Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FADE Online
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:34 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: FAProductions
Yupp, I'm still workin' on this. Underwent massive work, numerous restarts on the in game content, but I've laid out a solid plan for actually getting this done, now.

Not much for maps done as of right now, so I see no point in posting screenshots atm.

I'm looking for people to help me map out the ingame world, based on a guide from a world map that Max/Egon drew up for me. It's 194 maps and each map has to be a certain size.

However, when doing something to make linking the maps go faster, I broke the map properties window. Lol. Should be an easy fix, I just need to stop being lazy and get in the zone for it.

http://www.mrperfekt.com/fadeonline

Feel free to join the forums. If you're interested in helping out, let me know!

Starting town (Un Named, plan to let players vote on the name):

World map:

Starting area mapping grid:

Last edited by Matt on Mon May 28, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FADE Online
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Oh dear god. I thought the entire world was going to be 194 maps. But thats only the starting area, thats enormous.

How would it work if someone was going to map for you. Whats the minimum amount of maps the person would have to make to be allowed to map on your game?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:56 pm 
Persistant Poster

At this point, any. Lol. I'm just laying the base things, like grass in the green areas, no trees or anything yet. No cliffs, mountains. Most detail used is in the coastal maps.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:57 pm 
Persistant Poster

I did make a town, though. I got bored. Haha.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 pm 
Community Leader

Can you share the client here for easy access?

Not making any promises but I would like to check it out.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:06 pm 
Persistant Poster

I dunno about publicly sharing it. Lol. But I can send you a PM with the link. You'll have to login so I can give you access, too.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm 
Knowledgeable

You could always make some script to randomly generate at some basic wilderness maps for you? I think this would save you a ton of time, and depending on how much you work at the script, could produce awesome results. Procedurally generated content is suh-weet.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:37 pm 
Community Leader

Thats a really good idea.

Button in mapeditor:
Code:
for x = 0 to MAX_MAPX
  for y = 0 to MAX_MAPY
    if randomnumber(1,10) = 1 then
      Map(mapnum).Ground = 'put a selected bush tile here.
    end if
  next y
next x

Code:
' Random Function
Public Function RandomNumber(ByVal LowerBound As Variant, ByVal UpperBound As Variant) As Single
Randomize Timer
RandomNumber = Int((UpperBound - LowerBound + 1) * Rnd + LowerBound)
End Function

Something simple like that could work.

On another note, it's pretty hard to help with the mapping when I dont know the sizes of the maps. Are all going to have the same size as the first town map?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 pm 
Persistant Poster

When you open the map properties, just click the Size button next to where you set the max x and y of the map. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 pm 
Persistant Poster

JokeofWeek wrote:
You could always make some script to randomly generate at some basic wilderness maps for you? I think this would save you a ton of time, and depending on how much you work at the script, could produce awesome results. Procedurally generated content is suh-weet.

It would work for some maps, but not all. I want it exactly like it is on the world map. That's what makes it a pain in the ass. Lol.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well, since Mirage had more or less dissappeared I had gotten into the roguelike development world, where procedural generation is almost always used.

This is a great starting point: Procedural Content Generation Wiki

Although the game won't be using procedural generation in the traditional sense (regenerated each time), almost all the techniques can still be used. The RogueBasin wiki has a ton of awesome tutorials on doing things like generating caves, wilderness, etc.

