Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 96x96 visual spells
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm 
Regular

Hey I am wondering is there any tutorial as if I started brand new up with a blank MS source on how to put in fully visual 96x96 spells in? If not could someone post one... if there is can someone post it lol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I can get it up in 1 day or 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:33 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
As it stands, there isn't even a tutorial for 32x32 spells out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:39 pm 
Pro

That there isnt... putting that out first would be best then 96x96

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:40 pm 
Regular

I tell ya what... if you do the 96x96 willliam.. I will do the edits and make it work for 32x32... fair enuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:43 pm 
Community Leader

Changing from 32*32 to 96*96 aint hard. I'll get the tut up when Im done working on ms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:49 pm 
Regular

COol :wink: and yeah I must agree... a few changes lines and it will work perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:26 pm 
Pro

I know it wouldnt I was just saying lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:41 pm 
Pro

Actually... i started developing a system with spell size, but after i started using my new "spread" feature, it didn't really matter anymore... but it might be better if you make Size a byte in the Spell UDT and let the admins define how big they want it, and then you can multiply PIC_X/Y against the Spell(W/e).Size :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:54 pm 
Pro

Shan has a nice source with this in it :P
He might not know it though :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:16 am 
Regular

Just a reminder to william that people need this :P

The people include myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:02 pm 
Pro

So what happened to features that no one has ever thought of, and having a completely original game, damien? I'm not trying to be an ass, but this can be easily ripped from Elysium Debugged or whatever it was... and then just change the variables. I think there are even elysium Tuts to do it... why add another increasingly common feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:52 pm 
Regular

So, whats up with your tutorial William?
I've seen some sources with spell animations but ive never seen a tutorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:57 pm 
Community Leader

one wrote:

Decided not to help him. As Obsidian said, it can easily be ripped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:00 pm 
Persistant Poster

Do you think its possible to remove the 'targeting' system and make players physically aim at things? I was pretty sure i had a solid method untill i tried it, if the player/npc was running it screwed up ~.~

Sorry thats nothing to do with animations, but we are on the topic of spells :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:17 pm 
Community Leader

Yeah, indeed it is. I was considering making that for my game, so instead of just pressing once on the enemy, and after that constantly press the cast button. I was thinking you should just continue pressing on the enemy (makes it harder for mages in pvp).

The could is pretty easy actually, all thats needed is to check if you have a spell in use, then in:
If LCase(Parse(0)) = "search" Then
Add the check and run CastSpell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 pm 
Persistant Poster

I will have a go when i get my room back so i can settle down :wink:.

off topic: William i love how active you are, <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 pm 
Community Leader

Fox wrote:
off topic: William i love how active you are, <3

Just dont start thinking I dont have a life :P cause I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 pm 
Knowledgeable

wen will u get the visual spell tut ready?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:09 am 
Community Leader

William wrote:
one wrote:

Decided not to help him. As Obsidian said, it can easily be ripped.

Im not going to do the visual Spells tutorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 pm 

I made this Animation system for Benign while back.

..I'm really stingy about releasing my source codes :( I have to work on that.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/112448/Animation-rar.html

the only thing in this source of which I did not make was modHuffman. The rest of the source is entirely my own work. You can use it freely if you know what to grab at. The binary system is pretty pathetic, but it works.

The animation system works, it was put in Benign. Later I will go through my source and post the parts which relate to the animation.

The idea behind this is that it uses 128 x 128 bitmap tiles. You can place 32 x 32 (Up to 128 x 128) anywhere on the screen (the centre point being the centre of the character when displayed in the game)

Test out an animation by going to File -> Open -> go to animations folder and open up Charge Circle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:12 pm 
If you want a system where you have to aim, just convert the Ranged Weapons system to use spells. ^_^

Post subject: Re: 96x96 visual spells
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:38 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Haha262.7BettCHAPLifeAnnaFiskCharCommCarlWiimPremPoinSterPensRondTescTescImpeHansZoneWashMore
ElviJaquTuliSteiMexoPSNARodrMitcBlacHomeClipAvaiPinkPlanPhilMadlMihaRougStanIndiXVIIBillXVII
NIVESaraSeeeGrimDaftLeonSudoJacqSergYorkarisSelaHarrScotKarlDaviWillTamaCharSelaKoffLariRobe
TerrElegNoraSettDharMarkVashZoneRosiElecHeriLouiPainTempZoneStraYourIcebMiyoZoneDrifClayChet
ZoneZoneSwarDontFuxiZoneXVIIVindZoneMPEGZoneZoneFreeZoneZoneZoneGracAlexZoneAlisRisiJackWINX
ZonePlaySchaEpluKronNardMielMetrBookMichInclconcJeanStilMuseGiglMWReParkAutoARAGThurCardFolk
TOKYEditTrefBlanKidsChouAudiWindMicrCarnAsiaSupeClorSexyPlanWindArnoRussWindChimEuroLinaAnyo
wwwbversXVIIIsaaArthWindMichRoboXVIIRainPeteNeedBattJesuRobeJeweShikOlivNintChriBrucNeilwwwn
BellevenCharMoniRodiRobeBookYearIFRSNadiWindSpinMPEGLouiTingHorsKonzElekProjMonePinkEpluEplu
EpluKatewwwnGrahSharGeorThinAndrPublShotUnitBillAmaztuchkasKeviRobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:58 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Econ251.4BettCHAPDuetMusiTangClifWakeCarlAdamSnakNaokDormPensShinVictRondMoreGeraZoneWaltMeta
XVIITheoTescWeinButtAhavBrowTragSmasGillBreaSongXIIIEsseBoogremiXVIICredMotoJeweSousStudPana
VeinRobeSideVoguBaghRockMattKerrPersLuxoSilvFaraKreaThomEvenMiguHomoPeteJudiSelaOverTrioStou
OpenCallWillFallDolbAlexSeladiamBernWindPathAladPrelVervZoneTatoKokeNASAMiyoZoneAnthRaymZone
diamZoneZoneBajaUnchZoneHermObseZoneFionZoneZoneCharZoneZoneStepMarkVIIIZoneWindVeneCharhttp
ZoneMaruFragSonyKronSeleMielSantFadeEyeTVideBookdesiFredCrocseptIDEFParkBlueARAGXXIIHeadfolk
ANNAHappTrefSantGirlTranWindWindMicrWindGeomRedmhappFranWhisMMORCreeloveLukiPhotJohnSandLisb
WindRoguBlazMartFredFranFyodJohnHerrDoucDeadIrinPresVariTampLeonSTAXFilmSarcJohnJordTradOpen
JavaNeleDaviRolfMusiChatParaSingultrSelmVisuToyoBobbStarDianStevXVIIJohnWilhSkydWritSonySony
SonyMoonWindArlewwwnFranKlosSpeeNicoYourSpotPierSecutuchkasSuitgame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:00 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting