Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Easy Warping
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:58 pm 
Pro

Again, this is mainly a tutorial for people coming from Elysium, though it does make using mirage much easier. It adds in an option to just type "/warp" instead of "/warptome" and "/warpmeto" and "/warpto" which can get really confusing and annoying. Just type "/warp" to go anywhere, to a player, to a map, or to the moon... well not really.

Search in modgamelogic for
Code:
 '// Mapper Admin Commands //

I put my code under this block of code
Code:
            ' Map Editor
            If LCase$(Mid$(MyText, 1, 10)) = "/mapeditor" Then
                frmMirage.Width = 14175
                Call SendRequestEditMap
                MyText = vbNullString
                frmMirage.txtMyChat.Text = vbNullString
                Exit Sub
            End If

You can put it anywhere you want in there really... Anyway here is the code.
Code:
            ' Warping
            If LCase$(Mid$(MyText, 1, 5)) = "/warp" Then
                If IsNumeric(Mid$(MyText, 6, Len(MyText) - 5)) Then
                    MyText = Mid$(MyText, 6, Len(MyText) - 5)
                    n = Val(MyText)
                    ' Check to make sure its a valid map #
                    If n > 0 And n <= MAX_MAPS Then
                        Call WarpTo(n)
                    Else
                        Call AddText("Invalid map number.", Red)
                    End If
                Else
                    Call WarpMeTo(Mid$(MyText, 6, Len(MyText) - 5))
                End If
                MyText = vbNullString
                frmMirage.txtMyChat.Text = vbNullString
                Exit Sub
            End If

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

Post subject: Re: Easy Warping
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:30 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Clever and handy, but i don't think it takes care of /warptome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
now make a warp map,x,y command :D

and a warp map,x,y,dir command!

Sometimes you just need to get into those tight places :D

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 pm 
Knowledgeable

Or face the direction you want and call a method of warping based on maybe double clicking on the map if you've got high enough access. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
On Eternal Flame there was the fire I usually sat in. I made a block a map down, so I would run straight down, then /warpto 1 and be on the fire... So I didnt need to think of locations at all XD

Maybe /warpto 1 5 6 0 would have been harder to type (arbitrary numbers)

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
Pro

Sonire wrote:

Of course it doesnt take care of /warptome... how the hell would you know if you wanted to warp to the person or warp them to you. :roll:

And no don't say put a 0 or a 1 at the end, I think two warping commands is easy enough to remember. :D

As for warp(x,y,) a much easier way to do this is to make mappers able to walk over blocks and set their move speed really high. If you want me to ill make a tutorial :D.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:57 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Labmonkey wrote:
Sonire wrote:

Of course it doesnt take care of /warptome... how the hell would you know if you wanted to warp to the person or warp them to you. :roll:

You said it, not me:
Labmonkey wrote:
It adds in an option to just type "/warp" instead of "/warptome" and "/warpmeto" and "/warpto" which can get really confusing and annoying. Just type "/warp" to go anywhere

Silly boi :P

<3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 pm 
Pro

I meant that having all of those warping commands makes it confusing. Why should warpto warp me to a map, and warpmeto warp me to a player? An engine with 3 warp commands needs some work. I am going to make an admin panel next.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:13 pm 
Persistant Poster

just get it to check on /warp if :

/warp text here is > 0 and <= max_maps then warp to a map, else try and warp to a player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:19 pm 
Knowledgeable

Instead of warpto using x,y coords. Code it so you have a command called warp and then click on the square you need to warp to. This would take care of an issues for when you warpto a map and land in the middle of the mountains. Also you won't have to figure out the coords everytime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:28 pm 
Submit-Happy

Quick addition. Go to the PicScreen click sub, then just do a:

Code:
If shift = true then
warprequest(x, y)
end if

Then do an access check on the server and finish the warp.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 pm 
Pro

Fox wrote:
just get it to check on /warp if :

/warp text here is > 0 and <= max_maps then warp to a map, else try and warp to a player

Um... I am not sure if you have been following, and this is an optimization.. or if you just read the post above you. This tutorial does that...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:37 pm 
Persistant Poster

