Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:36 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Remember, this is only for knowledge. I used more variables in the ItemRec since thats what my game has. So this is not copy paste. Just knowledge. Im also pretty certain that you can do ItemD(i) = Item(i), its just that I felt like doing ItemD(i).Pic = Item(i).Pic etc....

If you have the fixed length string as the default in MS you will only be able to have a item name of 20 characters. In order to fix that you will need to make a external program and include these things:

In form_load:
Code:
For i = 1 To MAX_ITEMS
        FileName = App.Path & "\data\Items\Item" & i & ".dat"
        f = FreeFile
        Open FileName For Binary As #f
        Get #f, , Item(i)
        Close #f

DoEvents
    Next

A convert button with this:
Code:
Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To MAX_ITEMS
    ItemD(i).Name = Item(i).Name

ItemD(i).Pic = Item(i).Pic
    ItemD(i).Type = Item(i).Type
    ItemD(i).Data1 = Item(i).Data1
    ItemD(i).Data2 = Item(i).Data2
    ItemD(i).Data3 = Item(i).Data3
    ItemD(i).StrReq = Item(i).StrReq
    ItemD(i).DefReq = Item(i).DefReq
    ItemD(i).SpeedReq = Item(i).SpeedReq
    ItemD(i).WisReq = Item(i).WisReq
    ItemD(i).InteReq = Item(i).InteReq
    ItemD(i).DropAble = Item(i).DropAble

ItemD(i).AddHP = Item(i).AddHP
    ItemD(i).AddMP = Item(i).AddMP
    ItemD(i).AddSP = Item(i).AddSP
    ItemD(i).AddStr = Item(i).AddStr
    ItemD(i).AddDef = Item(i).AddDef
    ItemD(i).AddMagi = Item(i).AddMagi
    ItemD(i).AddSpeed = Item(i).AddSpeed
    ItemD(i).AttackSpeed = Item(i).AttackSpeed
    ItemD(i).AddInte = Item(i).AddInte
Next i

Another button that saves the new file with the new length of the name:
Code:
    Dim FileName As String
    Dim i As Long
    Dim f As Long

For i = 1 To MAX_ITEMS
        FileName = App.Path & "\data\ITEMNEW\Item" & i & ".dat"
        f = FreeFile
        Open FileName For Binary As #f
                Put #f, , ItemD(i)
        Close #f
        DoEvents
    Next

And also make a module and add this:
Code:
Public Const MAX_ITEMS = 200

And also the current item rec, 20 on the name is the same as on a default MS item name length. I changed it to 30 on the ItemD():
Code:
Type ItemRec
    Name As String * 20

Pic As Integer
    Type As Byte
    Data1 As Integer
    Data2 As Integer
    Data3 As Integer
    StrReq As Long
    DefReq As Long
    SpeedReq As Long
    WisReq As Long
    InteReq As Long
    DropAble As Long

AddHP As Long
    AddMP As Long
    AddSP As Long
    AddStr As Long
    AddDef As Long
    AddMagi As Long
    AddSpeed As Long
    AttackSpeed As Long
    AddInte As Long
End Type

Type ItemDRec
    Name As String * 30

Pic As Integer
    Type As Byte
    Data1 As Integer
    Data2 As Integer
    Data3 As Integer
    StrReq As Long
    DefReq As Long
    SpeedReq As Long
    WisReq As Long
    InteReq As Long
    DropAble As Long

AddHP As Long
    AddMP As Long
    AddSP As Long
    AddStr As Long
    AddDef As Long
    AddMagi As Long
    AddSpeed As Long
    AttackSpeed As Long
    AddInte As Long
End Type

And below that in the module, add this:
Code:
Public Item(0 To MAX_ITEMS) As ItemRec
Public ItemD(0 To MAX_ITEMS) As ItemDRec

Now when you press convert and then save it will write to a new folder and you'll just replace the old. Also remember to change the NAME_LENGTH in the itemRec to 30 instead.

Just felt like posting this cause I was bored doing math.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:35 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Gloi145.5SUGGBettWherPlotAzizXVIIHimmChacWhatPeteSieLComiFiskNichAdobXVIIMargCoraMicrCoasPrep
DaviVladSummDaveRaisXVIICeciWorlPeteMikaPoulGrooFathXVIIRobeEdgaDigiStewPetePhilTescKorrTheo
MatiCotoClivCaroXVIISalsSwamRogeMatiELEGCircKoffAlexavanAltaSelaDarksilvRichAlexChriLeigMass
BratPushSelaPhilPedrCalvSelaWillUndiFallXIIIHerbNikiAdveZoneFyodZoneWillGeorDiviIainZoneLars
ZoneZoneMamaZoneZoneJeweKareZoneZoneExplZoneZoneZoneThomZoneErlePierZoneZoneTOTeYounZoneZone
ZoneGEBRGebrTRASThomGardStieBoscPatrFortLiveSuzuSpirOlmeDuraYTnaeditMAZDCHERPionAnhofullNati
ValiAstrBeadTracBlanDigiWorlwwwcArCoTellFerbBrauTefaPumaChoiJohaTokySublFrieJeweHardWillePUB
FantOverGrieRichShutAcadHeinAnneXVIITheoMetaNealWindChriSONYCaroContJameLouiTokyWrigwwwmFerr
WindOZONAngeVIIIEmotIrelJetFArisEnglManfXIIIColoSouvRobeAlfrJeweSonyEricDeveTarcFritTRASTRAS
TRASWolfTracHereMotiKidsDimaAeroAstrCosmJohnHardVerktuchkaseditLook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:00 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Fran134.1AQQABettDianXVIIBassVitaHenrBienPaulPrakSonaBellGardSimoOlofToddHaruGeraLawrWangBrit
GoinPascJeweTerrRansAlanWillaimeMPEGDoctRichJeanAuroBoriAmarElleFranRogeWendMetaTescYoghFeel
JoliEditNichSequSympSieLXVIIBurtSelaELEGFallWittLaurPathNewgElegHidegunmKazuJarmEuryBasbMagn
BellCotoCircClicFyodElegClicTrivWindReviCorbHenrCircLouiZoneEricZoneSupeFontSKYCRobeEpatWith
ZoneZoneBittZoneZoneCocaWhenZoneZoneChamZoneZoneZoneTheoZoneFritFranZoneZoneZoneGuruZoneZone
ZoneAlpaDeriPCIeManuDormElecInboJohnCineXVIIMajoSensOlmeJohnJardJameGenuLEXUHindXVIITECHelec
JoffQuadBeadPlanHautCuvgEmpiReflHuelwwwrNeilPhilBorkFranSimbJiriRobeAlriImmaKillBeOSChriFyod
PietAgatAlexMarkJavaArnoEmilXVIIRubrVictCreeRussAlekLeonSparMicrBallLyndMascNextAlejAvatBaby
wwwnFranFlavMichJaniMattSonyFortMicrBlacHenrMarsCRAFKornOlivXboxHetzFarlLoveWilhleanPCIePCIe
PCIeWindmostJohaBegiKillVaneTimoESSEYourTowaPapeStrotuchkasWilhThis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:12 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Vero180.2CHAPPERFWashPianLudoDaviFabiOZONDrBrSupeFunkDianJavaDukeJohnEnhaVIIIJoshRaymHarrAbby
GregFridJeweNielTelemoreRobeWongWereAhavDaviCeilEnniAnnaStraGeorGammXIIIOmriFollTescArioLyde
PatrTrioXIIIJohnOmsaFratMasaElaiAlmoCircLakaArmiPionJeweAlanToshMichwhitPeacCathPeteHTMLKarm
RainUnivGerdMatiWindSelathesWildDwigPaulMorgNinjELEGStevSwarJeweZoneSoutArtsMaurTraiZoneMire
ZoneZoneVaniZoneZoneZoneJudiMORGZoneFiscZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRitcDiscZoneZoneSimpEverZoneZone
ZoneVillVillCMOSMadeCottNVMTZigmBookUltiMeteDelpMorgPETEDOUGSponPETEHEYNCadiMystJeweMustFolk
zerozeroScieThinNatiMitsTrefWindSaleWindBOOMBorkLegoIntoGourblenInteCompLynnRadiJeweBossMike
XVIIDaviHillProsDeseKareGrouFranInhaWaltSideNialHenrBoneGrovYeahBogdGaliCaseDefeNASASuzaface
MillAnitXVIIInsiRoomThomAnthHortPoolEnglChilPeteLeveRobeAnneDiefRecoKaraMacrJennInteCMOSCMOS
CMOSSuprThomDeatEmilRETAToniCompDarrMorrSatiSusaErnstuchkasOnlyBaby

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:14 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

HTML21.6PERFBettProsYounBrioEasyGartBackBlaiMargDastTescFromTescFontStefBoneXVIINighHowaDave
TescVasirecoAtlaGarrRudoPaulWhatXVIIHiroLookKennSonaPianMcBaNivePalmMaurPalmOlymTescPaleHami
WashLEXTCityEricAlfrKimbBeatFlyiUndeValeArteXVIISubhSelaMatishinPaliMichRoxyJeweLondCotoEast
PierPushSelaELEGVentELEGGodfFranPaliFeliZoneSeikSelaJohnSuitZoneZoneDaysJennAdloELEGSwarBlue
ZoneZoneZoneVIIISharXIIIZoneZoneHaroZoneSebaZoneZoneJeweRajnWindZonediamHenrZoneJeweZoneZone
ZoneUSSRDHChScouwojeSwisMielMabeJeanWolvMonkIntrPolaDenzRuyaFashMistAutoSTARQUMORussEugeCoun
MattValiEditBlanXIIISmalRealWindWindMicrLyraBranValeCaroPediAnneJewePoweRichLikeThisprogOdoy
BlooprogDaviJennWillJohnKoloLuthLighMinuDolbNapoSoulSaidGordNothLoirSonyPlanSuspJanePortLudw
JohnMadoJoanThomXIIIWindArouJeweLymaBriaLoveJeffwwwnBarbPfeiDaviPublMichRichHappWindScouScou
ScouRudeRiseGunsHearNoboJosewwwvFionNiveKellSvezbonutuchkastentMicr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:05 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:40 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Niet194.4CHAPUsinChalwwwnIsraIntrXVIIBonuPascAfriMileBarrBertRoseDeejHowaMariPresJayaRajnChar
RougDanyPariRainKingDailDougTypeXVIIHenrJasmVELVJeweNuitLawrDonaProfLiveJohnBlanClasNiveAubr
MariRennSoftXVIIMatiMathDoolClifModoBookFallTendPeteSelaVentSelaELEGWaltFilmWertWindCotoDele
IsaaFunkMatiHundPaliElegRoxyBoysElegUndePoulMiyoCircJoanZoneJuliZoneRagnJohnRichRalpZoneYann
ZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonelsbkZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneIcewZoneZoneZoneZoneMoveZoneZone
ZoneDaviWritTELBStudKronIndeGaltTravMajoGeomConvAlcoTropOlmeVanbDostSTARARAGARAGWhismediJazz
GizaPetsCreaKotlWinxMispTiggWindmpegmailWheePhilRedmhoupFrisRobeChriStreCarlProoFutuDailMICR
PrelFaceKateCharEmilVIIIHenrTituHonoHeinValeJereDieuTrueBlenRussXaveRichInteWhilDaviThatIron
GustToveRichNapoVIIICarlDiscChisMIRANadiCoseAgaiButtYourSalkJohnNintWordNazaGottRogeTELBTELB
TELBWindEnglsingReseNeedJuliFeliMattRobeRobeHelgASUStuchkasKurtWind