Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Ill write a little update when I get off work.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Probably worst 3 years of my life. I moved from home and went to school, guess its called university. School is okay, but sucks to lose contact with my real friends. Going back home in 1 month though :)

Other than that, I been doing work on k2h, playing Heroes of Newerth (im so good) and some sc2. Also some diablo1 and diablo2 <3 Lately doing some work on my 2nd game k2h2 iso.

:geek:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: FAProductions
Moved from Ohio back to Detroit, MI in December of 2010. Hooked up with a chick I've known since 2008 for about a month, ended that. Spent February to September single. Finally met up with a girl that I've known since 2009, one thing led to another and now we're together. Lol. My exwife is still a cunt and won't let me see my son. Um. As of right now, the plan is to move back to Ohio in July. We'll see what happens.

As for FADE.. Been workin' on it off and on here and there. It's underwent a few fresh starts, but whatever. It's gettin' there. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Well underway for my gender transition :D Dave is no more [for the most part] woohoo!

School and work, dropped out of school last fall 1/2 year away from a BS Computer Engineering because I couldn't afford it...

Quit my job and moved from Milwaukee, WI to Salt Lake City, UT on a week's notice cuz an internet friend invited me to see what would happen. Met him for the first time at the airport when he picked me up. I only brought the essentials: Playstation 2, sleeping bag, and some clothes.

First week in SLC I had a job, so I stayed. Over the phone IT for the US Forest Service. AKA: "kill me please"

Got my own apartment, started a business with the friend from above

We got a permanent contract with a marketing company as software developers, so I quit the forest service

I've been a self employed web and mobile application developer ever since :)

Got two kittens a week ago :D

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I stole the cat!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:36 am 
Community Leader

:o give me ginko back!

owait, he's still here lol - he's attacking my foot atm

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 am 
Persistant Poster

I think the last time (most of) you guys heard from me (on here) I had moved back into my mom's place and started vocational college and work at Blockbuster. I dropped out of college after a year. Stayed at Blockbuster until the day the company sold out to Dish Network and they closed our store. Went a solid year without a job, during which I had moved in with an old friend. Sweet deal, no rent, just shared the utilities bill. Did a lot of PC repair, and even some less legitimate things to make money. Life style landed me into some trouble - so I moved back into the parents place. Currently working at a drug store in a bad part of town.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm 

Hrm... three years ago, I started university in my hometown in a communications program while simultaneously working almost full time at an art gallery. Got sick of my program and how little I was learning, moved to a new city this year and just completed my first year at an art school. Now I am working for an assistive technology company for the summer. Everything is going great!

For the record, I still can't remember the username I used when I was on the MS forums... I do know however that I went by Memoir on the Mirage Realms project forums (Jacob, Egon, Liam.. you'll recognize that username :P).

Thanks for all the nostalgia that was had this morning!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm 

Hmm...

I became employed full time as a quality analyst at a company that deals with building their own custom electronics and the firmware/software to go along with it. Acquired my own apartment, built a new computer setup. The good life.

I dropped VB6 and learned C/++ which I feel I've excelled at compared to the old days.

I believe that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm 
Pro

My kids are now 4 and 1.

I was an IT Manager for 5 years. I'm now a "Software Development Engineer", C# web developer.

Pretty much gave up on Vb6 and game development for a long time I think. I still need to do a few things for MR and at least put a server online for it. I also need to finish up some code for someone else that I promised.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:06 pm 
Persistant Poster

Jacob wrote:
My kids are now 4 and 1.

I was an IT Manager for 5 years. I'm now a "Software Development Engineer", C# web developer.

Pretty much gave up on Vb6 and game development for a long time I think. I still need to do a few things for MR and at least put a server online for it. I also need to finish up some code for someone else that I promised.

If it's something that you think people will actually play, I can set you up an account on my VPS for the server.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm 
Pro

Yeah I have my own VPS as well, just haven't used it for games yet. Host my websites, teamspeak, and minecraft server. Thanks though!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:55 pm 
Persistant Poster

Jacob wrote:
Yeah I have my own VPS as well, just haven't used it for games yet. Host my websites, teamspeak, and minecraft server. Thanks though!

Np, man. Mine is literally only used for the FADE server. I have a webserver that's separate.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: anthony.fleck@gmail.com
Rian wrote:
Currently working as a drug store in a bad part of town.

FTFY.. xD

It's neat to see everyone showing up again.

I've been in touch with Rian, Jacob and Matt for the most part. Started a carpentry apprenticeship which I am almost done now, building myself a 1000sq. ft. two car garage with an apartment suite upstairs in August. Pretty excited about that.

As for MS based stuff, still puttering around with Merrimint. Work takes a hell of a lot of my time though and I'm usually tired by the end of the day and don't want to do much else. Being an adult sucks haha. Finally handed the reigns over to a friend named Bo, he's assumed most control of it. A server transfer needs to happen sometime soon and then that's that.

I'd like to see MR come online, as well as FADE. I might be able to mess around mapping if anybody wants.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am 
Knowledgeable

I just finished up a 3 year Computer Science college program, and now I'm off to university next fall to do Software Engineering, so I'm pretty stoked about that (our school system in Canada is a bit strange). Apart that life has been rather tame, I've been working at a software firm and just trying to enjoy life as much as possible. I have however been with my girlfriend about 3 years and a half now, and that's going awesomely !

I haven't been gaming much lately, as my desktop has been on the fritz ever since Skyrim. I got sucked into minecraft for a good little while though. As for game development, I always start new little projects and then give up on them - terrible habit haha. I miss the ORPG world though :(

I've also been trying to blog recently but never have many ideas on what exactly to write.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 pm 
Persistant Poster

Anthony wrote:
Rian wrote:
Currently working as a drug store in a bad part of town.

FTFY.. xD

It's neat to see everyone showing up again.

I've been in touch with Rian, Jacob and Matt for the most part. Started a carpentry apprenticeship which I am almost done now, building myself a 1000sq. ft. two car garage with an apartment suite upstairs in August. Pretty excited about that.

As for MS based stuff, still puttering around with Merrimint. Work takes a hell of a lot of my time though and I'm usually tired by the end of the day and don't want to do much else. Being an adult sucks haha. Finally handed the reigns over to a friend named Bo, he's assumed most control of it. A server transfer needs to happen sometime soon and then that's that.

I'd like to see MR come online, as well as FADE. I might be able to mess around mapping if anybody wants.

I definitely need help with mapping, but atm, it's just linking maps and laying the very base ground layers. Grass, beach, etc. Then after they're all linked, go through and add detail and what not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 am 
Pro

Google Talk: asrrin29@gmail.com
Oh wow, Mirage Source still exists? The memories I have of this place...

Good to see Matt and Lea are still around, William too. I wonder where Vibe and Magnus ran off to? and Spoon, that old fart!

Hmmm, I graduated university 2 years ago, married my wife 2.5 years ago, moved to Maryland two years ago, found a job here as a Systems Engineer doing server IT work. We just bought our first home a month ago. Not much into making games anymore, but I am still playing the heck out of them. Currently enjoying some League of Legends and Diablo III. Still no children, and not planning on them anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 am 
Community Leader

Asrrin good to see you! I still talk to Vibe but Magnus disappeared... pretty sure vibe is making a conscious point to not come here haha

Glad to see you're doing well :-) You should add me on Facebook so we can chat!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 am 
Persistant Poster

Asrrin <3 One of the first influential people I met through these forums :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:26 am 
Persistant Poster

Asrrin! Fuckin' great to see you, man. Haven't talked to you in forever. I debated lookin' you up on Facebook, but haven't the slightest idea what your last name is. Haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 pm 
Pro

Hi, dont know how many remember me.
But yeah, i was working on several MS based games some years ago.. ended up doing Silverdale 100 times and then just sold it.

Other than that, ive been doing music, and probably smoking alot of weed since the last time i was here.. not so much anymore tho.
But yeah, sebastianbrkic.bandcamp.com thats whats going on, and omnivision.bandcamp.com. And some more stuff..

Finished school, have a fulltime job, looking for an apartment.. thats my life right now xD.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: aeronjl+mirage@googlemail.com
It's pretty amazing to hear about all of you again.

I doubt I'm well remembered here, but for what it's worth I start my final year of Sixth Form in September, with an aim to study Mathematics at Cambridge or LSE the following year.

I think I remember you Mithlomion; was it you who ran a warez site for a while?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:35 am 

has it really been only 3 years?
well i have done next to nothing since then
been busy with life my kids are getting to the age many of you started at on this stuff
and no they aren't really in to computers (yet)
kids they grow up so fast...
in 3 more years i will have 2 kids in high school
i seen a few names i remember form way back when
(yay atleast my memory isn't gone to far)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm 
Persistant Poster

Sperot wrote:
has it really been only 3 years?
well i have done next to nothing since then
been busy with life my kids are getting to the age many of you started at on this stuff
and no they aren't really in to computers (yet)
kids they grow up so fast...
in 3 more years i will have 2 kids in high school
i seen a few names i remember form way back when
(yay atleast my memory isn't gone to far)

Not sure I remember you, though your name seems familiar..

And the way you type/talk, I'd assume you were Dr. Spoon.

But let's be honest, not many (if any) have heard from Spoon in ages. Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 pm 
Community Leader

true story

think he disappeared for good xD