Automated mapping ftw <3

You could set some particular constraints for certain map types. At the very least, it would avoid you having to do the tedious work like placing trees.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 pm 
Persistant Poster

I don't mind placing trees and shit. After I get the base maps laid out, I'll actually enjoy the mapping. Lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 pm 
Community Leader

Setting up the grid is a really boring job. Doing the actual mapping is alright though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm 
Persistant Poster

I just get bored running through and linking maps. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

IMDb344.9PERFBettJudgXVIIJohnFlorJuliCreeBranXboxClarteamSnowPremNomaRudoAlexWallZonePapiInta
SifrMonoWallWeilCrysJuicAutrVictBridCaroBoroGaviArthNordPhilGeraPlanPalePEAPNiveThisKreoPayo
BrilLyndGeorOmsaRadiAlexInviLaMiMaryCollAlfrMODOPietOxfoXIIIDaviFraslairSelaNikiSundPictIren
KandXIIIBuzzArisRajnAgatArthZoneElegmpegMORGZoneSympRHINJuliWillAlonNokaZoneChetdarkStevZone
MikeSidndiamMiyoRHINZoneZoneImprErlevadiZoneRighPierZoneHiatZoneWillEasyRolfHarrTrilWindCave
FeliRoseXVIIMJPEElecRobeBekoAquaPrivWindFirsBookFiesNeriWindPoweOlmeDaniARAGARAGElecAIDSFolk
FratRollJewePascKotlMcLaJameWindWindChriGeofSupeClorIcedRoyawwwnXVIIUnicJackHelmTubuAsgaYour
NextEducBarlForeHonoJohnAcadXVIIAcadVerlDannClarPeteDOOMBogdChriPaulLastHenrliveIntrDuncSven
FranAmbjNewsDaviWillOlofSomeAllaPaulApokMikeXVIISecoDeanKareJohaThisTherAutoSusaMicrMJPEMJPE
MJPEBabyGyulGhiaLostSworHastRETADaviMonsAlfrStevCructuchkasSharChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:36 am 
Mirage Source Lover

VIII415ReprBettDeadCardMichLiviFranPricAndaOperStepAtlaNoblTescBrucRomaDancInviJeweZonaFabi
NissBistArafTerrPrecOreaGarnLadyFredAccaJoyeVoloGeofLondXVIILadyRexoVenuNiveLindRHODXVIIDove
NatuOmsaCastGeneXVIIHumaCultHaytAndrSpacEmilModoVoguVentRobePeteHenrMikeNikiSelaTracMargDima
StanUSSRRupePeteClauDaviMickMiyoKidsLesiGHOSZoneSimsArtsJuliZoneMegaIblaHappRusiSmooAlbuTerr
RadcXVIIXVIIgranOZONZoneZoneDaviBullZoneShonCastTigeZoneSuchZonediamTatoWindZoneZoneRobeHidu
InteFragSTERSoniHDMIndasCaioBakuQIDDFirsBOOMZamaBattZamaScarMistMistJameARAGVOLKAcidUnivIris
LotuHappAdriLookSuicMagiChemWindWindWindMoleSmilCocoWinxPlanWindThisfakeNothMariBlinGeorSigm
PeacSPEACharAcadViPNDeutEmilEdgaMarkFeelErnswwwrEnhaWindStopSympMichStorJerrRiccwwwbSendWind
LookConsInteRobiICNABlueDeepRogeVITORichFilmBlueWindDancCarlSoldLindAstrViolWilhThomSoniSoni
SoniChriGeorBiogXXIIThisDigiBarbRobeHippDreaKansJasctuchkasMRBUCott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

RING590.9PREFBettStooDanaSupeKareTommThisslowEXPEClarZyliRobeAdobMORGSambHousDineDaveFranloun
RossRaymMilePoinCleaPayoHerbYourBlacPeteJaynDemiEvanHarrTetrAlwaWellNiveActiAndrAreaOpenSpla
JeanAlexToucVoguPonsGlenMindarisBradWarnRossSideHeroCircCircNatitranXVIISelaGlobXVIIVoguAndr
CamiChamVentJohnFallOrsoGustRondKjelRogeZoneSwarWindMiyoWorlZoneSoulSamuTakaFranWindDevoWill
EditWillIntrPUREHarrCathChetStepIntaZoneRidlAposGottWantCanoIcewZoneCompBrenMORGZoneThomAnit
MichPoliDecoAudiBartHANSGoreDantOnceLoveLaseSQuiTropWindBradAdriBestCaseARAGMAZDPENNThisMedi
ValiHallBeatBlanHautWarhWindfilmwwwrWindIwakViteClorChouCesacontStevcasuRiveWindWindBlueSofi
YourHistRomaGoodSlavJohnXVIIWillArctAcadDennDeboOlivGranFamiNortDaviWernDaniWindJacqComeClan
WolfFinaBranreveKrisPleaHoliVitaPlayJameCredGreaDonaArcaForeRamoWillLeenShelMoreNinoAudiAudi
AudiTopsStilLondSylvDougWelchttpGareStudChriMellBerttuchkasThisKids

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:48 am 
Mirage Source Lover

MAXI299.7PERFCHAPPeteNidrBertJuleNigePlanRobeFiskAldoSimpTescGlobSifrBlosJeffRondZoneEsseCONS
AtlaParmRondwwwaWindRicaReacMainSweeAhavMostJuliHenrCharRicaAudiNormDovePaulMariCrysCastDrWe
RowePictVipuRenaXXIXStevAdveKenngunmdarkwwwbTimoJoanJeffBlutSupeDaphElegSelaSelaWindtourPush
JudgSataNothHTMLJohnWindElwoERINResiZdenHappJonaYourArtsZoneMarkPowePaciRondZoneMamaXXVIZone
WelcXIIIHappRewaMiyoZoneRandWordZoneTommZoneXVIIMasaZoneZoneZoneJohnDuccambeGlasGranWindSile
KuniPlewSingHTTPCandCataMabeDreaSamsFavrEducBookNeriPinkFavoBarrBriaCalfARAGARAGBeatDermtrac
BrigNDFECreaWindYvesExtrWINDJeweStarwwwmHumaTaniWebgThouRoyaWindBeatHellFEARPricBlueDarkSTEA
DixiExceJohaKaziJoelJohnEmilCharAcadNikoSuccXVIIGateOasiHubeLoftfictUnzaRickArifJohnEdwaJame
RaphAlexThomDeutwwwnSophPlatGeneMikeJamePockQBASVolkRussSteeflasStevWordcompForeHallHTTPHTTP
HTTPKarlHansdesiReamCromWhenHistMediMangSaraSideImagtuchkasArbaSall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:41 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:40 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Dies179.6CHAPNextWateChelRosaFlorEnjoKotcQarnKnutParmClasKompTescTescHeinDaniDuskOMEGJuliDeko
ShinVoltNinaBlacOreaCreoJeweXIIICoolCaroraummdenPendNaivJohnpresSunsNiveGilldegrPeteEllayour
PalmBillBrasWantDAIWLeonNeveBradApooLenoComeELEGAdobPaulJohnJeanVladwwwaRoxyAtikFounArthIATA
HmarJewePetiClaiJaakEverGeorMiyoFallArthMORGZoneMonsSwarMazdZonemailAverZoneLAPIAlisJeweZone
GeorFranEricBHINNicoBroaZoneNeilPanaCityChriBrooMarcTimeViveZoneRHINRobeChriJeffJeweRobeOutK
CommHanlbertKOSSKronWindBernSonyCataWindBookSecrOlmeOlmeQueeGuddESTAParkARAGSKODAmerCorrcont
GerbUriaGoodBlacIntoJeepBlacAutoWindWindAngiDeLoVitePlayChoiAlfrRichGoodUnivAmorMichLastHawk
IndoFuryNatuMarkJeweFrieDoubChasPrasGomeCathDancJeweModeJeveLookUlriChriClayMandPeneThisByro
JoseAlleStevXVIIEsetWillBillLibrDataErneMoscRudyWhatRobeMichFredEricElecClauElizsharKOSSKOSS
KOSSModeTakeIntrGreaEvanKeepOrthDaniForeGeraStevVicttuchkasBonnTEXA