Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Something like CTF
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:30 am 

Sonire wrote:
precrid wrote:
I'm a beginner in coding VB6 so if people want to give me hints or just help me a bit I would be thankfull. A tutorial would be nice but i can't ask that much.

The code I posted will probably work if you put it in Sub bltTile, which is in modGameLogic. That is of course assuming that your flags are in your tile set. Did you try the code at all? Or just assume that it wouldn't work because it's untested?

No am going to try but i couldn't try because i did not knew where to put the code.
But after you said it was just a suggestion and that it wouldn't work probaly I did not tried either. But thanks man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:01 pm 

Perfekt wrote:
precrid wrote:
Dave wrote:
Put all of this in modThinkAboutIt

If AddBltFlagsToGameLoop = true then
Goto NextStep
End If
Exit Sub

NextStep:
For each flag in Map
CreateRects
Blt
Next

Okay still not understanding what are you trying to do the only thing yopur doing is getting me confused morethen i already am. Okay using the blt things is right but what after this how to open tile1.bmp and set this sprite and if it hits player change it to another sprite.

Dude.. It's really simple to add. We're not just going to hand you the code. You need to learn to do something on your own. And this is super easy. You say you understand how to do something, but yet you don't. You define the tile type, then where it checks all the other tile types, add a check for the new tile type, and if it is that type, then make it execute the code and what not.

Just copy the rest of the stuff. You'll understand better.

Dave wrote:
The reason we're trying to help you is because we want you to get it working, but we're getting to the point where we're writing it for you.

It's hard for us to give code on a feature that is unique like this one, because we don't have the code available to us.
That means we either need to add the feature to a blank MS and see what we need to do, which is a lot of time and effort that we'd rather spend elsewhere, or make up some code on the spot that probably wont work.

I'm sure you can see the problem with each method.

As for drawing the flags, look at the way Tiles are drawn. There's rec, and rec_pos. Those are both rectangles saying the source and destination. You just need to use the correct source rect to pick which color flag you draw. It measures in pixels so it should be easy to figure them out. Useful constants are PIC_X, PIC_Y (which are both = 32 = Tile Size)

Pretty much copying most of the code from BltTile.

Are this a pro-pro vb6 opinion against eachother or a beginner-pro?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:29 pm 
Dave is better than me. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm not a beginner though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:55 pm 
Submit-Happy

I think he was pointing out that Dave said "Hard" and you said "Easy".

If he was, then Dave was saying it's hard for us to give code, not that it was something hard to program.

We could add this code in 10 minutes or so, but we're not going to add the code to our sources to test it out, then right a tutorial for you because we don't want a feature like this ourselves.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm 

Robin wrote:
I think he was pointing out that Dave said "Hard" and you said "Easy".

If he was, then Dave was saying it's hard for us to give code, not that it was something hard to program.

We could add this code in 10 minutes or so, but we're not going to add the code to our sources to test it out, then right a tutorial for you because we don't want a feature like this ourselves.

It's hard for us to give code on a feature that is unique like this one, because we don't have the code available to us. That means we either need to add the feature to a blank MS and see what we need to do, which is a lot of time and effort that we'd rather spend elsewhere, or make up some code on the spot that probably wont work.
He means it will take a lot of time for him or other people to make a tutorial for me.
If something takes a lot of time then its hard anyway I don't know why a moderator would say such a thing its a REQUEST TUTORIAL FORUM so if you don't wanna help my request and tell me stories about how easy or hard it is then this ain't the right place. I guess i have to be a moderator.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:01 pm 
Knowledgeable

He was giving you suggestions on how to get started on making your own system instead of waiting for someone else to release theirs (which he probably feels that you could've been waiting for a long time). Capture The Flag is a type of addition that is purely-game dependent. It is not likely that someone will add a large, fully completed, detailed system to their game and then even write a tutorial.

The request is made, the suggestions were given; this topic has served its purpose. Locked.
Hopefully someone will come across this topic and write a tutorial for you. =)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2