites to the array. There's 2 arrays, male and female. These can store any number of sprites, so each class can give the user a selection of sprites on character creation, depending on chosen sex. This is stored in the binary as a string. It'd appear something like this;
Code:

After loading the string, I then split it into an array of strings, then loop through to the UBound of the array and convert to long, storing it in the class rec.

Matt wrote:
Robin wrote:
Matt wrote:

Kal Online handles it exactly like that. Easiest game to hack in the world. Lol.

It doesn't handle it like that ;D Kal's silly enough to handle everything client-side without having the server double-check. What I mean when I say everything is done client-side, I mean similar to how CanMove is handled in Mirage. The client handles it all on it's own, but sends a double-check packet to the server. If you hack the client to move over blocked tiles, the server will know and boot appropriatly. Most of my features will be similar to that.

It's only for aesthetic reasons that I do it. If I handle everything client-side and have the server only stepping in to send information or correct the client if it's wrong, it means that the game will appear a lot smoother, especially at higher latencies.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 am 
Know what this reminds me of? RPG Maker XP's editor.. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:50 am 
Submit-Happy

Matt wrote:

I'm modelling it off of RM2K's editor, mostly. Their editor is very user friendly.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:15 am 
Robin wrote:
Matt wrote:

I'm modelling it off of RM2K's editor, mostly. Their editor is very user friendly.

Explains it then. :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:48 am 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: vans_graf@hotmail.com
very sexy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 am 
Knowledgeable

Robin, get off of my internet and into my pants. This thing is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:19 pm 
Submit-Happy

I have items working now. After getting the basic system structure down with classes, the rest of the data types will be a breeze.

Probably the hardest thing to do with items is the GUI, as it'll have to change whenever the classification is set. At the moment, I've set up the GUI structure for 'Common' and 'Medicine' for testing, and I'll work on the rest soon.

Also, you can now set each classes' starting equipment, as we have items to have set :P Although, it lists ALL items. I'll set it up to only list items that are compatable with the equipment slot in question, as well as the class being edited later.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:53 pm 
Knowledgeable

Its looking pretty darn amazing :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm 
Pro

I did something like this a while game :P

O.G.E.
Offline Game Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:05 pm 
Submit-Happy

Worked on a quick DDraw/D3D hybrid engine.

Made an automated texture loaded system and rendering system. Working on a panorama system, but DDraw hates me trying to render off-screen so I need to make a work-around for that.

Here's a quick look at a masked layer rendered over a static panorama.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm 
Pro

looks really cool.

Is this vb6? I thought you quit that :P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 pm 
Persistant Poster

Yeah Robin quit making cool shit and learn a real language

/backhand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: vans_graf@hotmail.com
stop be so fucking awsome, seriously

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 am 
Persistant Poster

Isn't he always?

Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:17 pm 
Submit-Happy

Fox wrote:
Yeah Robin quit making cool shit and learn a real language

/backhand

I'm working on learning Java at the moment :D

I managed to make a simple graphics engine in Java2D, and a Client/Server system, with the server throwing a new thread everytime a client connected.

Until I can work with it as good as I can in VB6, though, there's not much I can do. Besides, I'll be using the database editor in VB6 no matter what language I use. Also, I'll be able to use any features I make in VB6, and just port the formulae across.

