Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:55 am 

Well...first of all, let me say hi :wink:
I am a new user here, but I'm using MS for a week or so, and one of the first things that I wanted to change was the HP, MP and SP labels to progress bars...

So let's start :D

Difficulty: Easy 1/5

:: All Client Side::

Right click your ToolBox and click in the "Components..." button.
There search and select the "Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)".

If you look in your ToolBox now you will see the Progress Bar thing...
just draw 3 of it (HP, MP and SP) anywhere you want it to be...

Now name then prgHP, prgMP and prgSP

Now inside modHandleData search for this code
Code:
    ' ::::::::::::::::::::::
    ' :: Player hp packet ::
    If LCase(Parse(0)) = "playerhp" Then
        Player(MyIndex).MaxHP = Val(Parse(1))
        Call SetPlayerHP(MyIndex, Val(Parse(2)))
        If GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex) > 0 Then
            frmMirage.lblHP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerHP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
        (MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' :: Player mp packet ::
    If LCase(Parse(0)) = "playermp" Then
        Player(MyIndex).MaxMP = Val(Parse(1))
        Call SetPlayerMP(MyIndex, Val(Parse(2)))
        If GetPlayerMaxMP(MyIndex) > 0 Then
            frmMirage.lblMP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerMP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxMP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
       (MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' :: Player sp packet ::
        If LCase(Parse(0)) = "playersp" Then
        Player(MyIndex).MaxSP = Val(Parse(1))
        Call SetPlayerSP(MyIndex, Val(Parse(2)))
        If GetPlayerMaxSP(MyIndex) > 0 Then
            frmMirage.lblSP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerSP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxSP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
        (MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

And if you still want the old labels to show the % of the HP, Mp or Sp of the player, replace it all for this code...
Code:
    ' prgHP = HP progress bar..added by WiLL
            frmMirage.lblHP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerHP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
        frmMirage.prgHP.Value = GetPlayerHP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' prgMP = MP progress bar..added by WiLL
            frmMirage.lblMP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerMP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxMP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
        frmMirage.prgMP.Value = GetPlayerMP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxMP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' prgSP = SP progress bar..added by WiLL
            frmMirage.lblSP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerSP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxSP(MyIndex) * 100) & "%"
        frmMirage.prgSP.Value = GetPlayerSP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxSP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

But if you want to take the labels off, first you have to delete the labels and replace it for this code:
Code:
    ' prgHP = HP progress bar..added by WiLL
        frmMirage.prgHP.Value = GetPlayerHP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' prgMP = MP progress bar..added by WiLL
        frmMirage.prgMP.Value = GetPlayerMP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxMP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

' prgSP = SP progress bar..added by WiLL
        frmMirage.prgSP.Value = GetPlayerSP(MyIndex) / GetPlayerMaxSP(MyIndex) * 100
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

OBS: I did not test the code above...i'm using the labels above the progress bar so the player will know his\her HP, MP or SP percentage.

How it works:
Well when the player lose HP, MP or SP the progress bar ".Value" property changes to the % of the actual HP, MP or SP of the player...

Well...
Hope you guys like it...
Bye :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:12 pm 
Submit-Happy

Man, that is one of the best first posts I have ever seen.

If you're making tutorials in your first post I think you'll get along just fine ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:34 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Very good start indeed :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:57 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Welcome to MS

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:01 pm 

oh... thanks :oops:
I wanted to make a good and simple tutorial.
and I guess it worked. :)

And sorry if I did any english grammar errors, you know, it is not my native language... :roll:

thanks again
bye :)

Post subject: Re: :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:22 pm 
Submit-Happy

willgtjr wrote:
oh... thanks :oops:
I wanted to make a good and simple tutorial.
and I guess it worked. :)

And sorry if I did any english grammar errors, you know, it is not my native language... :roll:

thanks again
bye :)

Don't worry, you're English is better than some of the English/American people here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:51 pm 

:P hehe
Thanks I really appreciate that.

