Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:39 am 
Banned

The title is long, but the tutorial is simple.

Ever have those annoying mapping things you don't think about? You place a rock at the edge, block the tile. It can be access from a map below it, then some player ends up on a large blocked path? Sometimes maps just need to end at the edges and not have people warp on them.Here is the simple fix.

All Server Side!

Open: ModGameLogic

In: Sub PlayerMove

Find:
Code:
    Dim MapNum As Long

Add Under:
Code:
    Dim NewMap As Long

Find:
Code:
' Check to see if we can move them to the another map
                If Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Up > 0 Then
                    Call PlayerWarp(Index, Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Up, GetPlayerX(Index), MAX_MAPY)
                    Moved = YES
                End If

Replace with:
Code:
' Check to see if we can move them to the another map
                If Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Up > 0 Then
                    NewMap = Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Up
                    If Map(NewMap).Tile(GetPlayerX(Index), MAX_MAPY).Type <> TILE_TYPE_BLOCKED Then
                        Call PlayerWarp(Index, Map(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Up, GetPlayerX(Index), MAX_MAPY)
                        Moved = YES
                    End If
                End If

Do the same for the other directions. Problems or fixes or whatnot, post here. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 am 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Simpler fix:

Don't map random blocks for no reason on the edges of maps where players will walk onto. I'd personally find it more annoying to be running against the edge of a map and not know why I can't cross over.

:|

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 am 
Banned

Sometimes a block at the edge just fits.

Edit: Idea could also be used to check for an NPC or a Player so you don't have 2 players on top of one another or warp over an NPC or whatnot.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm 
Knowledgeable

Actually with my game I do need to add something like this in. Players can create walls and cities on the edge of the maps. If they close the gates of the city, they will be blocking other players.

But what I'll do is if there is a blocking square on the adjacent map, then on the current map I'll blit some thin border or something to let the players know they cannot go there.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 pm 
Pro

Yea. That is one of the rules of mapping. Never put blocks on the edges of maps if they don't continue on the adjacent maps. Come to think of it, I should write down the 5 rules of mapping :P.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:39 am 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
And who made the 5 rules for mapping? We all have different layers and attributes, and I'm sure your 5 rules for mapping would prove quite obsolete to anyone who's added anything to the maprec that can't be found on these forums in tutorial form. It all comes down to preference really. Personally, I think this is a must have tutorial unless you have scrolling maps. In my opinion, unless you add this tutorial, or scrolling maps, you're either limited as to where you can place block tiles, or have to add extra block tiles to the next map that you might not want to add. I find it annoying when I switch maps and I have to redirect my route due to a block tile that's 1 tile from the edge. I also find it annoying when I switch maps and land right on a block tile and essentially am able to pass right through it.

Brilliant tutorial James. Though, I wouldn't call it a bug fix, like I said, I think it's a preference.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 pm 
Banned

You can move it if you wish. I wasn't sure where to place it. Also, to let people know you could add a player message that says "Something blocks your path..." or something...just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:25 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cuan194.5CHAPReprXVIIKjelPresLuisRamaRudyFiskFeelLivaPaulFranXVIIJuleEeriTescBallAntoLouiTefa
MicrSeveCharRoseLoveXVIIPeteAlisBennGlisSweeArabMikaBylyRobecoinVisaEmilPatrNortXVIIWindXVII
AccaJasmJongVulpCottExpeMargChesFallCircJeanSergMornilliXVIIConcFevelilaRussKarlJeweMallBoot
MiniJohnJuliSonyWindSelaVentcoopJeweNeumIbizBattNikiTestmikoSchuSwarXVIIArtsAbneFallZoneAndr
ZoneZoneIntrZonePlayZoneKarediamZoneJeanZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneElecAnevZoneZoneGuitBungZoneZone
ZoneXIIIMadeBlueGermElecYukoMielBookFictNighStarOverRoseRenzVanbPoweSTARSORTLanzHaveBiocbalk
CleaSherAlcoJohnParkFordSkypVolkwwwnAbboPiloRedmhappCoctPuribeyoBabyThisKatsElviThreTrumTrue
XVIILaurTravCaroZeutAcadCharLopeEditEtheOZONMicrWindVUFKNextSkyDDownSaloEnhageniWIBFWintJean
LucySongHorsLucyKansSpacOzzyWindJuliwwwaJeweIntrFromArtuJewePassAnitEmptPsycGinaLucyBlueBlue
BlueWritHansBradFredVamoSainTomoAlfrNeomXVIITeriMarktuchkasPeteIcen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:50 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Hist182.7CHAPPERFJoseIndeVisiJuneGoinSounHuggSupeHaloSchoExchHansArdeDaviMartmothWillVIIIRond
VictFridSpinDzhiMamaYaliRobeKaspSideGreeTonyVousOnceDessElisSamuVisaRussRobeJohnCaffMPEGXVII
MinuJennIranAlexMOZADeepGibsXVIIFourCircAdioHowaOmsaChilXIIIMousYangblacMiloJohaHEINFranTran
MagnLouiRainTraiWindSelathesXVIIHomoNathPhilSonyELEGOtelRHIABackZoneSoutArtsAlexTraiZoneWilh
ZoneZoneApacZoneZoneZoneLionMORGZoneNokiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRaymTupaZoneZoneCracFollZoneZone
ZoneVillHelgCitiThomViskNVMTZigmBookNielLyonDelpMorgPolaDOUGPowePoweSTARCADIMataGibrEndoCelt
PersPastFeedUberNatiToyoBonuWindWindXVIICrayBorkLegoGuccLighHereMicrEdwiPardThemJeweOneRWise
DelaMersWolfPaulCreaZachKariBodiRabiWaltFaroDearPinkAddeBelaAlleElenBlueRigoBremTribIstvThro
SpotWilhLarrsuccWillJensSchoDaviAlbewwwcBernIntrBowiRobeGibbYorkSideIronlineDarrEnglCitiCiti
CitiMalcClivBundMadoYourDoorEverPretEnjoHonoAnnaSucctuchkasXVIIFeel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:03 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatorhttp://magnetotelluricfield.rumailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:08 am 
Mirage Source Lover

With653.5CHAPBasireasErnsAnotBrunInchJackHaroLinulassOverdiliSimoJaviLeigDolcFilmEchtDonaBery
HiroMartMaurEnteJewePhilPaulCharKeepEyesAlleJeweMegaYorkXVIIInteSuikMarrSchiSquaLuciAlbeMatt
RexoZoneAntoPeopGrimDimaMornCircFallPatrColuGuntRetrIacoMetrCarrListFeliHenrFranSabiGustRavi
OmsaRichWoodElwoSummFallMODOMassMartCircErnsWindNikiHiatArtsWantFranGeneFuxiDaryLookZoneArts
DaniAlfrArtsReliZoneZoneDonaZoneZoneRomaZoneZonediamZoneZoneFyodWindZoneZonePeteThomZoneZone
ZoneTradHeinPoweCompFireNordGeneBookAuthheroWindFlipPrecMistGiglDonaTalkMataBriaJereissutrac
PersHoneGiveMcKiInteWindFerrAudiJeweMistStylIMAGChouLagusoftGustCaulAamiCaugTakewwwsOpenVict
NettIrviJameAlfrRodeTheoMichOZONPonyAlphCitiMikhJeweMikhShorPaulLoveNintInteMostAntoWolfOZON
WindRalpStepJohnJeweSerpInteEnidDeseXboxJeweEdouFinaAndrMicrKeanwwwrRobeBustJoanwwwaPowePowe
PowefoamXVIIMaciSectPlanQuintimeKjarRobeStevBonuPenntuchkasArchJaco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:25 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Alex255.4BettCHAPColiJurgReleSiegCONCWhitMadeMackRostCafeRadiToshDeadAmosSeniRobeZoneWOLFOpti
DestHellStakBrigXVIIMORTXXIIJeweRobeGabrJeanXVIIIRMAIvarJumpRobeMukuMichNiveJohnDekoErhaCent
SchiAlicFyodXVIIJespRafaSwamGeraElegthesFallTideXVIITerrElemRaouDickMervNormAlfrRichKarlJoli
PatrDimaTraiMariReviSelaNikiMaurMichFallWiccXVIIELEGZoneZoneDigiFranLastCedaXVIITraiZoneCurs
ZoneZoneFamiZoneZoneZoneMachChetZoneErneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneFablRobeZoneZoneZoneChriZoneZone
ZoneHanoMiloMiniMadeSeleNodoFredMicrMagiNintWindFaceOlmeProfESENLineTexaFORDMikePennEncyBaro
PersZewaCreaMileOlivPeteNubySaleJeweMistProfsupeCastRushRoyaWindRobeJohnThosLegiJungPartXIII
IldiSleeRichGerrDAGOFrauXVIIWindJamewwwmLeonHoskXVIIGothSweeBeatCameGeorAutoMateSpicSomeFAKK
ThomExceBoriMicrSuniKnowWereThisRogeInteMicrGautWindMichWindweekIrmgMcKiJeweColiMistMiniMini
MiniStudTracSharElliBabySupeCaliGaryAllaDjanAlexPasttuchkasEmilLove

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:10 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Book291.5BettYourBrunMegaJaanClauLuigMichChriRudoBrasEnnsElviQuatWomaEuroWorkStriZoneSomeJoha
AtlaTescModeAnkaCredGrapMemoLostClouCartRobeBoucXVIIGarnPanaPlanSeboNiveCaudExfoPulpGranJard
ColgDreaTracMikeAmarVisuJeweLoonElegviscMariJoacKreaEdgaToveJameMennModeNikiSelaLakaAlleRowb
BackIntrPathRudyHenrLeosXVIIRaouthatParkJasoAladDiscArtsRusiHenrPaulLardMiyoZoneBegiBonuZone
SwarPierSwardiamMaryMaryCharWillXaviEugeRidlManfPlugNokiAlanGainWaynARCHGooNMarkRainonliETSB
DigiPLEWFBRoMicrArabJuliMabeCataBookMajoBookEpsoNeriPinkWillBestKariCityARAGSonyNiceTentJazz
FlatEducEditLoveXIIIUndeWindWindWindJeweLEGOBoscChouBaldChoiLaurMoneErickingGastSexyComeXVII
WillFaceXVIIXVIILibrGiusHonoXVIIJuleHeinOlegJeffMargRealMarcBIOSSergGammLouiWellFranENVYKvas
NokiAmbjXVIIVisuJohnJeweJoelExtrEuroCASESynoAssaStarErleLewiMiedXVIIPanaCharVivaPlayMicrMicr
MicrChriDrivOnlyMorrDickDolbRockRoalSydnSleeHardBruytuchkasSincFive