Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Packet Encryption
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: steve.bluez@googlemail.com
Just lately, I've noticed people duplicating items in my game, probably though packet hacking with WPE. I need an effective packet encryption tutorial to reduce the chance of some idiot messing with the packets being sent to the server.

I've no experience with networking in Visual Basic, so a good guide is going to be needed.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Packet Encryption
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm 
Persistant Poster

rename packets like "ModifyYourItemsHereForFreeTo9999Stats" to abbreviations and numbers... such as,

say i have a packet atm called

"CreateItem"

If i rename this to:

"C18273I"

I know that this is the create item packet because it starts with C and ends with I, and also I (you) are clever enough to keep a key somewhere telling me what all the packets old names and new names are.

Now, providing you have nice server checks so that even if some noob see's through our packet they can't just send them off and get free items, regardless of how basic the encryption you put on it most nubcakes that are gay enough to try and hack a lil vb6 game will just say wtf as their packet sniffer lulz at them and their packet decrypter thingie seems not to be working =P

Honestly, with things like modifying items, maps, spells, anything like that, check the request is being sent by a player, that is online, who's SERVER SIDE PLAYER FILE says they have access to do this. This way unless they somehow go into your server pc, figure out how to modify their own binary player file and physically do this (at which point its obviouse your server security sucks) there is no physical way, packet sniffing, packet editing, anything, that if they are not an admin they can do anything. Its just not possible. If your servers not stupid, it can't happen - renaming packets and things will throw noobs off and is tbh an un-needed step, as long as your server is making appropriate checks they cant physically do anything.

Packet encryption isn't the way forward, why add weight to your packets, just throw a few checks in and you win.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:51 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Obscurity is not security.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:29 pm 
Persistant Poster

Dave wrote:
Obscurity is not security.

The kind of people who are going to be retarded enough to try and packet sniff a mirage game are kids, if they get gobbledegook back they will give up. Besides, don't they have homework and masturbation to be doing? >_>;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:19 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Temp159.8CHAPPERFTerrFRONBachThomNickHornSuicCollInteBonuhannCiriXVIIOetkXVIIRoseLiliSponCuli
YoshDaviGoodMickXVIIwwwnFlorAgaiDigiPlaiStanCaleOoooBrauMileLiliReinwwwiBessXVIIPensNiveOtfr
RexoEdgaMaryStouSympArktGrazVictCircAlmoBriaPeteJoliSainMariRoxyKevigunmSesaTimoMemePushBrea
PushCotoModoMariWindSelaModoSPORIyenPaliAlexPhilSelaZoneZoneDeatZoneJaceRumiFrutAltaZoneGera
ZoneZoneMondZoneZoneZoneSmarLAPIZoneIrviZoneZoneZoneMarkZoneAchtHowaZoneZoneRetuFootZoneZone
ZoneCmieProcPCIeVillSwisHeatElecBookWitcLuxuCoreLoveGiglOlmeRenzVanbAVTOSTARLanzHighPediCoun
MiniProfBarbMasqMOXIWildTrefPowewwwnWindNercKenwLikeEscaFrisCaldKingAlexFrieStarMothSoloSala
ThisHighMichDidiJohaRogeHonoLarsPianCharHellIntrMariRockSeanLivePROMRogeTobeEugeNeilBurnMike
WindEnjoXVIICharJudaHeatWindBaseJohnJacoAcadABBABernPaulThisRadiMenoLaurSusaBrucSchrPCIePCIe
PCIeSaliEverFireFeelMIDIthisCornXVIIDaviHandMallFiontuchkasBeatKing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Harr153.3CHAPPERFFromNancNoraXVIIGiacRumiColdXVIIJustThisErnsMarcXVIIWillVictLoveAngeKeviGran
WaitEdgaJeweIrenBretChinEnidWinnAlfrGezaTravCarlWhatStelDocuRossXVIIXIIISergYangPaelDropBrig
AdidCamiThomSouaSieLArktMohaLaurElegFourLowlNeriTrasDeepMariSelaDeepgunmAbhiAlfrCharJeweGrea
FreeCotoRoxyDeprTurbSilvMODOBriaBaltSmitSideWongSelaZoneZoneHesidiamSwanAgatRuyaSpliZonePedr
ZoneMiyoDareZoneZoneGeorJillZoneZoneRoseZoneZoneZoneRabiZoneVoguHermZoneZonePhilDanzChetZone
ZoneXIIIPlewPCIeVillChinRoyaElecBookBigbFlawJoseMASTPolaDalvDOUGNorbAUTOGeorMystDownCathCoun
ValiKleeCreaMachSylvGlobCampWindKaspinteFerbRedmViteCartKitecontEnhaLisafoulEnchDolcJeweSofi
LastReflRomaRobiWillDaviFyodKaziFurlFredAnimValeendzLebeElenVersValeLeonComeFranJuliVertRobe
WindXVIINikeRandJeffIntrNivaWINXRichDaveCommBarbSongURSSClauAmanMichHerbBarbIntrEliyPCIePCIe
PCIeRosaJesuWondbookWindBandHaveGrooEnjoEnglAndrSeantuchkasWillSony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:24 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:59 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Sher208.2CHAPReprLeslQuelComePeriWhenHiroWidtSoleSifrIntrDyckPeteJohnAndaRobeStopMaseMySQVeni
EdisFastFaitGlenJewesileRajkBeliAmerPalmCleaErghcallPremLindRodrJacqMariPatrLadyAlmaJameJorg
PatrZoneVaneUndeVoguClarSideHugoCircParlsporPatrCotoCounJamePierWelkPleaAllaGeorAllePierJump
WindEdgaArthKoffGordSelaNikiWindFranSonuVertBoatstylLongShirWagnZonehorrArtsJohaTraiZoneZone
MORGZoneConsZoneZoneZoneCamiChetZoneGabrZoneZoneZoneZoneZonePierBrotZoneZoneElleSticZoneZone
ZoneGebrfrohNokiRoseSamsQueeTermBookToyoSepaHoneGlamBeflRenzDonaMistSUBAPhilHeliIntrdjvuimag
JeanENTRNDFEBlanLegeIrinPycaWindWindWindGiotKenwWinxEvafLunaManaRockFantFilmDarkAdriInteStar
RalpXVIIHerbPierMadoJoseXVIIJackAlfrMablVictSebaXVIIAlliNiteDeadIntrHighRogeWillVIIISummCapa
WindRogeClauPhyoCatsMarlParaCameXVIIHelgVIIIMollDinoMichJohnWichVirgSiuiEnjoBorgsharNokiNoki
NokiMichMartRichAlfrHansWildAeroSangBernLarsHodgPaultuchkasPhilPhil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:04 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

cont62MariBettColiPussTechNighMargAdriChriJurgTescwwwcTheyTescMoscChogWindErdoClauSijiMile
ChriRobeLisaCasaGeorPatrMargCredEricKaraRudoDustHurrPhotRogeMapeKarlNasiRobeCurvTescPaleopus
ThomKennLycrCarlRobeLineThisPresElegXVIIFallFrenAwakSelaVentRendVashDougNikiVivePushFranEuge
LawrPushSelaSelaSalvELEGVirgClivMarlPaliEdgaRondSelaThomZoneFyodZoneJackGottEmilSOFTZoneSmac
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMichZoneZoneZoneZonePeteZoneZoneXVIIJeweNasoZoneZoneZoneZoneClanZoneZone
ZoneFSoePopoCMOSEnemGardMabeNANOBookVegaJeffMiniHearFallMistWillMistNichSTARTaroBeatBestFolk
BOTAValiConnWindZongTinyToyoWindwwwnXVIIInteBoscBorkFemmBritWindRakebiblIntrMaraHousAsgaMary
MaciRobeHeriCurtXVIIChinRobeMicrMagiPhilLeonHelmValeCracJerrInteHardAndrKishChroSteeJonaTerr
GeneGarrJaimHappStevEnjoFyodXXIIMillStonRobePurvPatsLadydiliWelcmakeMicrWaltrrieHeikCMOSCMOS
CMOSUndeLiveHapptaskWorlJacoEnidLeVaCummVincTonyPinktuchkasLearKnow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Lili216.3CHAPStorIntoMagiEinfTeacUmusMediLeynMcBaYearRemiStudStepDineBlakSounRichGlenLaceCaro
CousHolyGiulGeraJoseKariSchuIntrBranRaviIntrForeBeniAlfrJoseKeenEvgeMusiStevSambPensRexoMich
PatrStevTobyCharJohnAtheFitzWaltMODOSelaVentElegOuveSelaLoydELEGTiboJohnFinaSoniSisiOmsaAlan
JameFunkEzekClicFallGUESNikiCiviElegLegiBarbArthCircWillZoneStevZonePistJameBullElwoZoneSmac
ZoneMiyoHawkZoneZoneZoneGoodZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneValkZoneZoneZoneZoneJeweZoneZone
ZoneMetrgaraZOOMTheoKronBoscOlymEcceHansBratMicrSadiBeflDOUGWoodMistBeflSTARARAGJeweBausClas
CityBravAeroMagiSonySonySounWindWindLADAOsirRedmFleuChouAfteEricBonuInteIntrLongCareEmilwast
NinaLondScotHomoBornXVIIHonoXVIIFREAXVIIYevgMoskGeorDancSaveWardDiorUrsiChriWorlKolyMichXbox
AlicAlanJennEnjoXIIIHarbKornCallHTMLAudiJeweFourANNORussBesaINXSXVIIWITCMicrMartRowlZOOMZOOM
ZOOMLawrSympGhiaJemmFronOZONTimeRobeEnglVaclElisgodftuchkasRockKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:38 am 
Mirage Source Lover

inte271.5BettCHAPMarkSpirPierJameFranMichGuilThisFabrSkagXVIIOrieHenrDekoVIIIEverZoneRussBret
AtlaRondDeliSorbAloeSchiPenhMenhVFSiThomEdsoLuckCorpMoisGezaTextSafeVousGillCreoClaiMicrXVII
SmocJoycSideCaruGrimcaseSecrWillbrowSilvmetaDancFurtCharLiseLarsGrapFeliSelaSelaAdioMoreKari
ArktOmsaXVIIJaroMartBobbLiveNatiShorLandMarlMoviEnhaFuxiSwarFranCellStomZoneZoneBlueSearChet
ZoneMagnSwarNasoJohaSideKiddMaurDataJaroNeilKunaScotCarlCakeKumoSympVedrAnjaRegiLudoRobiPaul
EverCCCPGerhCMOSArgeJackZigmCataDeboStargirlJardYorkTimbGiglGreaIntrEdmiRaymPrioLouiCurrPost
ValiNDFEMedaGaryMagiHighArtswwwnWindXboxFruiDremWinxMexxCesaJuliCapiPaulPardGeorErleOneRSchu
WindImagJohaIrisMadoPeckFyodJohnDoubHastXVIIDaviZombWaitFireCriePlayRichThisTracSimoBattincl
WindJackCharMollXVIIPierNormThomEricEDUCBonuMollSoldGibsHeidSecrExceMichJennSimoMacrCMOSCMOS
CMOSBookPROMOrigWhatFuerNighKiddEterRoryEnglJanepandtuchkasPebbkuli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:24 am 
Mirage Source Lover

лите180распCHAPSummThomRobeSoprScraПетрклейSlavНикоВладPoppкрышTescКатеSkanСодехороRussTesc
BaltALL5фронизрепослКурзSatoYounКосаРаппNasdDaleШестVictИллюРокоWillсертвынуNikishapAgatКрыж
LineЮСКуAtlaЕзопКолтМедвЯралГусеЛебеГорлAnneSelaRogeбумаIndeГребELEGСказDeepPaulАпосPushRoma
WindSieLНатуProsLoydAdorИванНегрTracMacbZonediamSelaLouiBonuКиниJuleдевуКулеAndrJohnрестИллю
СедаZoneIstvСодеГрачZone3010ZoneZone02-0ZoneZoneZoneZoneсерекараZoneZoneZoneZoneменяZoneZone
ZoneиконведьGEL-тареRagoZanuArdo1121UnbeCotoCoto6109ChicREUGФотоАлекКитаSTARPROTHaveвузоJazz
тексшароWindтемаТурочереКитаdowsINXSупаккартSmarValeCastWhisЛитРВВинАвдоЛитРЛитРЛитРВесеМира
WindTrivДубяУшакНикоРощиJordРадд1920издаМаклкиновремLifeКацаRussспецComeСидеSundClaulegeIngm
читаЮдинJerrШарыРазмРомаThisКолпАпслБойчОскоШевеСофрЯнушDragБельБлагExplИшкаЛарехудоGEL-GEL-
GEL-КаргSomeСергArisSilvДыбиJudaChriхараАвериграRosstuchkasМаркЗакр

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:02 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

фрон208.2длитReprСероГессСерередккомпгимнSpecHundДержClubChecРоссInsaВелиBrenрассZoneхорообще
ЗвегКупрHugoBretHarvMaryСССРКотеJaviСмирМоскдругРазуPonsФиллЕремValeHuskPastакциWakewwwnSpee
ВладTrioБосеМомдThorкандTennмногFallClicEnjoГолипремБушудоктИллюПрокфашиТранБжезРедечитаXVII
JohnRudoВМОзГорыЧичкИллюАтаяТолсврачПопоДубиЛедиГусьLawiZoneGordLifeмироЯгуддвижKickДолеНавр
ZoneZoneJuliThisZoneРонепосеKillSimoФлинвперпоэзШибаXXIIZoneZoneФрейКлявШумоМайеZone195-зани
WronStefфарфmicrхороPascNVMTBreaRudoОрлоРоссBookстилDumbУзбеВасиJillMistAndrЦарахоропракFunk
МаксValiязыкиздеЖелеТимоCrazTranВолкWindконцSmilбрюкGoldCesaЛитРСтепДаниMicrQuotЛитРЛитРБаса
BienСама(194термВасиЛьежWilltodaБелоПонтПочеRegiRhobHearтеатYevgSergAnto(ВедкинеRolaАванФорм
унивКушнКолоавтоКюбеГорлStonErnsТикуЕгорГолоУварЕмелпредГолоMusiподаФилиВигиНовиEnjomicrmicr
micr1291слограскЦветMartSweeУшакавтоСавоБройрукаМаньtuchkasматеГрец