Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SavePlayer Faster
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:44 pm 
Pro

Originally posted by Dragoons Master

Very simple tutorial. I was testing my server on a P2(455Mhz) and it was veery lagued, but thats not the point. When I tried to create an account from my website account creation, it taked sooo long creating it, so I maded a veeery simple modification, and now it creates the account praticly instantly.
It just saves the player you are using(PlayerNum), so do this:
ONLY SERVER SIDE

modDatabase:
Sub SavePlayer:
Replace:

Code:
    For I = 1 To MAX_CHARS

with:

Code:
    For I = 1 To MAX_CHARS
        If Player(Index).CharNum = I Then

and replace:

Code:
Next I

with:

Code:
        End If
    Next I

This will make the server saves only the char you had played, and on the account creation, it will save only the account information(3 or 4 lines) xD
Simple and usefull.

Post subject: Re: SavePlayer Faster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:10 pm 
Persistant Poster

Any side affects to this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:32 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Without it, it will save all your characters although you are only online with one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:03 pm 
Persistant Poster

ooh, simple but meaningful fix - thankies 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:10 pm 
Submit-Happy

Link it in with HighIndex and you'll only have to save 5 players a time ;)

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 am 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Note, this makes you unable to delete chars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
I don't see why it would... Maybe it does, but that's fixable with a check or two im sure.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:36 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I can still delete my chars, maybe I did something to fix it dunno.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:35 am 
I can still delete my characters too. I THINK there may have been an issue with it, but I added this so long ago, I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 pm 
Submit-Happy

I thought there was a problem with deleting characters anyway...

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:33 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
When you delete a char, it clears the char, setting everythingk.. blank.

Then it calls save player.
So that it saves the blank data over the old data.

But with this, I was unable to do that, because it checks if the char is being used.
And in a menu, it's not being used.

So it says that you have no currently playing chars, and skips the whole save.
Me and SMChronos had the error.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:59 pm 
Persistant Poster

Fix?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:04 pm 
Knowledgeable

Fox wrote:
Fix?

I use this:
Code:
Sub SavePlayer(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal cNum as Byte)
Dim FileName As String
Dim n As Long

cNum = int(cNum)
    FileName = App.Path & "\accounts\" & Trim(Player(Index).Login) & ".ini"

Call PutVar(FileName, "CHAR" & cNum, "Name", Trim(Player(Index).Char(cNum).Name))
    Call PutVar(FileName, "CHAR" & cNum, "Class", STR(Player(Index).Char(cNum).Class))
    Call PutVar(FileName, "CHAR" & cNum, "Sex", STR(Player(Index).Char(cNum).Sex))

End Sub

Code:
Call SavePlayer(Index, CharNum)

Just the way I do it, =P. May not be the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:32 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ192.3BettrotaRevoTellWillDiCiAllaKathMySQCheeMeanSchoKielAlexInveAtlaMetaLennXIIIRobeXVII
GeneEileTescMaryHewiEsseDoctRoutPierXVIIXVIIHoteElkaSupeOpalKimbMakiBrunScotWindMoreMundSuns
EugeStuaSchwJuliTakeMikaBriaXVIIJohnRougblacRabiThatEustXVIILuciKareCircXVIIThomErviBrowJewe
StooDimaXVIIWrotVictNormSelaDougAmitXVIIDaviImagCyprZoneFuxiGautCallcoolZoneZoneBlacTrisFuxi
ArtsAlbeArtsDereZoneZoneViniJameZoneIsabZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWillZoneZoneCravGoreKeepKarl
ZoneXVIIgaraHarmmadeBrigSamsCataBookLaurGeomYongCrocPolaSwarDinaMistSQuiaudiARAGAlbeUroWCelt
CleaHasbEducEvanCigaCrazWarhWindWindQuicBittRedmChouBossWhisRowaBettThisKeviOverFireOZONPubl
FridMichVIIIArisClauhepaAmonHonoAcadCharSchrGrahJockOksaBernFadewwwtPlayWilhInteFleeBrynGior
StewWillPhilLiveArCoorigWelcNickDeepStriArchGracXVIIEleaAlanThirWindWindSallMarlKrusHarmHarm
HarmGeieCharPhilmagiEnglwwwkNatsGilbBriamoseTovePlaytuchkasStevAstr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:52 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ181.9BettnumbStopJeweXVIIHerbRemiGeraHarrWarsChamJackXVIIAAliPensClasGelsStonJohnLyonJoha
EmilFionCanbJaneThisAfroRobeXVIIHenrBonuNickPrelJesuPatrYachAlanJohnDiadCharTunnJustKaprKiss
JacqNapoWindDolbOpenVictWindFranIncrWillTengSeymJazzJuniAvenFranJameCollroldMezrCollEmilAire
AaviDiamXVIITheoBrenBarbSelaShanShorWindCeltPostMODOZoneRHZNJohnXIIIDeliFuxiZoneSiouXVIISwar
FuxiJohndiamTramZoneZoneAudrZoneZonePataZoneZoneZoneZoneMiyoMiguExceZoneZonePianXVIIhaveMike
ZonetronMiloEpluDreyKronSamsCataWindQIDDFrerLinuRichJardPolaMWHoKantEnouBlueWindCatemedifolk
PearHappCreaMarkNotePandAutoWindWindWindLEGOPhilfrieLolaFrisWindStevInstIntrLaurCareElegVIII
wwwnGuntDreaXVIIStefRichHenrEmillibrCharCursAlexMichWantBrowGeorClasSiciJohnInteFedeOutkfoam
FarrMilePeteEnglBrotMiloNeedWindRobeXXIIMoscTraiVincPhilSilbDocuWindWindBallSinsKateEpluEplu
EpluWindANSICaroFounSiemSwanRammRudoTotaCommGittfrantuchkasBlueRotr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:01 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ241.5BettCHAPRebeChelSusaGammAutoXVIIFidoDekoCathAfteOrieElseFlorOZONVienDaviZoneJameTesc
HarrStouTescKeitLastNatuDigiJeweJoyrArgiClydOtheXIIIAquoAhavOuveFranCafeAlwiPeteOcteHannIntr
BrilJohnOrogCottNaviCotoMornCollshinIrviviscOsirAaroMikeRogeJeanCarnneveGustHeleAisaPierAgat
SainwwwnJeanHeroTerrDisnAbsuZhuoPablAnciUNIXWindBeliFindERINTeddNitzIsidGlamZonePostElizZone
diamZoneZoneHearFeelZoneEnzoKillZoneSoftZoneZoneFrieZoneVeneSaufHyeoEvilNasoDonoZoneEmpaIsaa
ZoneMadeSaraFlasMollSmarNordndasBookWindNatiHerbPlanOlmeChicHighGiglJacoProlARAGclasMicrElec
ButtFantTrefKotlLiPoKingwwwrMetaWindWindOnlyBoscWinxJuliWhisJeweGWCYKonrWorlXVIIHingWilbTele
BratSTORXVIIFranXVIIHamdJameMercfutuAlleVadiShafoderBoysLittMichHandJohnGuesDougHelmJeandoom
HansKerrTitoNicoJoseRickRiseDomiDaviJeweTerrFionDigiRalfRainJeweLongKathTimeFamiAlleFlasFlas
FlasDarrwwwbBridSmalSunnEditBlacJoshAndaDarkNighEngltuchkasDaviPrel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:11 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Harr198.5INTRReprXVIIUndiComoJuliBarbXIIIKillPianKateDagaFeliHowaRohmJeweTesctapaXVIIGeorTesc
XVIIAgusBabyXVIIBoshBernRobeFranPalhTricItalKrisLoveRicaWWWRdeciHeavKresTeamThomGunaTadeSelz
AccaMafiMartParkCottCotoTennAlisQuikAdioAlisYangMariTuraMaxwChriHowaRoxyVincAlexCaprLycrLaur
wwwaPierDashtraiTurnNikiNikiStreORACBarrVidaRidlthesDschMariCarmNHRBBlueArtsSergTraiZoneLope
ZoneZoneAmicZoneZoneZoneCollChetZoneJeweZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneShieDonnZoneZoneFritSideZoneZone
ZoneJeffKrupBlueCopeINTEFANTElecBookCASEScarSafeSQuiOlivRenzVanbPoweSTARCERAMystLatvUSMLGyps
WindMEREJoseHarrLambBabySnopWindWindMicrAquaBoscLighSmokIamshaveFranXVIIManiRamoXVIIHeraGods
XVIIDesiexecThorJeweAlbePalpCapeEditCharXVIIRichJeweMikhVillOZONTenneastAndrBabyThieStubDavi
HenrCapoMichWritFairAlicCrazJewemailwwwaSureRudyLeitBillHummVivaPernMoneJackSusaAlanBlueBlue
BlueYourHesbPaulSilvHansMuleGillGeroWilhMartMaddRefltuchkasPhotDire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:58 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Kare371.1BettBettBradPlanLudoSimoBasiColeKeikZalmClasConcLinuAndrAdamVeraLeslCarlReacWillAlet
NatuGlobNatuYukoPlayOZONRobeEricSideJardXVIIYannAmorCreaGreaGiusRhapFyodXVIIIntrFirsOrsoSchi
PaulZoneWorkJeroVoguJeweMaryTeneCircMichRatcPfizFilmGioaRossUlriPablavanCrasAlexVoixJameTran
MagnNielHarrGabrTurnPaliNikiLuxoGustCircVertWindMatiGospFranCravJuanSupeArtsSergBlacThomAndr
IrenRickMultPeteZoneZoneShanMargZoneChriZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIGeniZoneZoneTitaComeZoneZone
ZoneJeanTiffDenoLeadShagArdoMIELTuttSmelMarcBookPolaBillFiesseptMistMattSOULCHEVXboxfistClas
CleaPearPinnKeitTapiPuzzWorlwwwrXVIIMagiLegoBoscBrauClorSimbWindEasiMicrNokiFranLausJeweHall
RomeGreeOsteDIDOXVIIJoseLongHenrStylAcadOasiDonnXVIISingHakaVytaYevgNASAGoldMicrWorkGoldVict
DeseEnglfashLispNickButtHappRealHaroEnidCharRogeWilhRobeForeEnglPockBeliBookBarrMicrDenoDeno
DenoPhotTomaDISTQueeLookTakecappDireProlGottRewaKevituchkasContLynn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:26 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

Post subject: Great Product Tips
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:27 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Google Talk: :Google talk&quot
Please try Google before asking about High Rated Product Blog 6e4238e