Haven't been following.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 pm 
Pro

lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:04 am 
Mirage Source Lover

denn180.6CHAPPERFJuleOverLudoDaviLambDelpDrBrSupeGoneMiseExchKypoJameBlueGuntZombJannHarrRond
CourFridConcBrunFlueChriXVIIWongSideAhavTonyVousJeweAnnaAlleWaltGammRemiRhinpsycDonnkBitVIII
PatrDuneInazAlexOmsaTrasGeraDashOmatCircFallDancOmsaJeweXVIINelvDickshinBritCathHEINHTMLKarm
MagnLycrHermArisWindSelathesWildHomoJeanMorgSonyELEGXVIIRHIAStopZoneSoutArtsMaurTraiZoneWilh
ZoneZoneDansZoneZoneZoneLionMORGZoneFiscZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWitoTupaZoneZoneCracFollZoneZone
ZoneAmheGipfCMOSSchaKidsPatrZigmWindEmilMarvJetiMorgPolaDOUGPoweBigaHEYNCADIMystPennPrizOthe
NighRocoCharIsisNatiMitsDisnWindGescGianCrayBorkLegoIntoqMonundeVistElecStepTrauJeweOneRMaki
XVIIJohnAcadHonoDeseStevGrouFranPablWaltComeValeLeonBonePeteRaceAntoENERRajnDefeSoulThatIngm
DisnSaviHarrEnglRoomJillWelcHortPoolEnglChilPeteBonuRobeGrifFielRecoGenuPainPatrFinaCMOSCMOS
CMOSSuprHansLibeMadoRETADoorCompDarrEnglGustNeurWorltuchkasOnlyTerr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:29 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

pers169.2CHAPPERFKathETHNSimoXVIIFredApolWindSideProfFinaHaroBonuErleMoreWillChemRichWhenZero
UmanEddiSleeSpirGreewwwnJackCafeGoveCamaMPEGSeptMusiSplaSidePaulJaidNASDMineStarFestEvilArth
GillWilhImagXVIIPeriMusiDashSamuBlinCircQuikTimeEwerFromVictOgioRamagunmCornSwamGiovAmarVisi
HardCotothesChocLegeWenistylAlexHuntELEGBusiJordQuikMORGMejalounZoneSimpKarlGeorLudwZoneHerb
ZoneZoneZabaZoneZoneZoneXIIIZoneZoneBagdZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneAlphCharZoneZoneSkatProbZoneZone
ZoneRodePlewSharMaerWenzSamsSamsSingChikClemDelpAdriOlmeYorkWALLWillSTARSAABMataXXIITranBlue
ValiValidowsProSMoxiKidsMounWindScarTellSobaBoscClorBrigFrisMaryChurWithDannTakiindussivNeri
FaldKissAescUptoMourXVIIHenrGoodNumbHerbSaveVladPolaTonyOlegWindPetrCharAntoFausKeitJeweMich
WindExceNapoEconWestJensSonyLeneScotStepDougOOPSChloRussStepVIVAIndeVIIIAngeStarTallSharShar
SharDoodArnoMackPopuRichFlamPureOmenThelFeliDougSteptuchkasOZONHide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:46 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

hora293.5CHAPStraNASAKhalAlarJohnDigiCharJushValkTescRoseMarkXIIIAnneInteTescStanJameBradTesc
HallJeweFranWatsBoscLudwFranOZONPersVacuWalkRhytKantWorlLawrHonoDemoJeanPatrSothDensXVIIClau
OreaZoneHairBarbGrimLewiMaryCircFallOsirLEGOErmiXVIIUnplMichFaraEmilFELICarlLeopSympEditTech
PushGricWaldVoplColuMacbELEGSimsRichClicXVIIKungRoxyChirArtsMtiuRogeEcocAAGQThomCircZoneArts
tapaZoneSweeZoneZoneZonePublASASZoneKancZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRobeParkZoneZoneORSiMaurZoneZone
ZonePinoWindBioVSoliBoscStieRoyaBookHarrBookWindDaliEuroRoseWoodMandExraMystKenwCarlpockNang
IremRIVEEditcernPlayHellAmouLouiautompegStanBoscChouAntoSudoFantDescBossXVIIRoadJerrlessCraz
ViolJewewwwnLawsClauChriCharLarrSoniCambThomPockSupeVisuGeneLongPumpVariAnimJeweLothAlamSims
WindRobeBranMortSideArleOtfrPrunAllaGhiaJazzAdriYevgRussDonaCoolBornKingClauFranGilbBioVBioV
BioVAutoEduaJansDeatMemoZasoAesoTeenAlieAlanVIIIArnotuchkasMasaSand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:53 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Layl100.1ReprBettJaroHomoSunsRabiGastJoseSympRichChamRichDigiBarbDeepJoelFionHiroPhilKingJack
contBonuRyanFiskCartDoveAndrFernLouiMichTerrRaymNormMickWolfwwwrGeorJethPhotTescBibeSchaGary
AmarNoriPercPaulPeteDigiJohnHarrModoCircKathReevTimeBasbClifLuxoGiorErikZukoAfriXVIIVIIIJoli
SvevPiggCircMatiFallFeliJuleXVIIBernLOSTAlexDaniSelaJannZoneDixiZoneFeetWomaMarlOsirZoneMidn
ZoneZoneSpinZoneZoneJackAlexZoneZoneQueeZoneZoneZoneAlanZoneWataZoneZoneZoneZoneGammZoneZone
ZoneAaviMajeTRASHallEmotHotpVestMeetwwwaTheyMistPETEWWReClouBancMrLesituCHEVTallPENNPancCoun
DeltValiEditXIIIBriaLoviROCKWindWindMichCariRedmUnitBossFresStanMarrfantSonyDeatRockAgatPoli
SandCitiWorlRomaAcadSeemRabiJuliRaziWillLondJamePresWindStarOnceWaxwPeteJennDistRogelncoLind
FighKennGravJudyBranJakeWindFranForeJonaCharBretindoFedeGeroAngeIntrNingWillCharFeliTRASTRAS
TRASCindVaniCharWithStilBonuScarMicrSeetPretCharPowetuchkasJennBonu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:44 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:07 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cons164BettCHAPSergAlekCrueMalaBillPinuVERIMircWantWakeChilDolpScooEllaStarStepZoneGeorBlin
DONIFantLudwMarkEliaStevXVIIDympMickMiloChunPierLounRichTokiLoveQuelToddPitoHannCaraDiscXVII
NiveXVIIJameXVIIAmanDaviigelMyunMastELEGFourDolbHardXVIINikiNobeManiChriDeepexciHerbHomoXVII
GailPhilRoxyHadiCircSilvNerrBillXVIIFallWillVasiSelaZoneZoneMounRogeHomeMagiMattTraiZoneMidn
ZoneZoneClinZoneZoneZoneHowadiamZoneIgorZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindZoneZoneZoneZoneHaloNasoZone
ZoneXVIIDHChCCTVOESTSmarKronBillWindAuthNatiOlmecellOlmeSponGiglPoweRingVOLVHeliGonnEmerClas
IvreRotoEducwwwnLittTinyEnhaTotaWindMORALEGOValeChouDolcRoyaRobeRockDoneGreaStonJameXVIIXVII
BetedeatMartAdolWindXIIIKariCharNeroJohnVladIstvValeLibrABBAProjBestRupeChucDancLuigHerbFant
WolfDisnTravGerdInitMaryJohaTippOproAllesongDreaEleaLaurWindPapeSigmHenrElizArleDonaCCTVCCTV
CCTVMotoChriCharCompGreaJohnElliRobeMileDaviLynnThistuchkasWindLone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:34 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Illu282.1BettCHAPChihAgenCarsDreaJohnMarkGuelHargCostMoreXVIIOrieKarlSorrLuyuShinZoneZonaEdga
AtlaTramTescElsePenhVenuKiriDeceAlexWillMichTambXVIIJaniBrauPlanSafeCredPatrAlphQuarMargKami
SplaBarbMathLionGrimJoliVoguColiNikiPhilSilvRobeWineRichHonoIntiJoanFeliSelaSelaACTIAndawwwR
SockDownBobbGeorNatiEdwiThomDeadWillFantJeweRichWinddiamFuxiMarcPierJoseMiyoZoneNewsSoirZone
SwarPaulNBRDRondFrisBipaNichTirsWindKoboBonuRogeMAGINokiVivePierocnoNyloOZONShutTerrMariConc
OdysXVIIGALWZOOMChriGillCandCataAnakComeBookParaJohnRollFoleBestDalvEdmiwwwaDantWhisEvidSwin
GerbEducEditKotlBaseSudoBritTubuBarrwwwnPhilDremChouBossChoiWindwwwgJaneroadEmmyCarpDarkGesl
WindStanCharMargMumiVIIIFyodAfroArouXVIIOtarRatiDolbSelfFranLudwMinePennDaviBeatJeweRajnManf
WindJavaiOneDiscLibeMaurGhiaErikNostAlexCallJacoEleaDolbwwwnFranXVIIStevVIIISousOverZOOMZOOM
ZOOMPhilJeweAberRawsTigeBonuStraRobeJamiJanePhylMorntuchkasExplCher