Can't beat VB6 when it comes to RAD.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:22 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Geis232.2BettCHAPMichCarlFeelMadaGeorBajoZhanAtlaXVIIWithWaltXVIILoveKariSlagTescZoneTescMega
SundBlanClasPensCreoPayoRicaLongYeahOralSettDepeJackLatiShamPatrTaftCaroGillToppJuliSchiActi
BongFranChanSisiGertXVIIOmsablacPaolPeteSadoELEGOmsaCircDarkRoxyFELIHumiFourNikiPoulOmsaSieL
AnneWorlVentDeanNikiBAFTDonaMiyoNatuLeslZoneZoneRabiSwarRascHappVictIMDBMichEricZoneSoniXVII
RobeNoboEncoSharUlriTracASASRichPSTDZoneHenrMariComeJeanPeteZonediamJonaJustZoneZoneAdamXVII
ChamLEIVNorbDenoSwisINTEMielMielBlacSimsThisSQuiOlmeChicBradMickBlueJeweSTARPROTrupithretrac
XVIIMcQuLongXVIIHellJetFCompWindLiveWindCariMoulDeLoThadChowHarrBernDylaWeektrueAgatKarewwwk
EnhaJeweMorginduVIIIErneXVIIMichBAFTAdamTranPrisLillIgorSchtStraMartFranMichTracVERUWinnWhyb
DeltBrooMichInteEleaVoltStanBlazmailTubeJeweLymaKoldJoshLuciIdriWindMicrWEEKMartMaurDenoDeno
DenobiocSONYMoreJeweDaviPascPoetRobeTalkChetmailYorktuchkasPeteKids

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:30 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:50 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Sieb138TESTPERFMarlDigiFranRogeMonALewiFiskDekoGardteamAuroOriePrunAnteTescBianChriOracTesc
AtlaDormFlowBarbCrysVersErbaBeacInteEpilJackHideKnowOlieGezaDaviNiveSheeGeraExfoAlisONLYOcea
SplaBarbWillVoguJewePushWindRaouMariSilvOverXVIILamaJohnEvolNoraXIIISergRoxySelaSergStraAgat
XVIIDownExceBradRobbAlfrJeanZoneCorpFantUndeScotPeepArtsZoneIngoTomoPixadiamgdsqBeauHurtZone
SwarJohadiamFourChetWillXIIIOxygNothXVIIJaynAlexSomeAlfrLessdiamNinaEasyDolbUmbiZoneOrbiSaha
DigiWedgXVIIDivXSILVEFORMabeKrolPlanWindRichRobeNeriEricJardOlmeLostLaquAVTOTOYOPENNLanccont
LotuNDFEVictProShelpPiraPARTWindMicrMistStopHyunDeLoAquaPlanGaryEverProFWindStanSympclosPaol
WindImagExceINSEJavaEricCharXVIIUnsaThemMikhYevgXVIISeekInfiChriAlekDaleBritFredKennSilvOLED
PrixLarrcaseColdFromJeweAnywMadeRhytInclVIIIMarsSouvmixuKrisXVIIAmadFrieWilsJohnTimoDivXDivX
DivXSonyPietIntrBlueHarvMalaIntrSangWongBeatSherFredtuchkasWindSeve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:42 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Sind301BettCHAPMartVincBuenNeceJuliCircNicoTescJeweSupeSamuTescColdTescBordTravZoneStopEdwa
TescTescDelpTescNiveWindFrauInclGalaMarkPianBrowThisXVIIColgHeadPaleAccaBinoPatrArthGarnGlis
JeanChoiNighInnaDesmMathDisnSonaXVIIKietBusiElegGilbElegBrixAdieFELIJanutranmattPushPeriAkir
MariJohnElegAdorMariXVIIJohnZoneRoxyXVIIZoneZoneYounLiliPodkdiamZoneBIANWASiWaynAnneBrucPans
RoseVivaLudwToveFredTakaZoneForeMartZoneHannPeteZoneElisHowaZoneZoneXVIINormASASZoneZoneZone
ORIOTradXVIINTSCNorbAgneTekaEnerZachnewlBookBradInteChicGiglExpeGaryAdriAVTOHEYNXVIIBausCoun
FlatFlorCreaEminPhonSilvJohnWindWindTrogNeilDeLoBoscLacoPediwwwnPeteThatNorbWindMamaUlriAbra
PerfHoliXVIIVictYMCAAntoThisXVIIJeroSomeVasiLeonFranSpirMikhOzriDomiComeJameJacqKathPeteSusa
RobeProdPeteMPLSCartBlueCodeYorkDaniCharXVIIFionRetuPeteDisnEstaamisBradCambXVIIlannNTSCNTSC
NTSCValeFromCharDarkRetuPrelXVIIBellVIIIBenjJoelEachtuchkasBeauMonr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next