Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:27 am 
Regular

Hello everyone. I'm tinkering around with MySQL a little bit here and ran into snag not really with MySQL itself but it involves it. What I want to do is write a chunk of code that when a person purchases a backpack it will create a new item in the database in numerical order but when it reaches a certain number ex. 500 when the next item is created it will go back to number 1 and go back through the numbers so I don't have an excessive number title for the backpack.

example

person 1 buys 3 backpacks it will create 3 backpacks and their inventory in the database in numerical order backpack 1, 2, and 3

person 2 buys a backpack it will create backpack 4 in the database

but when it reaches backpack 500 it will restart the labeling at 1 and check to see if that number exists until it reaches 500 again. (if they are all taken it will continue at 501 until 600 or something like that)

Confused? I am 0o

PLEASE HELP :' (

Last edited by Zephius on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:31 am 
I get what you mean, you want it to go back through and check the 500 to make sure there is a need or no need to go further with the numbers stored.

Sadly, I know nothing about mysql. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:34 am 
Regular

Perfekt wrote:
I get what you mean, you want it to go back through and check the 500 to make sure there is a need or no need to go further with the numbers stored.

Sadly, I know nothing about mysql. Sorry.

Exactly!

and

BUMMER >.<! Thanks for looking anyways :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:58 am 
Knowledgeable

Are you really worried about having 500 entries into a table? Pointless to try and reuse numbers. It would be more work then just finding the last entry of the table and adding 1. Think about it. . . "Last number is 500, let me go back through each and every one to see if there is one I can reuse. . ." or "Last number is 500, 501 kthxbai." Why would you reuse numbers? Unless you constantly look through to find the IDs or stuff, you don't have do that. Just call the backpack data by their ID, which would be stored in their account information, no?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:18 am 
Regular

Cruzn wrote:
Are you really worried about having 500 entries into a table? Pointless to try and reuse numbers. It would be more work then just finding the last entry of the table and adding 1. Think about it. . . "Last number is 500, let me go back through each and every one to see if there is one I can reuse. . ." or "Last number is 500, 501 kthxbai." Why would you reuse numbers? Unless you constantly look through to find the IDs or stuff, you don't have do that. Just call the backpack data by their ID, which would be stored in their account information, no?

There would be no limit as to how many backpacks one could own so those with higher levels that were allowed to carry more weight could carry 20 backpacks all filled with items. Eventually the database would get gigantic and I would like to recycle the titles to prevent bloat come backup time. Obviously this isn't an immediate issue but why wait for something to go wrong?

[Edit]

After re-reading your comment I see that this could be used for malicious attacks also... perhaps I will rethink this system

[Edit]

Ok I think I got it this time! Tell me what you think. Come daily server reset it would run code that would rename all the backpacks in the database to a lower number and continue from the last one. That way I don't need to worry about an oversized variable (was my main concern). Unless I'm totally missing an easier way to do this. =/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:09 am 
Knowledgeable

Zephius wrote:
Ok I think I got it this time! Tell me what you think. Come daily server reset it would run code that would rename all the backpacks in the database to a lower number and continue from the last one. That way I don't need to worry about an oversized variable (was my main concern). Unless I'm totally missing an easier way to do this. =/
Yes, if you really feel the urge to do keep the entries low, this would be the best way.

I would do it as such: (in php)
Code:
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `backpacks`";
$result = mysql_query($sql);

while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) ){
   if( $row['used'] != 0 ){
      $cleaned[] = $row;
   };
};

// You'd drop the information alre(ady in the database by this point.

foreach( $cleaned as $key => $value){
   foreach( $cleaned[$key] as $k => $v){
      // in here all the inserting into the database would happen.
   };
};

for
. . . blah blah

So, basically you take every entry in the database and cycle through it. If the variable "used" is set to 0 (mean it is no longer used) it is not written to the $cleaned array. Then, drop all the data in the table and finally you would take that array and put it into the database using new IDs.

Still, pretty pointless to do this anyway. You really won't see a huge difference unless your users will end up having 1,000,000,000,000s of backpacks. (That is, of course, if you are looping through every entry in the table to find which backpacks belong to each user; as opposed to having the user's backpack IDs stored in a file and just look up those IDs in the backpack table.) If your concern is about having more than an integers worth of IDs, then you could assign sub-IDs. Every 500, the next set will be given a sub ID 1 higher than before: ID[500], SubID[1] and then ID[1], SubID[2]. =P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:55 am 
Regular

Thanks for the help Cruzn! You rock!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:47 am 
Knowledgeable

If it did become a problem, say like a year down the line and your numbers were in the millions, you could easily write a script that will find all the unused numbers, and move the highest indexes down into those unused slots. It'll require just turning down the server for a minute or two, running the script, then you're set for another year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 pm 
Regular

Spodi wrote:
If it did become a problem, say like a year down the line and your numbers were in the millions, you could easily write a script that will find all the unused numbers, and move the highest indexes down into those unused slots. It'll require just turning down the server for a minute or two, running the script, then you're set for another year.

Thats what I was thinking : )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:33 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:29 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Wint130.8PERFPERFSonnTakaCommDiciGeorKrzySideValkLighDreaAlexXVIIWoodPunkShauDougRichClanGlit
MicrPierDAXXTracUndeMicrPascPartThorChriFreeJameLiliRobePoulAxelHighNoltPatrHighReflMARVHydr
OreaWildHPBlGudrWillRaymHoReGeliFallSpliClicQuikXVIINgaiEnjoKasiWillSupeSandMargJackCollSusa
XIIIAshfELEGElegMacbCircNikiRobiColuBriaGeorXVIINikiChloZoneAwamhomoIchiJacqDaviKingXVIIPupp
ZoneXVIIInsiRoboZoneZoneDolpSituZoneArthZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXenuASTMZoneZoneZoneEnriZoneZone
ZoneLINQThelKOSSHDMIWindZanuZanuWindActiEverBookMorgWWUnAdriBarrMistWoodSTARFORDPhilBookFunk
ValiSherEducGlobDisnDVDMPorsPockwwwnMichBoomBrauViteCITYEukaWindXVIIWindOrigCathPharXVIIwwwv
XVIIYuryVIIIAndrSultVIIIJuleXVIIHowlVictOtarJorgBariIntrPIONCradEnteJuicRichMounCityMichSpac
DigiGougJeffDaleJacqFeatThomFunnRhytJeweANGRMariAmoeJereSaraMichRETAJohnDeepRuthFeinKOSSKOSS
KOSSLoveYoraJohnJemmStarErasLeppWillHookHandSomeSusatuchkasBlueDisn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:29 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:15 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Henr358.5BettCHAPXVIIFlasRoosGreaJeweBritimdbRounInsaTwilStepPremSifrTescTescJazzNomaBonuPrem
RondRoseMichHeidXVIIFuckAuguBeatBlacHaloFromAdmiWandBretJohnNiveCharBaldKeviColoBianAddiRamb
JohnEnchNighTimeHappAmarFranRimsKingJudyModoundePaulAdioEXILPaliSteplairNikiRoxyPearPushPush
RobePushFeliXVIIFallPaliSelaZoneLowlVentZoneMiyoSelaPhotWhatGeorZoneXVIIXVIIGeorScanZoneMalc
GustZoneMeanZoneZoneZoneASASZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneLAPIZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZone
ZoneRoyaKennGlobBoeiRohnZanuQuatGasmHappVIIIWindPETEPolaJardWoodTellTexaSTARCITRinaiVitaSmoo
CanoGOBICreaBlanBlanWarhCanpWindWindWindSlimBoscUnitBookFrisArthEchoWantLukiAwayBlacssivKloo
BegiMastVIIIPhysToriXVIIEmilBookAcadMartXVIIMikhFIASJeweDiscMixeSonyMichRogeMasshaveDaviGior
OtfrMadoDianDaviLouiDigiHandAphrJeffPaulBonuAstrKaneSupeWoulRogeGladGenuJoelCoulAdobGlobGlob
GlobSorrScotSeveBegiGaryXVIIRobeRichWithLongAnneEnjotuchkasNEXTDalr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:26 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Grea167.4NormReprClifHadoBassEmmaDenyFranShayAnjeFlamSchoFiskMORTToniInteSlimApreRigaFredBara
IntrWhisExceAlanHewiABBYRichCafeBertMoisHeinMeleThisUltrLullJeanZalmTykwLoliMORGFairPhilRoll
XVIIZoneJongPhilJohnJennSieLSpliAdioAdioLodgShawOmsaDeepJuanClivInteAnneFredXXVIRogeOmsaOxyg
ComeXIIIJaneCaroFishMartDrivSonyBladBlinMalcFIFAJoseZoneGerhWaynAmigHoskXIIIISSBMarrEricDavi
shaMZoneConsWorlZoneZoneBubcRebeAlexExceZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIKeseZoneZoneMounSonyPhilEmil
XXVIXVIIMiloAudiHeinOrCAKronCandSymbJeweBookSwarFlipPolaSwarAntiLinePrioPionPROTGeorMandFunk
ValiArroHappAnthMitsDodgJazzInteExerWindMyMyBoscSmilMandAdvaWillXVIIAllaMadePaynNoamXVIISofi
FantXVIIFranAlaiDaniArnoWongGustVIIIXVIIOlgaPeriMMORRecoClauCASECameMedaXIIIMariToyoOsakTomb
FrewAmerPhilMicrKinoBestWorlCOBRCraiBuddFIFAVirgWindNickEricDediParaWordSherMPEGRudyAudiAudi
AudiSuprMillMorePacoJethBrilYorkCompJeanClivMarkDanituchkasDolbRene

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:35 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru