Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: single player.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:11 pm 
Knowledgeable

Well i have changed everything in 3.60 from characters to account and i was wondering how would i set this.

Code:
Function GetPlayerX(ByVal Index As Long) As Long
    GetPlayerX = Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).x
End Function

Code:
Sub SetPlayerX(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal x As Long)
    Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).x = x
End Sub

Code:
Function GetPlayerY(ByVal Index As Long) As Long
    GetPlayerY = Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).y
End Function

Code:
Sub SetPlayerY(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal y As Long)
    Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).y = y
End Sub

Code:
Function GetPlayerDir(ByVal Index As Long) As Long
    GetPlayerDir = Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).Dir
End Function

Code:
Sub SetPlayerDir(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Dir As Long)
    Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CharNum).Dir = Dir
End Sub

Code:
Sub AddAccount(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Name As String, ByVal Password As String, ByVal Sex As Byte, ByVal ClassNum As Byte)
Dim f As Long
Dim n As Long

'If LenB(Trim$(Player(Index).Name)) = 0 Then
        'TempPlayer(Index).CharNum = CharNum

Player(Index).Login = Name
    Player(Index).Password = Password

Player(Index).Sex = Sex
        Player(Index).Class = ClassNum

If Player(Index).Sex = SEX_MALE Then
            Player(Index).Sprite = Class(ClassNum).Sprite
        Else
            Player(Index).Sprite = Class(ClassNum).Sprite
        End If

Player(Index).Level = 1

For n = 1 To Stats.Stat_Count - 1
            Player(Index).Stat(n) = Class(ClassNum).Stat(n)
        Next n

Player(Index).Map = START_MAP
        Player(Index).x = START_X
        Player(Index).y = START_Y

Player(Index).Vital(Vitals.HP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(Index, Vitals.HP)
        Player(Index).Vital(Vitals.MP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(Index, Vitals.MP)
        Player(Index).Vital(Vitals.SP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(Index, Vitals.SP)

' Append name to file
        f = FreeFile
        Open App.Path & "\accounts\playerlist.txt" For Append As #f
            Print #f, Name
        Close #f

Call SavePlayer(Index)
End Sub

that's just some of them. but how would i change these to read from account instead of from character.
Thank you For your help.

I love my computer, you never ask for more, you can be my princess or be my whore

Post subject: Re: single player.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:35 pm 
If you're gonna do that, just use the graphic engine in MS. The rest of it is tedious and you can do it sooo much faster from scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
1. Make MAX_CHARS = 1

2. Have a create Account button.

3. When you login with the "account", check server side if it has a player in slot1. If it does send back a packet and log him in right away. If he dont have a char, send him to create char screen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 pm 
Knowledgeable

thank you William that will work good too =] better than redoing it all.

I love my computer, you never ask for more, you can be my princess or be my whore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:29 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Or when you create a account, you can send him directly to the create char menu. That way your login button will only be for logging into the game. But both ways are pretty similar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:51 am 
Knowledgeable

i like that better than the first one because it makes it easier to code rather than making a new thing where it checks to see if you have a character and if not opens character create screen, so this way you just set it to use character slot 1. for direct login. ^^ thank you William :D .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 am 

Perfekt wrote:
If you're gonna do that, just use the graphic engine in MS. The rest of it is tedious and you can do it sooo much faster from scratch.

this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 am 
Knowledgeable

its much easier to do it William way. just have to add the create new character packet stuff to create account move that create frmnewchar stuff to Frmnewaccount then redo a bit of code to log them in directly using character slot 1 ^^

problem i only have is its been over 5months since i coded anything haha.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 am 

genusis wrote:
its much easier to do it William way. just have to add the create new character packet stuff to create account move that create frmnewchar stuff to Frmnewaccount then redo a bit of code to log them in directly using character slot 1 ^^

problem i only have is its been over 5months since i coded anything haha.

Why use packets for singleplayer?

Why even use a server?

:S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:03 am 
Knowledgeable

Lets see packets are for sending information back in for between something< which if you have a server you have to use something like a packet.>

you don't really have to use a server you could make the clients to be connected together but then you still need to send packets to other clients unless its an rpg. but if you are doing an online game i suggest using a server to help stop hacking and taking over your game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:10 am 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
subject /\ ?

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 am 
Knowledgeable

i was just answering his question.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:41 am 

genusis wrote:
Lets see packets are for sending information back in for between something< which if you have a server you have to use something like a packet.>

you don't really have to use a server you could make the clients to be connected together but then you still need to send packets to other clients unless its an rpg. but if you are doing an online game i suggest using a server to help stop hacking and taking over your game.

If you're making a single player game its better to not use a server.

The only reason MS has a server is so that it can be multiplayer >_>;

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:02 am 
Knowledgeable

its multi player with single character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:04 am 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
genusis wrote:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that explains a lot xD
LOL

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:47 am 

Dragoons Master wrote:
genusis wrote:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that explains a lot xD
LOL

yeah lol.

maybe elaborate more next time? :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:11 am 
Knowledgeable

NVM i figured it out here i made a tutorial for it as well =].

