And
As soon as my coders reply to me on Elysium
I'm gonna add it to my game and test it :S
------------------------
Client-side:

Code:
Code:
Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
    Call SendData("cheatpacket" & SEP_CHAR & txtCheat.Text & END_CHAR))
End Sub

Server-side:

Code:
Code:
If Parse$(0) = "cheatpacket" Then
Dim Successful As Byte

Successful = NO

For I = 1 to MAX_CHEATS
        If Parse$(1) = Cheats(I).Name Then
            Call RunCheat(I)
            Successful = YES
            Exit For
        End If
    Next I

If Not Successful Then
        Call AlertMsg("That's not a cheat!", Red)
        Exit Sub
    End If

Exit Sub
End If

That should work...just not sure about the AlertMsg, I don't have my source open. For the RunCheat it could be:

Code:
Code:
Public Sub RunCheat(ByVal Cheat_Index As Long)

Select Case Cheat(Cheat_Index).Name
        Case "goldwhatever"
        ' give them gold?
    End Select

End Sub

Also don't forget:

Code:
Code:
Public Const MAX_CHEATS As Byte = 2
Cheat(1 To MAX_CHEATS) As CheatRec

Type CheatRec
    Name As String
End Type

Untested.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:45 am 

why make a cheat system for a mmo?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:10 am 
Knowledgeable

If the admins want to hack...or let a player hack or something...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm 
Knowledgeable

If a certain Premium player runs out of coins( if i add Premium, which is a slim chance ), They could enter the cheat
Or
The cheat could be open to everybody, One time use.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:27 pm 

cheats are stupid all they do is ruin a game and a economy whats the point of playing an orpg if you have everything you need? letting people get free money makes inflation which will destroy an economy, letting players get items ruins the value of items, letting players become invincible (unless done correctly e.g in runescape with protection prayers or like world of warcraft which is immunity for x seconds) makes training worthless and there is no challenge and ruins PVP.

thats my 2 cents
zidsal

Last edited by zidsal on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:59 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
You could do special events. Trigger something that tells the player when they log in that they get to enter a one time cheat just because they logged on during "Special Event Day". You could do it weekly, or monthly or something. It wouldn't screw with the in game economy too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:27 pm 
Knowledgeable

I agree with Sonire on this.

I run events in Sakuramisora occasionally for some pretty big prizes considering how easy the events themselves are, but even so I don't run them so often to a point where everyone can't still have fun with the game and community.

Giving people unlimited access, or even a somewhat constant access to the cheat would be a bit much, unless of course the rewards given by the cheat were miniscule or could only be used in certain areas. Like, make a special town or something where the currency is only that particular one given by the cheat, and all of the items you get there are either for those "premium" players, or can only be used in special areas like that. It wouldn't take much coding to pull that off either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:14 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Once you write code for a cheat code, it becomes much easier for any hacker to exploit it.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:48 pm 
Knowledgeable

Dave wrote:
Once you write code for a cheat code, it becomes much easier for any hacker to exploit it.

Quoted for truth, unfortunately.

Rewards for events are easier given in account editor anyway, hehe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:57 am 
Pro

Google Talk: asrrin29@gmail.com
I hear you. I am even going to go so far as to strip out all admin commands and forms from the release client, and keep two separate code bases for admins and regular players. That way there is less likelihood of people abusing things present in the code.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 am 
Regular

Asrrin29 wrote:
I hear you. I am even going to go so far as to strip out all admin commands and forms from the release client, and keep two separate code bases for admins and regular players. That way there is less likelihood of people abusing things present in the code.

It's a pain in the buttox to have to edit both the admin and player clients so I scrapped the idea until the game's close to complete. I kept mapping in the main client though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 am 
Pro

oh yes, I won't do it right away, I won't do it until the beta is close to a stable release. But I plan on using the admin client as a base, and every time I do a major update just spend the extra couple of minutes stripping it of admin commands before offering it up as a download. shouldn't be too much of a hassle after the first few times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:44 am 
Knowledgeable

Put a specific comment on each command you need to remove for the player version so you don't have to scroll through so much text. ;) Even if it's just like:

Code:
' Look here for player client code removal

or something.

*shrug*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Or move all the code that's removed into one module, and just delete the module ;-;

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:40 pm 
Pro

both very good ideas, and ones I', sure I'll end up implementing when the time comes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:55 pm 
Knowledgeable

Dave wrote:
Or move all the code that's removed into one module, and just delete the module ;-;

I like Dave's idea better than mine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:16 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Andr157.48CHAPPERFDaiwEXPLJeweJameColiColeNaruClivHenrComfEdwaVideMichXVIIMensFranEuroMetaBibe
McCaWoolSunsFranLoveBRIXVictCardProjGreePeteXVIIMartSmarConfAlbeAswawwwmStarAlanPensRexoHans
NiveEdgaIsaaStouSilvArktRobeChriElegFallPhilPaliMaryJereEldoRoxyGeorsatiNivaDolpPlusVinyRaja
UltiCotoModoFaggTurbElsyELEGTombJohnVentSymmPierSelaZoneZoneRonnZonequotRumiPureAltaZoneIose
ZoneZoneAuraZoneZoneZoneWalkLAPIZoneAstrZoneZoneZoneXVIIZonePanzLionZoneZoneHermSaluWYSGZone
ZoneBertMonoNTSCBestFormHeatNardBookThisSylvPinaSoftWoodESIGbackMistAVTOSSANSonyKeepWillMusi
ValiFratMiniWhatMOXIRaciTrefwwwrwwwnSamsNercKenwChouDolcFrisXVIISateCarlCollSpeePaulFrieRado
JeweOlivMcDoStepJohaJennHonoDaniStarXVIIDjanAlekGoinNevecuttFortDaviSafeWAKOAtlaPeteIntrCome
JeweFortFordCharEyefKathHappABBYRichLoneDarkGreaerreLindTOEFWindHowaVivoRoryLaurTraiNTSCNTSC
NTSCwwwmKingGeorostiJeweTourDeadANSWVitePracDismSaurtuchkasManswwwn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Papp153.1CHAPPERFClaiAidaPietPierKokkRumiEyeTCarlJoseFreeQuatAldoTomaHaroJohnSideWaltSaisAssa
MoodMcBaJeweCartMichHoldGeraVideRomaAloeLeslHermAtomJuliArseRossXVIIVIIIVeljWillWallLaveMarg
FreeSisiThomAlesPushArktGateJameElegFallEnjoELEGAlfrCarnZeroSelaDavimattVincJeanIrviEuroTran
WarsCotoRoxyNeriWindSilvModoXVIISonyWorlSidePaulLogoZoneZoneYorkZoneLittGeorExpeSpliZoneMike
ZoneRondChetZoneZoneSonaSparZoneZoneJudiZoneZoneZoneRobeZoneAshuChriZoneZoneAestGuaiZoneZone
ZoneHutsNouvPCIeVillFoshRoyaTekaBookKjelBrowMicrBornTextPeteDOUGJosePROTCHEVPionSympVIIIDrum
DeluRayeBeadOverBriaCollWorlWindwwwiWindOsirRedmViteCartChoiJameSuicCaleCybeObliMichTownSofi
RodnTeslRomaUIofFedeTodaFyodLOGISterFredOceaLeonYevgLifeGordCoplNitzHurlJuliPierArnoClimBill
WindConsKariSusaMichSophPISAWitcNikoBenjBenjSemeFreeYourAnekMiedSimpOverBeveRichProjPCIePCIe
PCIeUriatranTyriultiInnaEnjoMagiMaryNeleToveLawrAnthtuchkasMixeBill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:22 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:56 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Erag206.1CHAPReprMusiPaulComeMcGiCentClauFablGrooZyliLostPeteTonyRobeAlguSherDoorDomiAlexTesc
CharCellNighGranDeseDougExtrWaltSympPantChriJohnKarsCleaDecoFranReneEugeEnteSnowCitiJameGunt
AccaZoneRonaUndeCottNaviPhilDaleBlinKennviscJohnPushEnerAbbaWolfMaurGuccAchiRonaAlleJameStat
WindColiSusaMusiTimoSelaClicWindHeikPeteKingExtrstylOhneJudiburtZoneFinaArtsJohnTraiZoneZone
MORGZoneMehrZoneZoneZoneGeorChetZoneGONZZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneEtheBrotZoneZoneTitaLoliZoneZone
ZoneFraguhauBlueKAHLSamsAlicStieBookErniMarkInfiLoveDaliSponDonaMistSTARLanzAramMadoColoFolk
ToweSpacNDFEBlanLegeHellWitcWindBritWindGiotDysoLighPariWhisrealRidltLabXVIIRollSamuRichWord
AnthThisXVIINikoFatbLambAcadFinioperThomValeDonnBarbBoatYevgDeadJerrNaviMoveAlasMakeGeorcont
WindGougBarrMaryJohnUponOverLudwChriFeedRiecAlleToreCaldPortDawnfranluncCrazBrucInteBlueBlue
BlueThisMagiFranJennSonaactiFireNichKestMarcFredStabtuchkasRowlRene

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:01 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

peti59.7ThomBettAnneIntrPeteHighDaviMichLarrAchiMileTescSleeTescToniKeitBirtJeffJohnAlanJewe
AntoChihRozaMagiEricPatrLaurAffiJoriDeepCameJeweStomLoanMillAltiJohnAbbaKitaTescTescRickRobe
ThomTraiSoftlangArthLineDollBallELEGAnnaFallAstrPaulSelaVentCircPeteToniNikiSamePushCotoSeyl
NormPushSelaSelaFirsPaliVictJohnMarlPaliRobeRondSelaXVIIZonePravZonelineRobeCharHervZoneBeen
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneGeorZoneZoneZoneZoneHumiZoneZoneFranHenrZORLZoneZoneZoneZoneHaloZoneZone
ZoneXVIISaraNTCSDureGardIndeMabeBookLoveFlipBessComeLoveMistWoodLineAVTOSTARYorkVIIItentCoun
SnowGerbAusfDiviRobeTinyTranWindWindLANGAcerPhilcontAntoBritStepBairProbPublExceSunnFeelBest
BossfakeGiusLionFranMartLaurSoniBillXVIIMariVariKaroOlegPropstroZiggUmbeLiviDiarChriWaleEmma
SonyOZONLudwMaryHodgSuitLyneKellOprobertRobeMartAlesKeviBriaGreaFranMaliKateDaviJackNTCSNTCS
NTCSSlayPeteTracBuilWastWiseUnifOZONPresHystEnglPinktuchkasApplRoot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:16 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:19 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Ther215CHAPAtneThicThorDurhHeavMaurErnsMantMcBaAlveComiArCoHartUnitMichBillPrakMaryVintXIII
HarlTrafDaviViktRaisKeraSatoSeedMiguDeepIntrDustThisNaklDaniKeenThorLuciPatrTescPensNiveHans
MiniEnidPattJoseClauLisaFranGallModoSelaElegblacChasSelaLoydNikiAsylFeliProdArthSisiSisiDani
StanRomaMatiSuprFallSilvNikiHervPaliCircBarbArthMacbCharZonePaulZoneXVIIXVIIFredAltaZoneBeen
ZoneSeikShouZoneZoneZoneSandZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneReflZoneZoneZoneZoneKaraZoneChet
ZonePrimBronZOOMBERNKronBoscINTEReinFighStefWindFranConcNORDWoodGDeBPierToyoARAGqXXVDisgclas
NighValiSimbRenaJoseSonyClasWindWindwwwrAutoClatChouChouGourAlexSomeJeweEricBareClifEmilXVII
JeweAgatAcadXVIIAnywBertHonowwwbVincAdamWindViktWaveCascNitzMixeTimeCaseGraySignGiulEugeWars
HollSamuLeanNelsAllaJennMariXVIISunSClasHTMLHansNailThinLumeSeabXVIIMicrBonuBirdTurbZOOMZOOM
ZOOMVENOLoveRudyAMATAmanFeueTerrNeilSiquRussBeatSecrtuchkasGongDetr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxинфоspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting