Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:06 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Firstly, what is Mirage Source? Mirage Source is a ORPG Engine programmed in Visual Basic 6.0. In order to make best use of Mirage Source, you'll need a copy of Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, here after referred to as "VB6".

VB6 will allow you to edit the source code, and compile it into a .exe application for other people to use. VB6 is considered "abandon ware" but we'll take no requests as to ware to download VB6 with bit-torrent or P2P sharing program, or any otherwise illegal methods of obtaining VB6. So, go to eBay.com or Amazon.com and purchase a new or used copy if you don't already own VB6.

Back to Mirage Source; Mirage consists of source code for two stand alone applications, a client, and a server. The client is the application that you will distribute to other players so that they can play your game. The server is the application that you'll run, from which the client connects to.

Changing The IP Address
Lets start by finding out your IP address. If your on a Local Area Network, you'll have to go to http://www.whatismyip.com to find you ip address. If not you could just type "ipconfig" into the command prompt.

Now that you've got your IP address, open up the client side project. Now open modConstants. The first thing you will see is this:
Code:
' Winsock globals
Public Const GAME_IP = "127.0.0.1"
Public Const GAME_PORT = 7000

Basically, just change "127.0.0.1" to the IP address given to you by whatismyip.com or by the command prompt. If you're only testing your client, you can just keep 127.0.0.1 as your IP address, as that's your local address. You will need to change the IP to your actual IP if and when you wish distribute your client.

Connection Errors, and Port Fowarding
If you experience server down errors, and you've changed the IP address that the Client uses, it's most likely due to 1 of 2 things. The first and easiest is check to make sure Windows Firewall (or some third party firewall) isn't blocking the program. If your firewall is allowing the client and server to communicate, then you probably have a router. You need to access your router control panel (usually done by typing your lan address into your browser). Once you access the router control panel, you need to find the section for port forwarding (my personal router's port forwarding is under a link called "Access and Gaming"). Forward the port that your game will be using. The default port is 7000, so that's the port you should use, unless you changed it in the code (client and server side changes need to be made to change your port).

The Client in a Nutshell
___*modClientTCP - Communicates packets with the server.
___*modConstants - Contains public Constants used be the client.
___*modDataBase - Loads and Saves maps used by the client.
___*modDeclares - Contains Declarations
___*modDirectX - Loads Surfaces into your game screen.
___*modGameLogic - Game Logic?
___*modGlobals - Public Variables used by Client
___*modHandleData - Handles packets sent from the server.
___*modSound - Handles music and sound effects.
___*modText - Formats text used in client.
___*modTypes - Contains Types

The Server in a Nutshell
___*modServerTCP - Communicates packets with the server.
___*modConstants - Contains public Constants used be the server.
___*modDataBase - Loads and Saves maps, items, spells, shops, npcs, accounts, and classes.
___*modDeclares - Contains Declarations
___*modGenerals - General Server "Things"
___*modGameLogic - Game Logic?
___*modGlobals - Public Variables used by Client
___*modHandleData - Handles packets sent from the client
___*modText - Formats text sent to the client.
___*modTypes - Contains Types

That's it for now.

Community Leaders, and Mirage Source veterans, please contribute. Quote this, and make any changes you feel need be made, and reply. This is a nice skeleton of a what could be a pretty good guide for starters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:58 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Topic Bump, just to let you guys know that I finally updated this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:47 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Very nice indeed, now we have something to redirect newcomers to :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:51 am 
Pro

you guys might need to update this some of these modules are not there any more and there are some new ones now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:54 am 
Knowledgeable

MSE1 still prevails!

yeah, this was made for MSE1...so, yeah...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:58 am 

modConstants my client side dont have those folders do i just make them in the client folder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:29 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Do you mean the folders listed in modConstants for housing the data files and such?

They will be created automatically upon server startup... if I know what folders you're talking about...?

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 am 

Oh ok can you tell me how to do server start up?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:27 am 
Community Leader

double click the EXE

Or click the "Play" button in VB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:27 pm 
Knowledgeable

f5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:17 pm 

ok I got all my folders but when i try to run i get run time errors and compile errors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 pm 
Knowledgeable

Did you extract it properly? Did you install vb properly?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 pm 

yeah i just dont know how to start up game so i can edit stuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:43 am 
Community Leader

I would recommend going to a premade game creator like Playerworlds to get the feel for it. Once you're familiar using Playerworlds, Mirage source is a lot easier to work with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:40 am 

ok you've helped alot thank you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:59 am 

Is it only for me or can I send it to my friends to play it to?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:55 am 
Community Leader

What, playerworlds? You'll have better luck asking questions on their forum. You can set it up so others can play it with you, but there is some configuration to do (mainly your router). They can help you do it there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:57 pm 

Ok thank you agin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:54 am 
Mirage Source Lover

igua174.1CHAPPERFIdriMassWirdRossCharUSNIDisnGettClifShinJohnDjanProsSpecPhilAndrFritXVIILian
OtelGilbCaraWangWritrareArthCafeDiamMSETXVIIWorlPugnEsteGeorEricAlexientBillOlafTescMotoArth
PatrMemoCharClaiOmsaMariXVIIXVIIFourCircLakaDiscConsPHAZGeorNobeArthshinPeteFranBrucFirsShin
UnreJoliXVIISlikWindSelaSTRECrysWensXVIIPaweGoodELEGBedsKrieTigeZoneCityGaiuAlicMistZoneNath
ZoneZoneDehyZoneZoneZoneLoisdiamlsbkLeilZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneAsnePierZoneZoneDawnOrdiZoneZone
ZoneCCCPBetwSonyXVIICottElecMielWindCotoMistExtrAdriAleisterPARKrigiSTARCADIMystLEOPMayoFolk
ValiValiEditIrwiGracDinoTrefWindWindWindGiotDeLoBarbCaprGourspeeUndeThisInstHootTrioBlueSmit
XVIISpeaJoseInneEmilXVIIEdwaManaAcadJohnSoreXVIIAbraPublKatjWindWillChriRichFligSuitCurrPara
DrivWindJohaNortGillDaniJameWindXVIIChamJohnAgaiReinIrenXVIIBetwRussTrenVirgFlasBusiSonySony
SonyEnglRobeDaviMartGarySupeAlicXVIIDianPeteDaviJametuchkasJameOZON

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:20 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Zest163.6CHAPPERFAnneIGGYTireAntoGeorAndriMPAMarcNichEnhaBrisPictRadcRoseGeraWillHansIMAXOlga
ConrXVIINighSigmRogeMicrXVIIRobeSideCitrGeraDigiAllmSensEsseMoniTripSavoNiveOetkCuliMatiArth
SchiGijsRockYvesJohaRegaWestAlleCircNazcFallHydrAlleChetMillOgioLemogunmSecrPersJohnCamiDigi
PushCotoNikiAcadWindWeniNikiWindGregVentIdriAlaiSelaZoneZoneDigiZoneIcebBenoJeweAdioZoneJoha
ZoneZoneTrenZoneZoneZoneBubcZoneZoneWindZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneKnutKeseZoneZonejinnCentZoneZone
ZoneEcarTachTILTWakiChinSamsZanuWindBOOMDisnWhenPostWWElCoasMWUnMistSTARdiliLanzPENNEsseCoun
ValiMickTrefHautBRATArmaMagnWindWindwwwrPartMoulhappTropFrisReprNoctdeepLadyTrouHoptJeweEsca
XVIIRockAlphJackGatoKareHenrHandPolsInstAdamsexcHighPeddgrowombrInteBattJiddRammDaviRagaAnim
WindFinoJaneKingRemeHeatMoirLastToyoBeatXboxWordThisDolbBurrXVIIDisnFataKatiAndyAudiTILTTILT
TILTScreAntoBlueJellwwwbDolbshocXVIIWITCElviLynnCometuchkasSataFull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:48 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:36 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Zahi254.8CHAPCHAPMarkRailJeweGeorJeffFedeFanfAlfrTescSummPetrDarvResuRaspCafeDaviPlewClifChoc
EckeMartXVIIBuraAndyJohnCeciMeisScenJeweNervSufiBudsRexoHermHonoBrotGillPatrTeleCathAlinAndr
MaybZoneMcDecontAmarBouqPushSpinSquaPollPokeCharEtniSahaXVIIChriXVIIElegXVIIWestAlleMaurVall
wwwrRichHarrsizeContCircMatiSporXVIICircIrviWindMomoGetrLAPIGlenGyulHowaArtsAndrMacbZoneArts
BerlZonePerlZoneZoneZoneXVIIASASZoneDrunZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMariGravZoneZoneDolbstarZoneZone
ZoneBonhcrysBioVTobiPLQAStieMiniBookTogeBriaWindPETETimeSwarWoodZENIRingProlBlueAlaiColotrac
KarmValiEditNewlBabyLEGODogzTeacWindWindLoveSmilChouStilRoyaEconLeatBrisAmanPrezJuliTalcTile
XVIIStunAlanIrisWindXVIIValeJeanNinoAcadWillViceXVIIWindSomeWhatImagJerzYorkDaniStepThisVikt
WindApplUshaDickLazaRyanEtheFranPapeMarkPixiDreaStevSharKrisCourSpraStevSummWeynGeraBioVBioV
BioVanciLikeRobeRossHealJeweFeliWinnRowlwwwbXVIIMarktuchkasBlueDoug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

voud92.6ThesBettThomXXIIMotoRestManlMichRaouXVIIAlveAlbeAlbeBianMultEricMissOrlaChinFranOpti
NessLeonGiulAtlaXVIICredAdriRomaJackAdobTheoXVIIElliMechXVIINiveLiviMariPierOrieTessTimoChri
GrimErneMarvRexaWilhSandBillHenrELEGCircElegWereShitthesPetemattRobeJameDaviMilaXVIIRegaPaul
INCODotsCircSelaCircPaliPierJuliRandFeliLuizArthSelaJoseZoneHenrZoneVertWellThomOsirZoneSeed
ZoneZoneAsiaZoneZoneIrviCraiZoneZoneXVIIHenrZoneZoneBombZoneRobeZoneZoneZoneZoneEllaZoneZone
ZoneFragSchaTRASBuisPhilBoscZanuScarToloDaniMistAlcoDumbRenzMistSponManaCADIRigaFachGuidJapa
VillDilaEducSoutAnilDialMumiWindWindWindClasRedmBoscEscaChowOffiCapiWindXVIIFielLifeAgatMich
BeteTakeKnutMcKiWithDeutEmilWillPonyHeinDigiMikhHeavLookVictJeweSagaMallAmanNichMCSECompDavi
SpeeJackJennRolfXVIIThirWindWindCramDaviBonuRobiXVIIBryaInteecilJanePanaIntrRoamRudyTRASTRAS
TRASwwwaLexiFunkThisIronDavicoupCindIntrAerohousNguytuchkasWillAnot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:57 am 
Mirage Source Lover

From238.3BettCHAPPassFeelIntrNaugRadiCashVotkBarrElecLuluShowKasiFontToddSentOdenZoneSympSupe
NikoSonaRichFreeYestJaneCeciLoreBreaRandIntrJudiErotDaviErneMaurFranHorsMariTescCeylGammArth
NiveFrieAndrLindJuliXVIIGustRogeAbsuSelaFourDaveSidethesLoydRoxyIndeRichVincBillYMAATituMich
MadeVoguAdioLogiFallWeniCatwValeJustOsirTaxiXVIISelaZoneZoneJeweGyulSamuSeymKarlShibZoneSeed
ZoneZoneMikeZoneZoneZoneRichMORGZoneLinuZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneEchoZoneChetZoneZoneSwarZoneZone
ZoneXXIIAnnoMPEGAJKrBistPratOlivWindMargJoseAdricellGoldMWUnStayPoweDeviPEUGPionEnglManaFLAC
ImagTrapEditCrazMitsCamePuzzWindWindWindGullValeChouPlayIamsJainQuaiStreRichZimbAgatRichwwwl
StuaCommMarsMargLibrCharEdwaCharBillBenemostMellHartVariAlbrIntrMPEGAngeTurnNetwPastHumaCall
PatrExceMcKiWilsOrenMarsEdgaBillEnroBegiWindAssaFinaJohnDrWeEdwaSidePuncLaurAlisAdobMPEGMPEG
MPEGMoveViewDereHaveClouAlfaCanohaveNeilHansMidnChrituchkasBhagXVII

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:56 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Mans278.7BettCHAPUmesWoulJameFutuValeCharThomProaEileLaceXVIIOrieAsmuSempClaiBlacZoneAlleFran
AtlaTescWallElseErbaSchiKiriDigiCaroErnsDereSantXVIINiveBrauRepoPantPretEpilMatiIntrJohnHome
BluePictLongHerbAmarRataWindIsabELEGbrowviscHenrLinkMortReidcorrElisFELISelaSelaBlacScriArri
ElkaSataLaurGeorMusaBritPuzzFranDaniZdenBobcNikoGeysdiamFuxiJeroUnivBikeMiyoZonePeteVargZone
SwarAlleSwarRondCreeDuncMichMichJuliHenrVictIronVirgNokiViveEtheScotPeteCokyJeweAnneBarbDell
AntiJuliPlewCMOSWedgJeweSiemCataWorlBabyBookParaPETEProlLeifLoveDalvValgwwwbIntoDiscTECHBlue
ValiEducEditAnimHautScraMicrWindPinnWindLEGODremChouPretTrioQuarOppoPaulRichStanNecrLastEvil
FridCitiOZONIsaaTetsFritFyodMathGlobDataPrusPlacBlacSpirBriaCLIPIntrRaksNormPhotChriRajnLike
JeweKellfictXVIIAuraCathOtfrFinaJeweBriaPeteModeKaneDolbXVIIDolmMenoBrigWEEKFreaDonaCMOSCMOS
CMOSJuliJeweMGMTWhenAnfoCathHAPPRobeXVIIThomStraClautuchkasUploMits