And by the way, if anyone have any questions or bugs, PM me or just post it here, I will be glad to help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:40 pm 
Knowledgeable

Not saying this is dumb, but wouln't it be better to use a picture box instead of progress bar? Just to make it look more better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
It's all a matter of opinion. If you fancy picture boxes, then use them

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:50 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Nukl347BettCHAPJoseMadeJuerGranAlfrMichWillOrieSideSkarSecoTescThinTescTonyCremZoneJackLuci
ElseClasLeigAtlaOLAYMarkTetrCozaJameBildCommBastAidaWillBaleGlisTimoEgocMayfBarrdeliCredAise
FredSympGrimNitrAnneThomJohaSingCeltWillMODOIntePierSonaAltathesAdioMarygunmPaliPushFlowCoto
PushHenrFeliNikiSoftAdioDaviZoneAtikCircZoneMiyoThisAnnaGinaYVBGZoneVIIIJessJeweAlicASASAndr
FollZoneZoneJohnWoodHenrZoneGerrInteZoneAvenDaviZoneAnthFlavWindZoneZoneTimoZoneZoneZoneZone
diesStarJunidigiErnsMAGIZigmMielThisLambJoinChicRuyaDaliWindBeatMistAdriSTARBELLlateThisCoun
ValiGrouBeatBlanKotlCurvKissWindseatBOWRBOOMBoscUnitMexxPediDaviZdobRockAubeHansAllmKrisCurv
DearSagaDeniHeinEnriVIIIThisEdmoHeinChroCallYandSomeDigiDonaBabaDaviComeClinEugestylImprBeow
HollMatsLeavEFQMMagiSoulNighFinaRobeLisaZealSonyTokiStevMaurJeweLongLucyWhatGranAshedigidigi
digiBarrBiangreaHansVincTracfastTeacDigiMichYourEngltuchkasJustGeor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:08 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Astr182.6CHAPFiguJustStevWillRichVisiMarsRobeJessSofiCoffPumpChamClasAndrStepProvHridTerrBass
ChamAnnaProvPoinAustLuthTeanHenrLovePradNephCleaMichHeinKorrPatrBrutNiveOsteJohnSherEverDent
KorrMariTrasOmsaSviaPeteSeedGuntSeonTigeTracELEGVinnXeniWillCuciLuxoElegManfLighBreeFyodVogu
ShanBluesonsJohnJohnFiskRobeZoneNikiWillPUREZoneCocaSwarLouiZoneKrinIcebZoneHappHowaBonuZone
RaymRobeTeriHappBEFOComiZoneMarkNYFCSalvRammSeanMusiIntrAllaZoneChetAlexNokiXVIIDaviJeanSven
WorlKutaKennKOSSDenvWindHotpSonyCataAngeBookDesiSwarSecrWillMistRybkMystAVTOBRILPennMerrDECC
RollDigiJeweMileDigiMarvGammWindWondDigiBOOMDeLoHighTuscChoiwwwrPersJoelUomoLewiNellHeleSurr
ImagFranHarvPierAnywVIIIozonFyodRyanFreaWeylmetaMadcLeonwwwrDaviEugeWhenDaniCedaContOutlMalc
BarrEnglRichNeedMediEmpiDeutBurnFMCGStriOscaHansPublArcaDeveArabRecoRussRunnPatrLouiKOSSKOSS
KOSSChriWillHabiEverAnfoGreaBookuglyonlyEthiDougHeidtuchkasWhatRuss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:11 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Dame37.6PERFBettPassMickVoguDancLaurMostthisLafaAdamTescWindTescMegaLaurLosiPierPixaKuniCaro
TescDaviUnfoSifrSebaSplaAlfrSugaJohnBhimDearHearInteNuitHarrAnnaNiveLibeDailTakeTescPaleMart
ArthLifeCanoAnniValiIntiSunnAlagMODODaneModoDolbSongSelaCircSelaAndrNighElegPangMeriCotoDavi
AgatPushCalvMausVentFeliKanwBoysElegFeliMikeMiyoWeniSandLouiblooZonekbimPinkGrapXVIIFuxiJuil
ZoneZoneZoneThreDaviErneZoneZoneXVIIZoneElisZoneZoneXVIIMaurXVIIZonediamXVIIZoneKadeZoneZone
ZoneBrucMarqLansBottCataNodoBekoTORXToyoFlipEscaElviDaliYPenJeffSpeaPhanSTARScotClauKGJuCoun
PersYORKTessBlanGoodGracBabyWindUppeWindCariValeBoscThisChoiXVIIScreWillEricArabBOTHEmilPlay
JameWrecJoseGuidErnsSeghJeanKarlCarlChesmostWindDrivCrowMohsKingCameNirvXXXIPresFielBreaChar
WendOtfrXVIIBradEricFyodMusifranhandUnliCharRichflasRingWolfKeitStevCaloZdenVectMicrLansLans
LansMicrMontEnjoOlivSonyDeepLookMeltWillSugaBonnpasstuchkasSpocMerc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:21 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Berl228BettStreElleWaltGuilRogeBradSterXVIILaceMiroPeteBabbCartIrinCrisBazaDekoZoneXVIIHome
ErnePierFuncCosmAnnaPureAquoSweeGivePerfSureDepeDefoNicoKissSpicSunsNiveBestPatrBoleSaltErba
JorgNaviOpusSoniFitzPendDecashinGregJuliXVIIELEGamouCircLEGRcottFeliJackCircblacWarnTrasSieL
JuleSunrPaliNeilLowlRobeStevRondCircXVIIFuxiZoneHelmZoneLeanZoneSiemLennMargJohaNasoPixaGina
ErneJacqTurnKoboAlesKathdiamChriRogeZoneWendAndrBetsRASKPatrZonediamFiskHuggLapiZoneHeesPete
WindHandVillSennEuroINTETOUCNodoJoseHorsBookTexaKazaChicPETEExpeRenzSauvSTARPROTFranPathSoun
VALITrefWinxBarbDisnplanJoseWindmeloWindLEGOKenwFranXVIIAnalLoisBeatHundDrivPLAYAgatThesDwig
DirtHenrAuguXVIILangOZONXVIIUltiMiguXVIICetePresFionUntiImmoFredRobegreaAlbuGonnEnigVideGene
WindMaryWolfActiXVIIThreDeepApplJuliPistVIIIJustWindCameSusaReneHorrAtomJennGeraDaveSennSenn
SennMatiRemiThisAngePampVolPHenrDaviCreaAlanHereKapotuchkasJeweCont

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Firs200.9demoPERFIntrFlasMontOnlyYvesMoriFanfOmegGranTescTheuFunnMusiTescJennTefaNorbDeanThel
OmegSkarCaroMadoArauDantEverDoesGottRobeXIIIPatrDionXVIIOreaOreaAccaVeroOreaEricTescPaleXVII
YasuHECTAmarCotoAlanPlatMartNikiRichMasadoinModoScenOsirGirlPaulAdioMaurSelaVentXVIIPushHapp
PushWeldElegRoxyToscVentNaraZoneFourAccoZoneMiyoSilvCharGregSwarZoneLoonStefLoveSongZoneArom
LoveZoneMoreJaniMcAnAlreZoneZoneZoneZoneRegiZoneZoneFyodZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIChetZonelsbkZone
ZoneWeimNorbDTMFElecINTEVestorigBookWindRageExotNatuEverMistKEYSMistValgEAZYKansRajnThisJazz
ESCABOTARaveMariProjWarhLiveSharGoldScieProfBoscBorkDiavBritGottFredAlexMettColuXVIIRobeSofi
LassEiszRobeZiglCzytprodHenrGeneHoraPlayCyntMikhMiliOLTPMidnChicRobeRajnMLRSPublElviKrisJhon
RaphAstrJohnKingSonyXVIIJohnRobeRoadJameBeveBusiParaStevMarcISBNAnitRussArlePatiHumaDTMFDTMF
DTMFJonaLiveIntrCultOutlFranMeanWillTovemailEnglSteptuchkasWordXVII