http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=4710

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:35 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:52 am 
Mirage Source Lover

slam92.6BettBettLifeDojoMantJonaaimeDonaWindDekoSouvAlexTescAdobFresTescTescTescChinStorCONS
SidnCurvUndeTescLuxeOreaAiseCharLoviPatrFRDaGunmChooGreeNiveNiveMATIEmotGillAlbeMariFlaxShee
JennVavoCastLoveSommXVIIStragradLudwMargWilbReviMariAloeXVIIElemGianSergSpliCircChapDelpOmsa
SighBillKurtPictJohnFranTakaZoneElegLarrdiamZoneOrsoXVIIYasuLAPIZoneBAFTNasoHappZoneSonyZone
ThisPensJuliClifAlesHenrZoneXVIIshikNBRDCharFredEileLhotGeorHarvChetVelkWindAuroGaryJackJuli
XVIIUSSRMiloCitiChribalaPatrRowiWindWorlZackSauvRuyaFavoGiglEPBSWoodJeweARAGTimeNintThisJazz
MetaCreaTrefProsStefChicCitrWindLearJeweWhatBrauWinxFranCrysKaisSantFutuVoyeTranBOTHFeelWoma
SideAureJohaHardLefeXVIItodaLudwfutuSidePetemoreOlgaFilmGranHeleFeatLeslJameTeacHeinJoshDock
peneAlanCallEdwaRiteCaboeditThomMichJacqAllaChriNortCharAfteMathRobeErinHomeTuttHomoCitiCiti
CitiBonnBlueGileJacqJingKumaTimoThisCummSomemailChattuchkasKyleIbbo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Dale237CHAPCHAPCathComeRihaLouiRobeHeinSchiDelhMonsClasJuleMicrMuzzSongVictBriaZoneReauCris
GranStouStyxKarlCeraNatuDoctContTracAloeWalkDeadJameSeboFredErneDailKariBertSlowWillWindSera
AquoPhilBellAntoRomaPeriEtniSanjblacLondMaxCDaviKindXVIIFiskNoraWillRoxySilvSelaStraPrelBudd
OmsaCondXVIITessJorgWindKeigElfrWelcParaIrviHeroPetiPhilFuxiXIIIFingCentFuxiChetRudyPatrFuxi
ArtsJewediamLoriSwarCafeSongMichPhotSelmWarhJamePierCrysHowaHenrMichRamoHenrPaolSideSpasJewe
DeadChriXVIIIndurhytINTETekandasComeCotoBookDesiBonuOlmePETEFeraDustLanzSonyHEYNBeatThistrac
ValiEducIntrWindHautLegoPARTWindMicrMacrCrayBoschappEscaRoyaThommostTrouTraiChimlineLikeTayl
JeweWrecLoraJuleNataHarrMicrWelcXVIIJeroCarrDeadConcCurrLittPankHughUnzaDylaDZENAnnaThisYesc
EmilMitcMichCharKrupVeryLoveCarmMessAnitRegrAllaKingIntrMPLASandmailHansJohaStepDespInduIndu
InduSoonHideSelvSonyClocAnkeWelcMuddNeilDaviStevBarrtuchkasTempAnon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Fall148.6palmBettMichHenrPeteBentStilCharXboxAnniIrwiSturTescMiloClasSifrDaniDekoBernGeorTesc
FusiArniCuisAtlaNatuCharShioWomeAttiErbaQuelItalStepJozeKissDoveFlaxNiveVivaHarmpentCredStVa
PushPushCarlGongVocaLycrDustJeanNoraFranTaniKingBeatCompDarkAltaSelaLangCircNikiKenjSisiPush
FritTangPaliXVIILloyXVIIReadMiyoElegHaroSwarZoneVictEnigTogeMORGZoneCompdiamRusiMagnASASLinu
JeweMarcBennHaraElioNormdiamPitoHansZonegettXVIILymaJamePeteZoneZoneXXXVTimoZoneRobeZoneZone
GeraXVIIVillRitmFireGardIndewwwcEverAstoAvraOlmeMalcChicwwwbFashMistAVTOMystSonyURSSWileBlue
RiveEducGreasummMiliJuniOpelWindInteWindProfRedmClorIntrAdvaDolpMagmJaneTigeHenrSkinJeweRabb
TeamPujmByluGeneEdwaForeInduKareRobegyunIrinYevgGeieCharKaamHearCaseAntoDeniMartChriRobeAnna
ToveRobeWolfVolvMadePhilAlexLiseRichHelgErneGrazSecoJillDonaBlacLongJerrGeneGranMoodRitmRitm
RitmIntrNighOverSweeNighLastEighAlfrTrioCambMichVerktuchkasPhilHead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:48 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

expe560.5BettCHAPStanSatuBAFTGlenAbraGeraAndaKnutMoreClasBeecAtlaDellpassBianSwisFinaDeanMari
ShinDekoAssaSpirOreaBajaVoluNeriVisiEpilVIIISatiOnceNiveThomPatrDiadDoveGreeAquoJeanVisiPayo
RelaNormKaraVoguTrasSisiStagPhotDonainteHerbRadhDoorErneGiftRoseAlwiSchrNikiNikiPresStabHans
UnicDreaZachCyndJameFranHervZoneJuliDonnHappWongJeweSwarZonelsbkMetrgooddiamZoneLoacWindZone
FredWillNasoNasoBEFOAlaiRobeOlofJackmailWhatClauCentHardInteVictTitlJohnHajoRogeRHINJohnSuit
BurnVocaHobnTRASKarlTreeAtlaAnanBookSimsBookFromChicNeriRenzMicrMistRubiPaulLeinFranMastJazz
BotaHellTrefPotiJoseViolArcoWindWindWindJohaPhilBoscCalvHartWindFiesNellGreeXVIIWhatPaulDivi
RodnFromLeonXVIIWaynHiroVespDetaSchiEditOtarCapiUrbaMPEGChatLongcybeXVIICBMPMPEGComeBarcBria
MartNataJennPaulJudeBonuNeedwwwnMicrDudeStonPorcRienLymaMikeColoAbelDaviPinnMessWillTRASTRAS
TRASPianWindSokoRobeOligDaviGernOliePeteGilbGordSweetuchkasUsinDang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо