Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:26 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
I reached the max amount of controls on frmMirage...

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:29 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Looks like it's time to start coding efficiently.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:35 pm 
Regular

You have 255 controls? 0_O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:09 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
I reached that a long time ago, just make objects arrays, like, don't use optGround, optMask, optAnim, optFringe, etc. Use optLayer(0), optLayer(1), optLayer(2), optLayer(3), optLayer(etc). And repeat the process... It takes a while xD

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 pm 
Dragoons Master wrote:
I reached that a long time ago, just make objects arrays, like, don't use optGround, optMask, optAnim, optFringe, etc. Use optLayer(0), optLayer(1), optLayer(2), optLayer(3), optLayer(etc). And repeat the process... It takes a while xD

That's pretty smart. Of course, you remove quite a bit of controls if you move the map editor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:22 pm 
Community Leader

Dave wrote:
Looks like it's time to start coding efficiently.

It has nothing to do with that. I have so many labels due to the item description, spell description and stats menu. And also because I have so many menus..

I dont have the map editor on frmMirage. Gotta remove many controls though, so making them into arrays just counts as 1. Nice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:23 pm 

Simple:
Draw everything on screen through DirectX =P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:26 pm 
Regular

I know I'm suppose to be supportive of you William, but having 200+ controls on one form is ridiculas. I know i saw a lot of controls on the form when i looked at it but i didn't know it was 200+.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 pm 

bhenhur wrote:
I know I'm suppose to be supportive of you William, but having 200+ controls on one form is ridiculas. I know i saw a lot of controls on the form when i looked at it but i didn't know it was 200+.

Well depending on what each control is doing, it shouldn't slow down an average computer these days, so in reality, it's only a mess, not a something that's bad... unless you're like me and hate messes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 pm 
Submit-Happy

Ew. I don't even have 50 ><

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:39 pm 
Regular

Iluvlamp wrote:
bhenhur wrote:

Well depending on what each control is doing, it shouldn't slow down an average computer these days, so in reality, it's only a mess, not a something that's bad... unless you're like me and hate messes.

lol, cant stand messy projects & code. I sometimes take a whole minute just to come up with the best name for a variable. :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:59 am 
Community Leader

My frmMirage is covered with labels, lets count some on it. I got:
Spell Description: 28
Item Description: 16
Trade Menu: 26
Never mind, lets just look at this..
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5484/hmmiw5.png

There are just so many things that I need on frmMirage. Guess I could put a few menus in other forms, but does it really matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:33 am 

bhenhur wrote:
Iluvlamp wrote:
bhenhur wrote:

lol, cant stand messy projects & code. I sometimes take a whole minute just to come up with the best name for a variable. :?

Oh god... I need to have the perfect variable names too... *type*.... *backspace*....*type*....*backspace*...etc

If I really don't care I just use single letters =P

William wrote:
My frmMirage is covered with labels, lets count some on it. I got:
Spell Description: 28
Item Description: 16
Trade Menu: 26
Never mind, lets just look at this..
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5484/hmmiw5.png

There are just so many things that I need on frmMirage. Guess I could put a few menus in other forms, but does it really matter.

Why not make all of the non-changing labels all object arrays. They'll only take up one count of control on the form even if you have like 100.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:42 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Why don't you draw them in real time using DirectX. You'd shrink the EXE size a ton.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:19 am 
Knowledgeable

There is also a Print() function... Haven't used it in a while, so I don't know the correct syntax... but you can print to the form in whatever font, in whatever location you wish. (Without a control)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:46 am 
Banned

Ugh, yea, Plus adding so much to a form makes it huge which makes teh EKE bigger! Ahh! I removed a ton of forms and compressed them and the filesize of the EXE went down to like 2.83MB.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:24 pm 
Community Leader

I will remove all the edit forms efore release. There aint really many controls I can get rid of o my frmMirage..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Welt560.1BettBettMahePussAndrSenzMineWindPolaThreTescEnhaWindPeteYousCathVolvEricLyonManlRaym
MissDancRozaChriRogeLondJerrDaveDIATDaniCommPierEvitGlenThomSimoAswaShemAlejTescXVIIMichSidn
NiveThomMagiAlbeJackHansRobeJoseSelaSelaFourDarkCathRoxyLogeAbraMikeXVIIDeepPhilLoveCotoCoto
VoguSnowClicCanoArcaSilvELEGNestAdamQuikMichMiyoELEGZoneZoneJeweXVIICetoBjorBeetFallZoneXIII
ZoneZoneJeweZoneZoneZoneZoneASASZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneRodeVillMPEGElecSaatBekoSiemAnilYorkDougconcFiesWWUnSQuiNookZENIChisBELLNISSFranUSMLjazz
GreeValiFerrPotiViolNikoSonyWindJeweWindLEGOKenwRoweJeweKiteDaviWorlPoweStriDownFlyiJoviTras
TresCeltXIIIPeteJackBriaLaniLopeScotLouiMikhPeteKlubRhytCrasTaleXVIISoulBeleQueeWarrMargBern
JohnBenjMatzRupeWoodKathFadeDisnSporErneAAALIslaBeatDeutMariJohnDiesBeatRickFranAlfrMPEGMPEG
MPEGWindOZONWannJacqBeacAstrLucyXVIIpxaxStopElizBecktuchkasPhilVlad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:40 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:40 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Rube268.3CHAPCHAPcroiToweQuenGustVoluWindSandSambWillPunkDormBasiCitySkypCuisDekoZoneLawsDeko
TescFranTescMaxiAccaDesmOutlHomeLoviJohnMarlPainLoveSpicDuomPenhDoveDoveGuanWynoElseAloeGust
ZoraMusiPushNighKiddBluePhilMariHansLievXVIIMacbRoucGlobLEGRXVIIAdioSergshingunmHowaXLVIMich
ReadPoulElegCrusElegMacbWifeMorgBonuModoNasoZoneVentSimoForeASASZoneChilZoneZoneBillZonediam
XXVIZoneBennViveBeauZoneLAPIZoneZoneZonePierZoneZoneZoneZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneJackZoneZone
ZoneXVIIMiloGradEtliMABEIritZanuDisnDonaThisStarJeweChicGiglRenzMistSTARSTARTOYOBookEndoCool
WinxSaidEducHumaMariHaroAdobSureJudaMistBerlRedmDeLoNiceEukaMacrAnswInstChanWindMedlInteMich
NigrNintTerrXVIIShutXVIIRogeThisKrupJoonPeteMicrWindRealSideEverXVIIRafaJohnMicrClauIstvCost
WindThroClaxHankPampHoteuneqThomJohnyounThouColoJeanDeanThisUikuRobeSigmBonuAndrRoalGradGrad
GradJustMancIntrDaisCoraDiamThomRobeIphiWhenXVIIYourtuchkasTakeNive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:03 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Amaz120PERFBettWomaXIIIJohnNevePaulMeinKillArthNighFuckPROMFredremiKurtChriPullCommDonaSand
MetaBrenStakStevRecoVIIIRobeAlexJennMickIntrXVIIDefoPoliVictXVIIXIIIRobeIscaXVIIPropDykeGill
PatrJuliCharXVIIMatiJohnKoolElaiDarkAlmoRobeSupeLudwthesQuikAdveJameJonaOrsoFranPushPhilJohn
femmCotoSelaBillFallRoxySelaDaviHaroElegJackAlasEzekGypsZoneGeorMariDokoJenoJohnKlarLudwLife
ZoneAntoGranLarrZoneZoneAlanZoneZoneNealZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneFIFAZoneZoneZoneZoneWintZoneZone
ZoneBronPeteKOSSCampOetkHotpSamsMagiPiteGeomBookPostPolavidaProfYallFortARAGFIATCaniMaleJazz
ImagzeroSmasRobeLiPoMuckSmobdowsWindStopChanBorkBoscHugoSimbwwwaANDRJeweTarcSideInfaIntrGast
SonySeriJoseFrieRobewhitLotuJuliBariFredTearVIIIEvolhorrDOWNComeCrazGreyRussPaulTribSankmoti
DigiSchlFishMPLSFallLaniTaroJillOffiGuitXVIISonyECDLAmerRogePhilRobeEleaTombFIFOGibsKOSSKOSS
KOSSBurnReflSimoMARGHorsMacnToveWeatXVIIStacXVIILovetuchkasWindSold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:07 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

IIAP482.5BettBettRajaJewePlayBaccIntrCoulStorGeorDuanCounPinkSimoExpeHowaImmoJeffPujmIMAXCelt
CounMortBillLuigAsiaOreaTogoRighFantPVAGEragContFranGustStepJannLoewJulePierLatiTescHottChar
WindKiyoBandDeadLeopBergDocuViorModoCircSelaELEGPariBasuCircMariHideJohnFinaFounMariPushJoli
PushSnowSelaEnjoCircJameNikiSpidElegEdwaZoneRondSelaTambBornHeinMargCosmSwanGlenFallZoneJohn
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneXIIIFragPionKronStepCataHotpCataMarcSurvCHERPETEBeflHallLukaMistDigiSTARSTARUldrMEDIAvan
zeroMercWinxProSParkSmarspecActiWindMistOnlysupeRoweAgenEukawwwnValihttpDancSideLadyCraiVood
JeweJameXVIIKathLangprixXVIISinfThomAlaiLeonArtuSounadveSoonFormTrisSimoMartDoubKeviKeviCoca
UnitTownDonaEnglFiveNeusGeorArthZIMAFIFAPixaJustDigiToveMajeWindKateRoseSilvBrucStevPionPion
PionCityPetePinsXVIIRhapLukaPeopSighPatrDancRobeAhmatuchkasSabiTeas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:39 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Google Talk: :Google talk&quot
Please try Google before asking about Best Product Guide 92af4fc